Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 15:27   #6796
BHPian

DTR LED's are my latest fascination!

All the after market ones I've seen are horizontal strips.
Are there any models which are circular in shape, which can go into the regular fog lamp a sockets on a car (Santro in my case)??
If anyone has seen such DTR LED's, please share some info/links.

[Patent pending for the idea!!]
Old 9th January 2013, 16:04   #6797
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
DTR LED's are my latest fascination!

All the after market ones I've seen are horizontal strips.
Are there any models which are circular in shape, which can go into the regular fog lamp a sockets on a car (Santro in my case)??
If anyone has seen such DTR LED's, please share some info/links.

[Patent pending for the idea!!]
Hella has a few after market round DRLs. More info at the link below.

http://www.hella.co.in/Category.aspx?Id=9
Old 10th January 2013, 10:08   #6798
BHPian

I am using a mahindra rodeo rz scooter, it was having normal light which was not enough for night riding, from showroom itself i changed to halogen bulbs for a nominal price, is there a provision for xenon lights in my scooter? for this mod job do i need to change wiring/ battery setup etc? or simply it is plug and play for me? what will be the ideal lamps i can use(watt/company/model etc) ? will this void my warranty? can someone answer my questions?
Old 10th January 2013, 11:31   #6799
BANNED

@shiju.dba; You should be able to do so. The wattage of an HID is lower than a Halogen bulb so there should be no issues. You will need to add some both (ballast, etc) between the current connector and the HID. Make sure you go for a 4300K unit.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:44   #6800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
I am using a mahindra rodeo rz scooter, it was having normal light which was not enough for night riding, from showroom itself i changed to halogen bulbs for a nominal price, is there a provision for xenon lights in my scooter? for this mod job do i need to change wiring/ battery setup etc? or simply it is plug and play for me? what will be the ideal lamps i can use(watt/company/model etc) ? will this void my warranty? can someone answer my questions?
The Rodeo, unlike other scoots being sold these days, comes with a bulb type S1 or S2. However, other scoots like access, activa, dio etc come with a HS1 halogen setup. For S1 or S2, there is no technically matching upgrade. I am not sure what halogen bulb was fit by the showroom people. AFAIK, there is no HID kit for this type. Even if you manahe fitting another type of HID bulb into the current reflector, it will not be compatible. Electrically as SG sir has told, there wont be issues. However, the reflector cant accomodate a HS1 or H4 HID kit. So, stay away from them. From my experience on my old scoot, I can say that a good quality of S1 bulb will make a considerable difference in the illumination. There are many local replicas of the bulbs which are designed in the most unscientific manner. Switch back to what was provided by the manufacturer.
Old 10th January 2013, 12:08   #6801
BHPian

Thanks a lot Audioholic and sgiitk for fast response. Do you know any place in bangalore where i can install xenon kit for my rodeo rz?

Also I would like to know what i can do for performance boosting in my scooter (other than nitrous shots).

All these i will implement only after warranty period over
Old 10th January 2013, 12:26   #6802
BHPian

@shiju.dba - I think you need to run it on DC . That is directly from the battery with a separate switch or can use the original one with tampering. Usually scoots will have an AC powering the headlamps. AFAIK there ready kits with projectors available for bikes.
bullboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 12:55   #6803
BHPian

Last week i got a call from my trusted Maruti workshop. The seats on my Sx4 were making some noises and i had rated them badly on the follow-up call. Due to that, they offered me a freebie of my choice in the price range of Rs. 1500/-. Excited, i went ahead and asked them if they had 90/100W bulbs in stock, was pleasantly surprised by its availability, but unfortunately they only had the Halonix bulbs with them. I was told the price of the bulbs along with wiring harness, relay & holder would be Rs. 1450 & hence i could get it FOC as a compensation from them.

Even though i was not really happy about the bulb being offered, still since it was a freebie and i did not really need anything else, i went ahead with it.

The lights per se are excellent and do aid in the visibility to a much greater extent than the sort of useless stock headlights on the Sx4, but the only issue, the lights are bright yellow in color, and looks el cheapo on the vehicle

Any suggestions to change the bulbs to a saner and a normal yellow colored lamps would be welcome. Also, what all do i have to keep in my mind before i decide upon a replacement bulbs, as the current set-up provided would do okay during winters (read foggy conditions) but once February turns in it would look completely out of place.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 10th January 2013, 13:46   #6804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post

The lights per se are excellent and do aid in the visibility to a much greater extent than the sort of useless stock headlights on the Sx4, but the only issue, the lights are bright yellow in color, and looks el cheapo on the vehicle

Any suggestions to change the bulbs to a saner and a normal yellow colored lamps would be welcome. Also, what all do i have to keep in my mind before i decide upon a replacement bulbs, as the current set-up provided would do okay during winters (read foggy conditions) but once February turns in it would look completely out of place.

Do you know the temp rating of the bulb? If it's bright yellow as you have mentioned, the color temp would be 3000k or less than that. For stock colot output, you will need to go for anything above 4000k. Since you already have the entire kit, you will need to get the bulbs alone. I hope you have the ceramic holder and relay.
Old 10th January 2013, 14:17   #6805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Do you know the temp rating of the bulb? If it's bright yellow as you have mentioned, the color temp would be 3000k or less than that. For stock colot output, you will need to go for anything above 4000k. Since you already have the entire kit, you will need to get the bulbs alone. I hope you have the ceramic holder and relay.
Couldn't spot the temperature rating on the box of the bulb, did try looking for that before it was installed.

Yes, they did give the entire kit inclusive of the ceramic holder & the relay.
I believe 4300k is the temperature for the stock color. Any estimate of the price range i should be looking at for Philips / Osram 90/100W 4300k lamps ?? Planning on getting them this weekend, since fog & cold conditions in delhi seems to be gone for this season at least
Old 10th January 2013, 14:37   #6806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't spot the temperature rating on the box of the bulb, did try looking for that before it was installed.

I believe 4300k is the temperature for the stock color. Any estimate of the price range i should be looking at for Philips / Osram 90/100W 4300k lamps ?? Planning on getting them this weekend, since fog & cold conditions in delhi seems to be gone for this season at least
4300k would be the stock color. I think the bulbs should come around 500/-. I'm not sure on that since I got the Osram kit for around 1.2k couple of years back. Kindly confirm that. I would recommend Philips but do check which model to go for since there are many models available that's suited for different needs.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 23:15   #6807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am using halonix 90/100 4300k bulb and i am pretty much satisfied with them. I suggest you to try them

I got them for around 170-180 per bulb and They are damn VFM.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 13:49   #6808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
Thanks a lot Audioholic and sgiitk for fast response. Do you know any place in bangalore where i can install xenon kit for my rodeo rz?
I again humbly advise you to stick to a normal bulb of good quality. The bulb setup wont accomodate HID kits or halogen lamps. Even if one is able to plonk in a HID bulb, the focus will be totally off as the location of the filament will change.

Quote:

Swap it with phillips rally 100/90 mate. Its nearly white and not yellowish. Does the job well.

Last edited by audioholic : 11th January 2013 at 13:50.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 13:53   #6809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I again humbly advise you to stick to a normal bulb of good quality. The bulb setup wont accomodate HID kits or halogen lamps. Even if one is able to plonk in a HID bulb, the focus will be totally off as the location of the filament will change.
@audioholic, accepted your suggestion, please can you advise me on which bulb/model/ i need to stick for, as my area has a problem of shortage of street lights and lot of wandering cows at night, and the light of rodeo is too weak to see these unexpected things. please help.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:12   #6810
Senior - BHPian

Just bought 2 pairs of Philips Xtreme vision H4 60/55 bulbs from AK traders, JC road, Bangalore. Cost was Rs. 900 per pair inclusive of taxes. MRP printed is Rs. 600 per bulb. Did try bargaining for a discount, but the shop owner did not budge, and he went on to say that even if we take 200 bulbs, the selling price will remain the same!
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130111_160036.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130111_160053.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130111_160151.jpg
The bulbs are january 2012 manufactured, hope that would not be an issue.
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks