Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 15:43   #7561
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
You should have bought or roots Hella it from snapdeal
2 weeks back , I purchased Philips Headlight Relay and Wiring Kit for H4 Bulbs ( 100/130 W from Ludhiana for 750. These are awesome. I had Super one but due to excessive heat wires got burnt. I an using i t with Halonix 90/100 white light
Wires got burnt? On a wiring kit which is specially made for handling higher wattage bulbs? In fact, I used the stock wires & holders on my Zen (old model) for 3 years without any issues.
So, it looks like one should better go for a Philips/ Hella or Roots kit for conversion.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:00   #7562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Can anybody comment on the Safari Storme's headlamps and foglamps....
Storme's Headlamps are projectors. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I am sure some variant has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Dear Friends,
I plan to change to stock fog lamps of my scorpio CRDe to something more powerful and better. What all options to I have?
The current ones have become pale and the output is not good either.

Thanks,
Replace stock bulbs with same rated (should be 55w) Philips EV or Osram NB, if you want to.
Else I am working on replacing my car's stock fog lamps with projectors. I have ordered a spare fog lamp set worth 899. I awaiting delivery of Projector lamps kit for 5459/-.
I also have a broken headlight reflector of Maruti A-Star/Ritz, size of which is almost identical to Hella 700FF lamps. Will work on both fog lamp modification &/0r Projector installation on A-Star headlight relector. Will start a seperate thread for that.

Planning to start working on it by next week (post recieving of itmes though). will let you know the end results with outputs. If that helps you & If interested I can sell it to you .

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 5th September 2013, 11:16   #7563
Senior - BHPian

My bulb after 3.5 years of use. It was a 80W Narva bulb. Bulb was still functioning , I replaced them as they had become weak.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130905_111535.png
Views: 5982
Size:  359.6 KB
Old 5th September 2013, 18:10   #7564
Senior - BHPian

What would be the effect of interchanging the wire connections between the High and Low beams on a twin barrel set up? I need better illumination for my low beams and wanted a higher wattage bulbs for it. However, I got mailed the H7 100W bulbs (which I presume are for the high beams in my Indigo). Hence the question. If I put them into the low beam socket n plug in the high beam wires to it (due to connector issues of H1 and H7) how will it effect the performance?
Old 5th September 2013, 19:08   #7565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
What would be the effect of interchanging the wire connections between the High and Low beams on a twin barrel set up? I need better illumination for my low beams and wanted a higher wattage bulbs for it. However, I got mailed the H7 100W bulbs (which I presume are for the high beams in my Indigo). Hence the question. If I put them into the low beam socket n plug in the high beam wires to it (due to connector issues of H1 and H7) how will it effect the performance?
So basically, have just the high beam pods light up when low beams are active?
(that took some mental flow to work out).
And the low beams come on when you put the high beams on?
But that just means you're constantly driving with the high beams on, and that is not fair, no,on others.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:10   #7566
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone point to the specific rule/act that states that 90/100 lights are illegal ?

I've done some googling and have found CMVR rule 106, but nothing that says that 90/100 is illegal.

Some relevant links that suggest that 55/60 are part of automotive standards and not any CMVR rule :

http://www.cartoq.com/why-some-commo...s-are-illegal/

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=160992

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th September 2013 at 20:13.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:47   #7567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
So basically, have just the high beam pods light up when low beams are active?
(that took some mental flow to work out).
And the low beams come on when you put the high beams on?
But that just means you're constantly driving with the high beams on, and that is not fair, no,on others.
I think its the way the reflector is made that projects the throw. So even if I ran the high beam bulbs in the low beam pod the angle of the projector would point it scattered and over a shorter distance, while on the high beam the projectors would throw the light up and straighter. So while a higher wattage bulb should give me more light that is thrown low and short (in the low beam pod) while the high beam continues to be the 55W regular OE bulb. That was basically the idea. But as I opened the headlight assembly for the replacements today, I found that I got the correct bulb. My Marina has H7 as low beams so I ahve just changed the bulbs from the original ones to these 100 W ones. The light is bright but still I think the poor quality of reflector is to be blamed for the still less than adequate light throw.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:57   #7568
Senior - BHPian

Here is the comparison of the stock OE light bulb and the new 100 W bulb. The first picture is of the OE.
With 100 W bulbs as H7 low beams, do I need to change the head lamp relay as well or the OE will do?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07813.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07814.jpg  

Last edited by wanderernomad : 5th September 2013 at 23:05.
Old 6th September 2013, 10:18   #7569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Here is the comparison of the stock OE light bulb and the new 100 W bulb. The first picture is of the OE.
With 100 W bulbs as H7 low beams, do I need to change the head lamp relay as well or the OE will do?
If you see the pictures the focus in the second picture is much higher than the first one, you may need to check the alignment of the headlight.

Yes, it is always better to have a proper relay and wiring for the high voltage lamps.
Old 7th September 2013, 14:54   #7570
BHPian

Any suggestions on Fog lamps for Liva?
Both Toyota and the accessories shops charge 4K for it.
I have already upgraded my Head lamps to 100/90W set up!
And i think the Fog lamps will be a life saver during the monsoons!
Should i go in for the OEM foglamps or the aftermarket ones??
Old 7th September 2013, 15:27   #7571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
My bulb after 3.5 years of use. It was a 80W Narva bulb. Bulb was still functioning , I replaced them as they had become weak.

Attachment 1134229
How are Narva bulbs compared to other brands like Philips or Osram? Where are they available in Bangalore?
Old 7th September 2013, 20:27   #7572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

How are Narva bulbs compared to other brands like Philips or Osram? Where are they available in Bangalore?
Narva is 'supposed' to be more German than the others

Bulbs were good for the first 2.5 years but over the past year or so the white light low beam has degraded in output. But my Hi beam 100W Narva lamps are still going great.

I got both my pairs of bulbs from JC road. Its been so long now, I don't remember the shop name.
Old 8th September 2013, 12:39   #7573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

Attachment 1134229
Hi,

Hella 100/90 bulb met a similar end is my car, this was due to loose negative connection between bulb and the ceramic holder. I have replaced this temporarily with the stock bulbs that I always carry in the car (for emergency use).

Could someone please help me with the following questions

1. I am using Hella headlight wiring kit and the kit is perfectly fine apart from one terminal of the ceramic holder (burnt out due to loose connection). Is it possible to replace only ceramic holder, and if so can I could someone share approx price and where I can get this in Bangalore (I guess JC Road).

2. Where can I get original Philips rally bulbs in JC Road and what is approx cost of H4 100/130?

Thanks

Regards.
Old 11th September 2013, 14:42   #7574
BHPian

Guys, need suggestion on change of bulb for a classic pulsar.. Need good spread of light which was lacking in the stock bulb.

Also do let me know if i get a reflector since mine has all spoiled after i used a halogen for long rides..
Old 11th September 2013, 14:53   #7575
BANNED

I hear that my H11 replacements (35W, 3000°K), ballasts (AC), and looms have been shipped. Let me get them and replace the fogs in my Civic. I will try and get before and after pics to show.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks