Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 07:18   #976
BHPian

Guys i also have narva in my civic in high beam and hid 6000k on low beam and blue led in parking light all that got fitted from sainath auto, well its my friends store and he is reliable, he will not give wrong advice just to earn some bucks...the xenons are awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im using narva on my car and theyre extremely bright. now i dont know what high beam thing your shopkeeper is talking about but why not ask him to give you a demo and then choose which bulbs you like the most.
Old 16th October 2007, 17:58   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
so my hunt for better lighting started and i can say have fairly succeded also over the weekend.

iKON 2000 model and the lighting could have been termed 'bad' which i finally managed to realize with a bent rim on the way back from mysore to bangalore couple of months back, so the idea was running in my head and 2 weeks back went searching for a set of additional lights.
Hi Jaggu,

sorry to bring up this old thread, as I am a Newbie and also from Bangalore + currently Drive my iKON 2000 model with stock lights would like to which shop did you go in JC Road and if you could remember the person with whom I should contact, it would be of great help.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:56   #978
Senior - BHPian

Taking a cue from babhishek's post above, what would be a good upgrade to the Swift's fog lamps? These are H8 halogens, right?
The stock ones have no effect, and I am in desparate need of some better lighting on our cratered roads. I don't need any cosmetic lights, just solid driving lights.

On another note, the Philips Xtreme Power (+80) headlamps are working ok. Not a huge improvement, but definitely better than OE. I've had to do some major tinkering with the headlight aiming screws to make the beam fall on the right spot. To be honest, I don't think the Lancer has very good reflectors...
Old 16th October 2007, 20:02   #979
Senior - BHPian

Need Gud Quality Fog Lamps for Safari 3.0L

hi all

i was thinking of fitting new Fog lamps on my safari as the old ones are very desi and they dont have much light

i will be happy if someone can suggest me the place from where i can buy clear lens fog lamps i.e. brands,prices

also,the safari fog lamps look the ones used by TATA in Indica too (please confirm)

i have been quoted 3.5 K by the TATA dealer for the same.(Lumax)

main reason for this upgrade is to have better fog lamps before winters and they shd match the main light too.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 16th October 2007 at 20:03. Reason: spelling mist
Old 16th October 2007, 22:24   #980
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
Hi Jaggu,

sorry to bring up this old thread, as I am a Newbie and also from Bangalore + currently Drive my iKON 2000 model with stock lights would like to which shop did you go in JC Road and if you could remember the person with whom I should contact, it would be of great help.
dont remember the exact shop or name, i was just a walk in customer, shop is bang opp the pay n park building there and while facing the shop it has a goodyear tyre shop onto its left i guess.
Old 17th October 2007, 17:29   #981
Senior - BHPian

Please help guys

Old 18th October 2007, 19:33   #982
BHPian

Hi just wanted some help to figure this out. I intend to install a single ( Rectangle shape) sleek type Yellow Halogen lamp in my XETA.

I already have OEM Foglamps,but the need is that I drive late usually and Fog build up has already begun in NCR.

What I need to know, is that What company I should buy or what wattage-since the purpose is not to light the road,but to cut through and mark my approach to other oncoming cars.

Does the setup need a relay, Since I am intending to install a seprate OEM Type switch and wire drawing power from the Battery.

What would be approximate cost for a Single Lamp, I had bought a similar setup 7-8 years back for installation on my KB100 bike was some chinese company at 300 or so...Would it be different now or is the price range same.

Thanks
Old 18th October 2007, 19:45   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Hi just wanted some help to figure this out. I intend to install a single ( Rectangle shape) sleek type Yellow Halogen lamp in my XETA.

I already have OEM Foglamps,but the need is that I drive late usually and Fog build up has already begun in NCR.
I guess the OEM fog lamps are more than enough for the kind of fog that we get in NCR, except for peak in Dec end and early Jan, which is still manageable.

More importantly if there is a fog, to reduce the visibility to lowest, I suggest postpone the drive.

If you still looking for it, try to search for something from PIAA, like PIAA
Old 18th October 2007, 19:48   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
hi all

i was thinking of fitting new Fog lamps on my safari as the old ones are very desi and they dont have much light

i will be happy if someone can suggest me the place from where i can buy clear lens fog lamps i.e. brands,prices

also,the safari fog lamps look the ones used by TATA in Indica too (please confirm)

i have been quoted 3.5 K by the TATA dealer for the same.(Lumax)

main reason for this upgrade is to have better fog lamps before winters and they shd match the main light too.

Thanks in advance.
Get an extra pair of lamps, like search light, they will look good on the beast too. I have driven with PIAA set of lamps, and they are really good in fogs. They can be installed on bull bar. And you safari has very nice bull bar, rightly placed for these lamps

Last edited by rkbharat : 18th October 2007 at 19:50.
Old 18th October 2007, 21:46   #985
BHPian

Thanks Bharat, Could someone tell me the exact location of Kashmiri Gate market or someplace else I can find the Lamp/OEM Type Indica Switch/Relay.
Old 19th October 2007, 06:32   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Thanks Bharat, Could someone tell me the exact location of Kashmiri Gate market or someplace else I can find the Lamp/OEM Type Indica Switch/Relay.
kashmiri gate market is very easy to reach. Its in thee old delhi area near the ISBT ( iInter State Bus Terminal)
the best option that I would advise you is to either Take an auto from where u stay as to find parking is Kashmiri Gate will be difficult, alternatively what you could do is Drive ur car to the nearest Metro station and take to metro from there. it has a station in Kashmiri Gate . When u get down there ask for the car market quite easy
Old 19th October 2007, 09:13   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Get an extra pair of lamps, like search light, they will look good on the beast too. I have driven with PIAA set of lamps, and they are really good in fogs. They can be installed on bull bar. And you safari has very nice bull bar, rightly placed for these lamps

you are absolutely right RKBHARAT,but somehow i dont like that heavy bullbar and was thinking of getting rid of it.

to make up for the low light of OEM bulbs,i was thinking of upgrading the headlight lamps to Osram silverstar and placing some nice fog lamps matching the light of headlights.

anyways,thanks a lot for suggestion,will surely give it a try.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:26   #988
Senior - BHPian

guys,can anyone point me to Lumax dealer in delhi ?
Old 21st October 2007, 19:57   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Taking a cue from babhishek's post above, what would be a good upgrade to the Swift's fog lamps? These are H8 halogens, right?
The stock ones have no effect, and I am in desparate need of some better lighting on our cratered roads. I don't need any cosmetic lights, just solid driving lights.
Swift fog lamps have 12V, 55W H11 bulbs.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:19   #990
BHPian

I don't know what happned to my query put late night yesterday :-(.

any ways, here it comes again: after going through the compelte thread, I have narrowed to the following:

Will first try Osram Silverstar 60/55 (50+) on my ford 2000 which is still running on stocks bulb.

If the lighting is not satifised, I would like to go with Hanolux 100/90 with 60+ along with right wiring kit etc.

If the later one is fine, then I would like to replace bulbs (Philips 60/55) of my new 3.0 Safari to Osram Silverstar ...

Please advise if my decision is correct, if yes, where can I get the Halonux in Bangalore

Most Viewed