Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 21:15   #9286
BHPian

Query - How can one adjust foglamp alignment (vertical)?

Recently I removed my front bumper and saw a rotary knob connected with the foglamp, I twisted it a bit but couldn't make out for what it really was. Now after 2 days, I feel the output of one of my HIDs feels titled upwards. I assume this is because of the adjustment I did with that knob. If yes, I would align both the fogs to the lowest possible setting.

Anyone who has done alignment of the foglamps or has seen the process can confirm.
Old 14th September 2015, 23:37   #9287
BHPian

Has anyone been able to source genuine Osram 65w Rallye, if yes please share.
Old 15th September 2015, 10:49   #9288
BHPian

Re: 100/90 Hella for swift VDi in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
You may check in Konark accessories shop on jayanagar east end main Road. they have good collection and good staff for installation. Reasonable Pricing.
Would he be carrying genuine spares? I spoke to the guy on the phone, and he has stocks of Hella 130/100 Kit and also Hella 100/90 headlights.

Meanwhile, our Mandovi electrician has offered his services with MICO Super kit(130/100) and Hella 100/90 headlights for 1550/-(Including Installation). Is this a good deal? He does NOT have Hella kit. I had NOT heard of MICO Super. Has anyone here used the same, If so how is the quality of this setup?

Please advise.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:05   #9289
BHPian

A small update on my 100/90W bulb installation on my Swift. I hardly get the time to drive and finally drove after about three weeks. Am using Osram Rallye 100/90W with a Philips harness. The bulbs are of good build quality and can be considered as an alternative to Philips Rally provided you buy the German made ones. Performance is as good as Philips but anyone else who has compared the two should also comment. Bought a pair from ebay for Rs 430+40 for shipping. Got a free car mobile charger with it. The seller was really quick to dispatch the bulbs. Keeping the Philips as spare.

On a side note I hope to complete the HID retrofit on my Duke very soon. In the meantime I have zip tied a Hella 60mm low beam module with HID bulb to the fork for illumination duties. Very impressed by its performance. Final product will not be as good because the lens of that projector is only 1.8 to 2 inches in diameter.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:57   #9290
BHPian

Hello BHPians, I am interested in doing a fog light upgrade for my i20. The OEM bulbs are 26W H27 Phillips bulbs , made in Germany. I enquired at local shops and they say there is no upgrade for H27 bulbs.

It's going to be a DIY mod. I don't want to use any cut-out harness etc.
I require bulbs that will work with the stock harness. I am attaching the pics of the bulbs after I removed them.
Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1442305589825.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1442305604876.jpg  

Old 15th September 2015, 14:09   #9291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
I enquired at local shops and they say there is no upgrade for H27 bulbs.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...1_5_4,201409_5
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:22   #9292
BHPian

Quote:
I am attaching the pics of the bulbs after I removed them.
You should not be touching the glass part of those bulbs. Halogen bulbs are not made from common glass but from a more temperature resistant quartz-type glass. That is because a halogen bulb reaches much higher temperatures than a "common" bulb would. If you touch this quartz type glass, some of the fat and protein from your fingers will stick on it, and start to etch it at this high temperatures. This causes weak spots and eventually a shorter lifetime for the bulb.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:54   #9293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
You should not be touching the glass part of those bulbs. Halogen bulbs are not made from common glass but from a more temperature resistant quartz-type glass. That is because a halogen bulb reaches much higher temperatures than a "common" bulb would. If you touch this quartz type glass, some of the fat and protein from your fingers will stick on it, and start to etch it at this high temperatures. This causes weak spots and eventually a shorter lifetime for the bulb.
I cleaned the surface with alcohol pads before reinserting them back! Although one of the bulbs is burnt out hence the need for the upgrade!

I always knew touching the glass reduced the lifespan of the bulbs but didn't know the technical details! Thanks for the details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks! I don't want LEDs! I need the regular yellow bulbs since they cut through fog better!
Thanks again for taking the time out to look!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2015 at 15:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 16th September 2015, 21:38   #9294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I don't want LEDs! I need the regular yellow bulbs since they cut through fog better!
You can look to replace the lamp itself so that you can use a H7 or similar bulb. The mounting points would most likely be different, so you would need to figure out how best to mount it.
Old 17th September 2015, 00:21   #9295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You can look to replace the lamp itself so that you can use a H7 or similar bulb. The mounting points would most likely be different, so you would need to figure out how best to mount it.
That's a good idea ! Let me hunt around and see what's compatible with the existing wiring and the light housing.
Thanks!!
Old 18th September 2015, 23:24   #9296
BHPian

Re: 100/90 Hella for swift VDi in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Meanwhile, our Mandovi electrician has offered his services with MICO Super kit(130/100) and Hella 100/90 headlights for 1550/-(Including Installation). Is this a good deal?

He does NOT have Hella kit. I had NOT heard of MICO Super. Has anyone here used the same, If so how is the quality of this setup?

Please advise.
Any help here? I would like to get this done, this weekend. I have NOT heard of MICO Super. I prefer the Mandovi electrician, as he is company trained. But he comes with his own recommended set of harness/kit and headlights.

Also, what would be the recommended upgrade of headlights for Alto. I might get this work also done along with the swift. Can it also hold a 100/90 headlight setup? Please advise.
Old 19th September 2015, 00:04   #9297
BHPian

Quote:
Any help here? I would like to get this done, this weekend. I have NOT heard of MICO Super. I prefer the Mandovi electrician, as he is company trained. But he comes with his own recommended set of harness/kit and headlights.

Also, what would be the recommended upgrade of headlights for Alto. I might get this work also done along with the swift. Can it also hold a 100/90 headlight setup? Please advise.
I am not sure if this is the same Mico that makes spark plugs. If it is, it can't be too bad. Best would be to source a Hella kit or Philips if the former isn't available. I bought and installed a Philips harness myself in my Swift petrol. No problems observed. Quick and easy DIY install. Only locating the points to anchor the harness took time. Main thing is that the wiring quality should be good and the relay should be robust. If you had the time, you could have sourced the Hella harness online. Maybe you could buy the harness elsewhere and ask your electrician to install it.

By the way, many people here have installed these 100/90W kits in their Swift's. That's why I did too.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 00:26   #9298
BANNED

Quote:
This is the kit that I am using in my Swift ZDi :

Philips Rally 12V 100/90W P43t

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00JGN7RRG/..._UYf.vb50YJQKY

Hella - Lighting Harness For H-4 Bulb (upto 130W)

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/Hella+...re&viewinapp=1

This is a DIY and would take 15-20 minutes and is reversible. I am happy with this install and have done more than 15K kms with no issues whatsoever. No headlight fading too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th September 2015 at 00:27.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 21:27   #9299
BHPian

I searched the forum a lot to figure out a best dealer in Bangalore who sells headlamps and installs the same - want to go for 90/100W with wiring harness for my Punto. Or a DIY will be sufficient? Any suggestions/recommendations on dealers?
Old 21st September 2015, 19:29   #9300
BHPian

Quote:
I searched the forum a lot to figure out a best dealer in Bangalore who sells headlamps and installs the same - want to go for 90/100W with wiring harness for my Punto. Or a DIY will be sufficient? Any suggestions/recommendations on dealers?
Vinay,even i am also looking for upgrading my Punto Evo 1.2 headlamps. Not sure if i need a extra kit to use 90/100w.

I searched around and found this: http://epitstop.in/Rally-Upgrades/Bu...id-205005.html

what do you think?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks