Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 13:22   #7111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Thanks for the information. This will be useful for others. Another thing is dx.com. I have been a regular customer and have personally bought many products from them. Unbeatable price and selection. The only problem I face is their delivery time. Around 2-3 weeks but cant argue when they offer free shipping from US. How fast did you get yours? Also post some pics.

Will post the pics once I take some night shots .

Delivery time was around 2 weeks. And they ship from Hong Kong not America.

The lamps are lovely . With soft glow unlike the usual leds which are sharp
Old 6th April 2013, 19:26   #7112
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I changed the parking lamps of our i20 to LED. Since the main bulbs were yellow(Philips Xtreme vision) , i was on look out for LED which are same color as the head lamp and not the usual white-blue LED which would look out of place.So wanted to share this info with fellow BHPians who are on lookout for yellow-ish LED's!

After a lot of searching ,I finally ordered a pair from dx.com which were described as warm white,exactly the type i wanted. These bulbs were delivered yesterday and i put them on the car. The LED's are of very high quality compared to the ebay india ones that i purchased for my bike.

The end result is simply too good . I wanted yellowish parking lights but brighter and i got what i wanted. The LED's are really bright and has changed the look of the car when just the parking lights are on. They look very nice!

Here is what i ordered -

http://dx.com/p/sencart-t10-1-8w-350...v-2-pcs-168086
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks for the information. This will be useful for others. Another thing is dx.com. I have been a regular customer and have personally bought many products from them. Unbeatable price and selection. The only problem I face is their delivery time. Around 2-3 weeks but cant argue when they offer free shipping from US. How fast did you get yours? Also post some pics.

Here are the pics of the LED parking lamps in warm white color
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_182804.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_182805.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_182818.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_190942.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_190956.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_191013.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_191028.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_191037.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130406_191057.jpg  

sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 19:35   #7113
BHPian

Upgraded the stock headlamps in my Ertiga to 90/100 bulbs. The lighting has improved significantly. The stocks were really poor for highway drives. Will update the the feedback after my next highway trip.

Got the Philips Rally bulbs, Roots relay and Wiring kit for 1200 from Sachins Autoshop Koramangala. The work was done decently and took just 10-15 minutes.
Old 6th April 2013, 20:34   #7114
BHPian

Re: Scorpio Lighting Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Hi,
I have a Scorpio with Philips Extreme Visions. The lighting is better than the normal bulbs but not enough for highway drives.

I now bought a Philips H4 Wiring kit with ceramic holders and 130/100 Rally bulbs.

My query is, is the light assembly and especially the surroundings of the bulb of the Scorpio strong enough to withstand the heat from a 130 watt bulb? would the assembly withstand the heat without warping and melting? I will be using these bulbs only for highway driving, so can the assembly withstand the heat for say 8 hours of continuous driving?
Any takers for my query? Can I go ahead with 130/100 bulbs on the Scorpio? Can the headlamp assembly withstand the heat?

Thanks.
Old 6th April 2013, 20:50   #7115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any takers for my query? Can I go ahead with 130/100 bulbs on the Scorpio? Can the headlamp assembly withstand the heat?

Thanks.
I have run 130/100 halogens in my scorpio for well over 3 years, the headlamp assembly held good till i sold my car.

Currently, im running 130/100 in my figo for an year.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 21:33   #7116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
I have run 130/100 halogens in my scorpio for well over 3 years, the headlamp assembly held good till i sold my car.

The figo has plastic headlights! using 130/100 is asking for trouble!
During the rainy season your headlamps can get clouded with water.

I wouldnt even try 90/100 of the figo

asdfvinay
Do you really need 130/100 in the city? a lot of poor motorists are going get blinded by your lights.
Why not fix extra fog lights and use them when you need in the highway ?
Old 6th April 2013, 21:55   #7117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post

That helps, thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Do you really need 130/100 in the city? a lot of poor motorists are going get blinded by your lights.
Why not fix extra fog lights and use them when you need in the highway ?
For city use I'm comfortable with the extreme visions I currently have. As mentioned in my original post, I will be using these only for highway runs. Idea is to install the wiring kit and continue with extreme visions and spend 5 minutes to swap the bulbs before hitting highways which is not too frequent in my case.
Old 6th April 2013, 23:53   #7118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

Not available there.

For civic,
HB3 - 9005 - Highbeam
HB4 - 9006 - Lowbeam
Please help to find OSRAM NB+ in Delhi. Can't find it anywhere :(
Old 7th April 2013, 00:03   #7119
BHPian

Quote:
The box of my Osram NB+ (pictures uploaded a few pages back) have the importer's sticker and contact info. Which is:

Osram India Pvt Ltd, 4698, EPIP, HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli, Distt. Sonepat-131028, Haryana India (India).
Customer care number: 0124-4150100
E-mail id: customercare@osram.com

Or else, I suggest you get in touch with autotrends.in customer care. I talked to the owner while purchasing Osram NB+ H4 bulbs for my zen. The friendly guy mentioned that he is an authorised distributor for Osram. I have misplaced his contact number but a mail/call to autotrends can get the bells ringing for you.

Regards
Old 7th April 2013, 12:57   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
That helps, thankyou.

For city use I'm comfortable with the extreme visions I currently have. As mentioned in my original post, I will be using these only for highway runs. Idea is to install the wiring kit and continue with extreme visions and spend 5 minutes to swap the bulbs before hitting highways which is not too frequent in my case.
Assuming that you have put up a relay and ceramic holders too with those 130, consider the pain for the on coming traffic. One suggestion, use extream vision or at best 90/100 or 80/100 in the stock headlight. If you drive extensively at night , get Hella 500/700 FF for your ride. I feel they will also add to the look of the car. Use the Hella only when required. If you find Hella expensive get Neo Lite 1100 for arounf 1K. Headlights damaged are expensive to replace.
Drive safe.

Quote:
Buy it online from autotrends.com. there is an offer going on , 799 for a pair if I am not wrong.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th April 2013 at 01:27. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 7th April 2013, 13:21   #7121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post

The box of my Osram NB+ (pictures uploaded a few pages back) have the importer's sticker and contact info. Which is:

Osram India Pvt Ltd, 4698, EPIP, HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli, Distt. Sonepat-131028, Haryana India (India).
Customer care number: 0124-4150100
E-mail id: customercare@osram.com

Or else, I suggest you get in touch with autotrends.in customer care. I talked to the owner while purchasing Osram NB+ H4 bulbs for my zen. The friendly guy mentioned that he is an authorised distributor for Osram. I have misplaced his contact number but a mail/call to autotrends can get the bells ringing for you.

Regards
Thanks mate. I'll contact them both
Old 8th April 2013, 11:05   #7122
BANNED

Quote:
There are multiple vendors on e-Bay. I bought from cars.n.more.
Old 8th April 2013, 16:09   #7123
BHPian

Quote:
Not available there.

For civic,
HB3 - 9005 - Highbeam
HB4 - 9006 - Lowbeam
If you still have not got these, try this site.

http://epitstop.in/product/Osram-Nig...id-117947.html

http://epitstop.in/product/Osram-Nig...id-117946.html

EDIT : and in philips here:

http://www.carkhana.com/index.php/ph...3-9005-cv.html

http://www.carkhana.com/index.php/ph...4-9006-cv.html

Last edited by amit1234singla : 8th April 2013 at 16:36.
Old 8th April 2013, 20:39   #7124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
There are multiple vendors on e-Bay. I bought from cars.n.more.
Nothing on eBay.in sadly.
Buying from eBay.com means shipping to India plus customs which would make it expensive.

Are the two sites reliable?

And I though NB+ were cheaper. The site quotes near 1800 :(
Old 9th April 2013, 11:54   #7125
BHPian

Quote:
Are the two sites reliable?

And I though NB+ were cheaper. The site quotes near 1800 :(
I have not boutght anything on epitstop myself but this link was shared by Vid a few pages back. Not sure if he has used it or not.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3036236

Carkhana is a reliable site as I have used them once. Delivery was through blue dart within 2-3 days. Check this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-gear-etc.html

NB+ in H4 type is not that costly. Other types are expensive I think and there is minimal discount. E.g h7 is 1,600 mrp.

Most Viewed