Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2014, 01:42   #8371
BHPian

Re: Manza Low Beam H7 replacement - Second bulb also fused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
And what does alternator servicing/ repair/ replacement involve?
Replacement of the alternator is not what we call cheap. Don't worry though, even I think it's not the alternator causing the problem.
Old 10th August 2014, 20:16   #8372
BHPian

Re: Manza Low Beam H7 replacement - Second bulb also fused

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check the socket and wiring to that specific holder and the left side to be doubly sure. I don't think the issue is of the alternator.

If you don't mind and want to do the little bit of R&D then buy another halonix and see if there is a genuine issue with the holder or the bulb was a lemon. 170 bucks it is, I know!

If the alternator was not working, battery won't get charged IIRC.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Replacement of the alternator is not what we call cheap. Don't worry though, even I think it's not the alternator causing the problem.
Thanks Anurag and Nishant. I too am of the opinion that it's not the alternator at fault here. I may have a one off case of a bad bulb (the replacement - Halonix). I guess I'll put in another bulb and see if that stays (which I think it should, because the replacement, as I had said earlier was suspect from the start, throwing all kinds of coloured shadows on the reflector, maybe the bulb already had a weak filament). It's more of an R&D and I hope it works. All the other bulbs are working fine in the car. If this stays then I'll maybe look for a pair of Philips Blue Vision 4000K H7s(with the same rating - 12V 55W ) to replace the stock low beam bulbs.

Cheers !
Old 11th August 2014, 11:37   #8373
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Dear Friends,
1. Have come across Hella Comet 200 Xenon in internet but I couldn't get this in the market. ...

2. Have come across a HID model Optilux HID Driving Lights H71020181 @ http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...0181/overview/ for a price of $190 USD and a Hella LED light bar model (12 LED) @ http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H71020431.html for a price of $115 USD.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.
Hi ForeRunner,

LED can start instantaniousely, however Xenon's/HID's will take somewhere around 5-10 seconds to come to full power. I read somewhere that 35W Xenon is almost equal to or greater than 100W of Halogen.
Looking at the descriptions on both the web links you provided, the two sets (Comet/Light bars) may emit white lights. Source Google ji.
This may be too rattling for oncoming traffic. Anyways, White lights are useless in rainy season, i gather this from all the expert comments on this forum on white lights.
I can be wrong on white light part emission of your selection. The reason for these not available easily in the market can be the price.

Try www.myhellalights.com. I cannot find the light you mentioned above on Hella's website H71020181, can it be fake!!! Only avaialble is H71020201), this is a pencil beam. However, You can find much better options their. You may need two separate sets Driving lights for short range visibility & Pencil Beams for long range.

Or best try ebay.

Experts, please comment.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 11th August 2014 at 11:42.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 11:57   #8374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Dear Friends,

I own a 2010 Swift Dzire and have already put Philips H4 90/100 with a relay kit. Ev--------------------------SNIP---------------s in advance.

The temperature of the HID is not mentioned.If its anywhere more than 5000k, its useless for your requirement(rain etc).
The LEDs, by that eval, are useless for you.White, or anything more than 5000k is defeated in the rain, fog, and oncoming lights.
Unless you put something like a 50inch LED bar, which just muscles its way past.In rain, youll see nothing, if the oncoming car has bright yellows, your own beam will be washed out, under high intensity street lamps, youll forever, be swapping lit orads from yellow to white to yellow which is headache enducing.

I'm saying this with experience of LEDs, as well as HIDs in projectors and without.

Last edited by mayankk : 11th August 2014 at 11:59.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 17:27   #8375
BANNED

Now I am going to prepare custom wiring kit for my Ambassador car. My electrician told me to use Finolex auto cables.Specification as per him follows.

Finolex 4 MM for All lights except Headlights.

Finolex 5 MM for Head lights and Horn.

Finolex 7 MM for Glow Plug and Self stater.

Please advise me on this. Is it recommended ??

If any other suggestions please guide me.

Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 15:05   #8376

I am in a real fix with the headlights of my new 2014 honda city diesel. The stock lamps are H11 55W for low beam and HB3 60W for high beam. I am not able to see anything with the low beam + fog lamps on, since it rains 24/7 in Kerala and the pot holes are covered with water. I went to a local auto shop and he suggested to install osram hid xenon conversion kit bulbs. I was about to go for this but few fellow team bhp mates suggested xenon lamps in itself without the use of projectors is of not much help. I went back to the guy and he said he can make custom projectors for the city but the lights will be white and not yellow. He himself said that white light are just for show off and will not help in visibility much. Plus, I want any change done to not affect my zero dep warranty. So, mates, please help me out here.
harihs_dr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 16:02   #8377
BHPian

@harihs_dr I think installing a relay and upgrading to 100/110 w headlamps would be the best solution. I am not sure about the H11 configs but an auto shop guy can help you out with this.
Old 15th August 2014, 08:53   #8378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
I am in a real fix with the headlights of my new 2014 honda city diesel. The stock lamps are H11 55W for low beam and HB3 60W for high beam. I am not able to see anything with the low beam + fog lamps on, since it rains 24/7 in Kerala and the pot holes are covered with water. I went to a local auto shop and he suggested to install osram hid xenon conversion kit bulbs. I was about to go for this but few fellow team bhp mates suggested xenon lamps in itself without the use of projectors is of not much help. I went back to the guy and he said he can make custom projectors for the city but the lights will be white and not yellow. He himself said that white light are just for show off and will not help in visibility much. Plus, I want any change done to not affect my zero dep warranty. So, mates, please help me out here.
H11 bulbs aren't available in India greater than 55w. Hence you will have to procure it from abroad. However, using a relay will not be straightforward as in the case of a car with H4 bills since both h11 and HB3 use a connector that's not widely available.

If your car had H4 bulbs, the upgrade would have been completely safe and warranty would be intact. Here it may not be the case. Even if installing HIDs, make sure that the connector is matching and wires aren't cut to make the connections.
Old 15th August 2014, 11:23   #8379
BHPian

Was trying out 2 types of bulbs which were readily available in the market, for Yeti's fog/cornering lamp - H7. I was looking for Osram NB unlimited but was not easily available, so tried out the available ones meanwhile. Just sharing the results below...

H7 Bulbs - Philips Blue Vision Ultra 4000 K and Osram Cool Blue Intense (Hyper white edition) 5000 K
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1983s.jpg

Philips Blue Vision Ultra 4000 K
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0218r.jpg
Color - This one looks whiter than stock but still yellowish. Not a perfect match with the whiter OE xenons which are around 4,300K.
Light output - Much better light output compared to the other bulb. Not just marginally better but very noticeable improvement over 5000K bulbs.
Verdict - Scores on performance but not the perfect replacement for fogs to match OE Xenons.

Osram Cool Blue Intense (Hyper white edition) 5000 K
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_8507l.jpg
Color - This one looks white. Not so bluish but a little more whiter than the xenons, so not a perfect match with the OE xenons which are around 4,300K.
Light output - Not happy with the output. You can barely make out that the fogs/cornering lamps are ON if the Xenons are ON. If it is on a rainy night, it is pretty useless.
Verdict - Scores in aesthetics but poor on performance.

There are some bulbs like Philips Crystal vision, Osram NB unlimited, etc. which are claiming color temperature in the range of Xenons (OE). But these were not readily available as mentioned above. Osram distributor even said that they don't have the NB unlimited in H7. I guess I will have to find an alternate source to get these bulbs. Will share the results once I get those bulbs. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2014, 13:49   #8380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
There are some bulbs like Philips Crystal vision, Osram NB unlimited, etc. which are claiming color temperature in the range of Xenons (OE). But these were not readily available as mentioned above. Osram distributor even said that they don't have the NB unlimited in H7. I guess I will have to find an alternate source to get these bulbs. Will share the results once I get those bulbs. Thanks.
Crystal visions are available aplenty online. But then you will have to buy it before it comes to you. I guess you are looking to test it and then buy? Maybe some nearby members who have one installed can help in this case and if you are satisfied, you can order them.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 14:00   #8381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Crystal visions are available aplenty online. But then you will have to buy it before it comes to you. I guess you are looking to test it and then buy? Maybe some nearby members who have one installed can help in this case and if you are satisfied, you can order them.

In the hunt for NB unlimited H7s I came across these 2. Since these were locally available I purchased them and tried them out. Now that I have found out the hard way that these 2 bulbs were not what I was looking for, I will have to either try the crystal vision Philips (if available locally) and then purchase, or place order for NB unlimiteds hoping they match the color. Will try the Crystal Visions first obviously as they seem to be not so hard to get like the NB unlimiteds. Today Philips distributor is not open so will check out tomorrow.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 15th August 2014 at 14:07.
Old 15th August 2014, 14:34   #8382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
This one looks whiter than stock but still yellowish. Not a perfect match with the whiter OE xenons which are around 4,300K.
White for fog lamps? Manufacturers keep the fog lamp yellow so that it can penitrate fog and rain, white light is of little use ,rather they are bad during fog and heavy rains.
Old 15th August 2014, 14:45   #8383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
White for fog lamps? Manufacturers keep the fog lamp yellow so that it can penitrate fog and rain, white light is of little use ,rather they are bad during fog and heavy rains.
I don't live in a place where fog is experienced. In 3.5 years of owning my Yeti, I have never had to use the fog lamps for fog. Fog lamps serve the purpose of lighting up the road immediately ahead of the car which is sensible in our poor road conditions. And in this case, as in for my Yeti, they are cornering lamps too under speeds of 50Km/hr (around that speed range, not sure about exact speed), above which AFS headlamps act as bending lights.

So I am not looking for yellow lights. Not looking for blue lights either. There is a perfect color temp which matches the OE Xenons which are around 4,300 K. It has a good light output compared to even stock halogen bulbs which are slightly yellowish. Best performer in this range AFAIK is Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited series of halogen and HID bulbs. But unfortunately these are not available so easily as they are expensive and not stocked so commonly. I hope I have made myself clear.
Old 16th August 2014, 02:04   #8384
BHPian

Guys, I was wondering if i can change my regular bulbs in my brake lights and the indicators to an LED bulb set up? If so, what are the changes needed to the electrical system? My main area of change are the indicator bulbs and the brake lights. the Headlamp i can live with OEM, but the indicators and brake lights need a change in my opinion. kindly help guys.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th August 2014 at 05:10. Reason: Duplicate posts deleted.
Old 16th August 2014, 15:48   #8385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Guys, I was wondering if i can change my regular bulbs in my brake lights and the indicators to an LED bulb set up? If so, what are the changes needed to the electrical system? My main area of change are the indicator bulbs and the brake lights. the Headlamp i can live with OEM, but the indicators and brake lights need a change in my opinion. kindly help guys.
Yes, you can but you need to make sure you buy the right fitment. Match it to the oem bulbs.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th August 2014 at 05:10. Reason: Quoted post edited.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks