Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 11:04   #9226
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Can anybody here recommend a good place in Bengaluru to retrofit projector headlights for my 2014 Verna ???

I am planning to go for the "Morimoto Mini H1 6.0" projectors with H4/9003 4500K HID Lamps

I need to buy them, either from local market or importing after reviewing the cost online ($270 for the complete kit + $53 for shipping).

If I get it in a resonable price tag, plan to buy and fix it all at a single place.

Nothing much of a bling. I just need good performance for night drives and plan to keep the look like the factory projectors.

Else just need a good vendor to fit it.

Thanks!

Last edited by drhoneycake : 18th August 2015 at 11:22.
Old 18th August 2015, 11:25   #9227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
I bought P8 HID for the XUV 500. They look amazing in the night with the led eyebrows. Had used cheaper Chinese HID in my swift and was totally unsatisfied.
Can you post the night time view of the light spread?
Currently i am having 55W fast bright ballast with 4300K HID bulbs for Low Beam. i did posted the pics in this thread earlier. After using for almost an year i feel brightness is reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Any specific reason to go for HID? Else go for led, there are lot of options. In hid there is pro-comp 8" hid usually landed cost in India is 16 to 20k from amazon.
LED are too expensive, costing nearly 1Lakh for a pair (EX: ARB LED Auxilary lights).
Old 18th August 2015, 11:53   #9228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Rakesh

I am Not looking for HID bulbs being used as replacement bulbs in existing lamps. I am asking about lamps with HID bulbs as a set from the manufacturer.

Reason: like in your case, the reflector was not designed for HID and hence the glare.
Yes the reflector was not designed for the HID. Hella does have the zenon and LED series but it's too much expensive and way out of my budget.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 12:00   #9229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Can anybody here recommend a good place in Bengaluru to retrofit projector headlights for my 2014 Verna ???

I am planning to go for the "Morimoto Mini H1 6.0" projectors with H4/9003 4500K HID Lamps

I need to buy them, either from local market or importing after reviewing the cost online ($270 for the complete kit + $53 for shipping).

If I get it in a resonable price tag, plan to buy and fix it all at a single place.

Nothing much of a bling. I just need good performance for night drives and plan to keep the look like the factory projectors.

Thanks!

Hi,
Go for projector retrofit only if your Verna has double barrel lamps, i.e, separate bulbs for high and lo beams.
Morimotos are not really very effective for distance lighting, are ok for low beam usage.
Earlier i had the morimoto version. Replaced them with http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...263520407.html

The difference is huge.

Rgds
Old 18th August 2015, 12:52   #9230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi Soumen,
Please do share some pictures of xtremevision 130%.
I am also planning to upgrade my duster's High beams. Currently my low beam is Osram HIDs (4300K).
It’s performing exceptionally well, except for heavy rains.
Hi divyankar I am yet to receive the product seems to be stuck in Delhi from Friday , not sure whom to contact for the same . I will update the pictures once I get the product and install the same .
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 18:38   #9231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Hi,

Go for projector retrofit only if your Verna has double barrel lamps, i.e, separate bulbs for high and lo beams.

Morimotos are not really very effective for distance lighting, are ok for low beam usage.

Earlier i had the morimoto version. Replaced them with http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...263520407.html

The difference is huge.

Rgds

Hey thank you so much Vineet.

Anyways. I'm not technically well versed with car lighting, so let me try to answer your queries.

So, just looked into my car's headlights and it seems to have one single bulb for both high and low beams. There seems to be one more small bulb, don't know what that's there for ?!?!

Just looked into the link you posted ??? Doesn't quite specify if the ballasts and shrouds etc are all supplied ??? Also can I integrate a DRL into my headlights like the factory ones ???

Any place in Bengaluru that does these retrofits. I'm not familiar with these.

Regards,
Aniketh.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 18th August 2015, 18:54   #9232
BANNED

Quote:
So, just looked into my car's headlights and it seems to have one single bulb for both high and low beams. There seems to be one more small bulb, don't know what that's there for ?!?!
The headlight type on your car is H4 which is dual filament in the same bulb (60/55W H4 P43t base).

The small bulb below is parking lamp mostly w5w or T10
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:08   #9233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Anyways. I'm not technically well versed with car lighting, so let me try to answer your queries.

Just looked into the link you posted ??? Doesn't quite specify if the ballasts and shrouds etc are all supplied ??? Also can I integrate a DRL into my headlights like the factory ones ???

Regards,
Aniketh.

You'd be better off with sealed full headlight units, rather than go for a retrofit especially since you're not mechanically inclined.
SOmething like this:
http://www.performancezoneindia.com/...eadlights.html
(Not from these guys, though. Look up a reliable local guy.)
If you really want to go for morimoto, then look up "verna morimoto" in the search box. Someone from delhi had got it done.

I would suggest, emphatically, to get a full unit. In case it doesn't work out, you have your regular headlights to go back to.

PS: Doesn't the new Verna come with Projectors?
If so, then nothing compares to that.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:41   #9234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Morimoto has official distributors in India. Search for Morimoto India in Facebook. Currently they are also running a discount of 15%.

You can contact them and check the authorized fitment center in Bangalore. They will do all the work for you.
Old 19th August 2015, 11:46   #9235
BHPian

Hi While hunting for an upgrade of Bulbs for my EcoSport, my co-brother has asked me to help him on the same with his Renault Duster.

I am getting a 100/90W H$ with Relay Wire/Harness.

Can someone help me with the Duster.

What is the type of bulb on Duster? Is it H7?

Assume it currently runs on some 60/55W. Can I upgrade the bulbs the same way into some good 100/90W for both High and Lo?

What are the options available on the same 100W for Duster?

Thanks so much.
Old 20th August 2015, 06:05   #9236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The wiring kits available for H1 H7 are terrible in the market. I had a roots H1 H7 wiring kit in my old car which kept on giving me problems including finnicky wires, melted fuses and burnt ceramic holders. Apart from roots, only local brand ones are available.

So this time I made my own
An update about the DIY headlight Relay. Its working beautifully! I've driven through slush and heavy rains and not once has the lights flickered or fuse blown.

I'm using Hella H7 100W for low beam and Philips H1 100W for high beam.

Below photo shows you how its fixed on the car. Drilled a hole on the headlight assy, passed the wires then sealed the hole using hot glue. No moisture can enter the headlights now and no problems of finnicky wires passed through bulb covers.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_12314801.jpg

All leads heatshrinked

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150809_08352601.jpg

Low Beam

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150818_21402701.jpg

High beam

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150818_21403401.jpg

Night pictures from camera do no justice to the awesomeness of these lights not to mention the satisfaction of having done a successful DIY!

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 20th August 2015 at 06:11. Reason: Typos
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 08:14   #9237
BHPian

I have stock headlights on my OHC (1st gen Honda City). I want to do a simple bulb swap that doesn't require extra fuses/wiring/relays etc.

They replacements should be white light, brighter, and should not damage the headlight enclosures because of too much heat. Please suggest
Old 20th August 2015, 08:27   #9238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I have stock headlights on my OHC (1st gen Honda City). I want to do a simple bulb swap that doesn't require extra fuses/wiring/relays etc.

They replacements should be white light, brighter, and should not damage the headlight enclosures because of too much heat. Please suggest
May be you can go for Philips extended vision (60/55 W) same as those of the stock bulbs. My friend installed them on his Ford Ikon. But they dont throw white light. The cost of the pair is about Rs1300-1400.
Another friend of mine installed these bulbs in his Alto and he said that there is not much improvement in brightness.
Old 20th August 2015, 23:29   #9239
BHPian

I have a pair of non-branded 4300k HIDs installed on the stock location of foglamps. Headlamps are stock. This setup is doing duty since the last 1.5 years.

I am facing battery draining issues since the last month. I was earlier running on analogue ballasts for the HID and decided to shift to digital slim ballasts but the battery drain issue still existed.

I am looking for a solution to this as I use the car at night a lot and in rains, HIDs fail miserably. What can be the cause of the battery drain (i.e. I am not able to operate power windows if I had used HIDs the night before) and what are the options for upgrade (shift from HID to Halogens) considering the requirements -

1. Better light throw (I need more distance lighting)
2. Brighter light (Brighter in the sense, more intensity)
3. To be fixed in the stock location (Not looking for Aux lamps or anything that alters the stock look)

PS. Car in question is a Swift LDi.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:52   #9240
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Aniketh.

Hi Aniketh,

I know the difference because i have used both. If you have a single barrel headlamp (same bulb for hi/lo, i would suggest that you do not use the mini H1, as they have very poor long distance throw.

The ones i have referred to have excellent high beam and great for distance lighting. Also, the overall brightness and quality of the projector themselves are miles ahead. I was earlier using the Genome group Mini H1 3.0 inch projectors.

The link does not include ballast and wiring or shrouds. Do make sure you order good quality ballasts (should be AC, not DC) along with the wiring kit. Alternatively, you can buy the Ballasts and wiring harness locally from a good quality vendor, but buy the projector, shrouds and bulbs from there. But it could be a hassle, with long shipping times, customs and duties etc.

I dont know if there is a supplier for this kind of projectors in India.

I am from Delhi, so can't comment on any retrofitting service.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks