Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:11   #7531
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Most of the Hella relays in market are fake products and Super is atleast an Indian company with a proper warranty .

If you can source original Hella relays, its believed to be better than others.
I have posted photograph of original Hella relay kit few pages back. It is double relay, double fuse; one for each headlight. Construction and material quality is very good, you can sense it from touch and feel.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:37   #7532
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for Philips Essential Power H7 80W bulbs (http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...more%20light#0)

But none of the listed dealers on the Philips website seem to have it in stock.

I know I could roam JC road and find it, but there are so many fakes in the market.

Anyone have any leads on where else I could look for these bulbs ?

PS: Please don't suggest Reliance AutoZone, they keep only bling bling white light bulbs.
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:52   #7533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have posted photograph of original Hella relay kit few pages back. It is double relay, double fuse; one for each headlight. Construction and material quality is very good, you can sense it from touch and feel.
Hi Guite; Could you point us to that specific page.

Secondly from where you got this setup fixed. I am from Noida and looking out for similar setup for my spark.
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:55   #7534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I'm looking for Philips Essential Power H7 80W bulbs (http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...more%20light#0)

But none of the listed dealers on the Philips website seem to have it in stock.

I know I could roam JC road and find it, but there are so many fakes in the market.

Anyone have any leads on where else I could look for these bulbs ?

PS: Please don't suggest Reliance AutoZone, they keep only bling bling white light bulbs.

Why roam around JC road when you have a Philips authorised distributer in JC road.

AK Traders

Once you enter JC road from the minerva circle you will encounter a signal just after the multi level car park. Take left over there . This shop is on the 3rd or the 4th left bylane . Google up for exact locations. Its not difficult to find
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:57   #7535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

AK Traders
AK Traders does not have stock! :(

As mentioned in my previous post, I tried the listed authorized dealers for Philips from their website.

AK Traders, Methode Electronics & Chawla were listed.
Old 23rd August 2013, 21:30   #7536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Hi Guite; Could you point us to that specific page.

Secondly from where you got this setup fixed. I am from Noida and looking out for similar setup for my spark.
It's on page 480. I got it from Karstylo, sector 16 for Rs.900.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:33   #7537
Senior - BHPian

How do I know if this is genuine Philips or a fake?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_083249.png
Views: 1320
Size:  393.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_083306.png
Views: 1174
Size:  427.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_083324.png
Views: 1303
Size:  385.0 KB
Old 26th August 2013, 08:42   #7538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
How do I know if this is genuine Philips or a fake?
Take a close look at the letterings on the bulb. If they appear smudgy, its most definitely a fake.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 08:50   #7539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Take a close look at the letterings on the bulb. If they appear smudgy, its most definitely a fake.
Definitely not smudgy. Thanks didn't know this

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_084947.png
Views: 1251
Size:  384.8 KB
Old 27th August 2013, 00:01   #7540
BHPian

Guys,Through out this thread I read that 100/90 bulbs are not to be prefered to Nb/xv bulbs the reason being people are scared of reflectors,plastic lenses melting , discoloring or warping.But has anyone actually seen it happen in their cars?or is it more of a scare only.I do read a few members say they have used 100/90 or 130/100 etc for a couple of years in their cars without any effect but dont remember reading of anyone with first hand experience of actual damage.

Is it only a scarey thought ,thinking of the thousands of bucks needed to replace the lamps, that keeps people away from the high wattage bulbs?and settle for a lower output beam

any thoughts on this?
Old 27th August 2013, 07:43   #7541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Guys,Through out this thread I read that 100/90 bulbs are not to be prefered to Nb/xv bulbs the reason being people are scared of reflectors,plastic lenses melting , discoloring or warping.But has anyone actually seen it happen in their cars?or is it more of a scare only.I do read a few members say they have used 100/90 or 130/100 etc for a couple of years in their cars without any effect but dont remember reading of anyone with first hand experience of actual damage.

Is it only a scarey thought ,thinking of the thousands of bucks needed to replace the lamps, that keeps people away from the high wattage bulbs?and settle for a lower output beam

any thoughts on this?
I've been using 100/90 Phillips Rally bulbs in my WagonR- without any negative effects for over 7 years now. No effects seen on the plastics, and I believe Maruti would have used cheaper plastics than any other car maker.

However, we had trouble with the relay once, and lost the headlamps at night, luckily within city limits.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 08:03   #7542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But has anyone actually seen it happen in their cars?
100/130's on my old car created so much heat that it melted the clear plastic. So, it is in fact true.

I am yet to see reports for the 100/90 bulbs, which I am using currently in my current car. Comparing the heat generated with my older bulbs, these are definitely cooler. I had been using 60/55 stock for about 3 years before switching to 100/90 with relay. The heat output I felt with 100/90 is almost the same as stock according to me. If in fact, they do become yellowish after a few years. (I am using the 100/90 for about 3 months now, so too short to judge) and if the reflector has problems, my plan is to buy a new headlamps and then send it to one of the guys for fitting projector headlamps and the works.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 08:37   #7543
BHPian

Quote:

any thoughts on this?
Apart from the damage to the reflectors as quoted in many cases- there is definitely an effect on the battery life.

More the power, more the current drawn from the battery, which the circuit must handle(precisely why we use the relays).
Old 27th August 2013, 10:37   #7544

Hi All, After more searches for a "genuine, branded" relay and kit over the weekend, I gave up. As per a couple of feedbacks, I decided to go ahead with the "super" relay and kit. Have installed it with Hella Rallye 100/90 bulbs on my vista (H7/H1). The following were the observations:

1. The throw and the spread of the beam has improved, but not significantly. I asked the tech about it and he says its a design issue with vistas and they dont have the best of reflector/casing design. Not sure if this is true or if he was just washing his hands off.
2. I had the opportunity to take the car out during rains and I must confess that the high-beam's throw was not significantly better when compared with the 55/45bulbs that I had earlier. I wonder if this is expected.
3. The heat from the lamps have definitely gone up by a couple of notches. As noted somewhere in this forum, I am making it a point to not have the lamps on for an extended period of time, especially during bumper-to-bumper traffic within the city (exception being when on highways).

Any expert opinion on these points above is welcome.

=== $$$ ===
Hella Rallye H7 100/90 bulbs - Rs. 600 for a pair
Hella Rallye H1 100/90 bulbs - Rs. 320 for a pair
Super relay and wiring kit - Rs. 850
Labor - Rs. 200

Cheers.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:57   #7545
BHPian

Buddies,
I am looking for a rubber stalk mounted beacon for mounting on the rear end of motorcycles at a height of about 1.8m from level ground. The arrangement would be same as found in some police motorcycles in the West.

Any info available?

Atul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks