Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 04:30   #9886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Check this thread fiat-linea-projector-headlights. Hope this is what you want; but be aware that it will cost you a bomb. Check this site to get an idea theretrofitsource.com
Thanks Sommos. Being a faint-hearted guy, I am definitely not game for this. Called Vinayak Skoda in Bangalore. They quoted an ungodly amount of 25 k for normal and 30 k for smoked projectors. And, these are Genome projectors which are available on Genome site for 17 k. So, Skoda is literally a rip-off . And, based on what I heard, Genome is as good as any Chinese after market stuff. While Xenon planet guys gave me a 25 k quote for fxr projector, slim AC ballasts, cnLight bulbs plus other needed stuff - way better then Genomes. Now, this is making me think all over again. All I need is better light so the first step I might do is to get my headlights checked for alignment. Can someone help me with a good headlight alignment guy in BLR so I can get this checked first? Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I would like to upgrade my dual barrel headlight setup of my VW POLO. I simple want to have a plug and play kind of upgrade without any wiring changes.
Please advice on products available in the market which would suit my needs.
If I understand you correctly, are you saying that you want better light from your stock halogen projectors with just plug and play? Assuming that you have stock bulbs, did you evaluate either extreme vision 55/60 (Osram/Philips produsts) or much higher 90/100 w bulb models as possible options. I use 90/100 rally bulbs on stock halogen setup of my rapid (no halogen projectors). Maybe, need to check if any of our members tried rally bulbs on the halogen projectors?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th May 2016 at 09:15. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 24th May 2016, 09:54   #9887
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I would like to upgrade my dual barrel headlight setup of my VW POLO. I simple want to have a plug and play kind of upgrade without any wiring changes.
Please advice on products available in the market which would suit my needs.
If you want only plug and play the only option is to replace the stock bulbs with Osram NB+ or Philips Xtreme Vision, the improvement will be say about 30% over the stock bulbs. Use only 4300K bulbs.

I am using the Osram NB+ in both high and low beam for three and a half years. It is certainly not the best setup but is sufficient for city and highway drives. Best setup would be HID with projectors in the low beam and Philips/ Osram in the high beam, but that would cost you around 25K and should be done from a good installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibi6613 View Post
Hi everyone!
I am a new driver and I just had an opportunity to drive 100+ km during night in our 2010 Ritz VXi. The stock headlamps are unbearable. You can even turn off the lights and notice no major change. I really want to upgrade but I am new to this modification stuff. The only thing we upgraded was the ICE (it actually came with no ICE). So I want to know about the possible options and would like to know about the different terms related to the upgrade like relay, wiring harness, and other things that I should actually know about and consider before buying.
Thanks in advance
The easiest option is what I said to @redcruiser.
Since you have a H4 bulb in the Ritz and a bigger reflector, you may go for 100/90 Philips or Hella bulb with complete seperate wiring (including relay) to handle the increased load factor. But I must tell you that this may, in the long run, damage your relector due to the excess heat, that is a risk that you need to evaluate and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
While Xenon planet guys gave me a 25 k quote for fxr projector, slim AC ballasts, cnLight bulbs plus other needed stuff - way better then Genomes. Now, this is making me think all over again. All I need is better light so the first step I might do is to get my headlights checked for alignment. Can someone help me with a good headlight alignment guy in BLR so I can get this checked first? Many thanks!
FXR is a big projector and may require cutting your stock reflector, so be aware.

Last edited by Sommos : 24th May 2016 at 10:02.
Old 24th May 2016, 15:18   #9888
BHPian

I have also been considering aux lights as an option given my budget. There are lots of options form hella neolite etc.. Given that skoda rapid lacks a proper low beam can I go with aux lights. If so what are my light as well as fitment options. Obviously, the lights have to be fitted to metal and not plastic. Please advise.

Quote:
FXR is a big projector and may require cutting your stock reflector, so be aware.
Thank you Sommos for this enlightenment.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th May 2016 at 17:28. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use the multiquote option to reply everyone at one go. Posts merged.
Old 24th May 2016, 17:01   #9889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
I have also been considering aux lights as an option given my budget. There are lots of options form hella neolite etc.. Given that skoda rapid lacks a proper low beam can I go with aux lights. If so what are my light as well as fitment options. Obviously, the lights have to be fitted to metal and not plastic. Please advise.
There is already a thread on Auxilliary lights, check it here -
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 17:32   #9890
BHPian

What type of bulb used in Honda Brio headlight, is it H4? Seems everyone suggesting Philips XtremeVision 65/55 3500K. Any other equivalent or better one? Is there any LED equivalent for this?

I do not prefer white light, need that yellow component, may help in rain or fog. Also do not prefer relay setup, so do not want to go beyond the original headlamp wattage.
Old 24th May 2016, 18:05   #9891
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
What type of bulb used in Honda Brio headlight, is it H4? Seems everyone suggesting Philips XtremeVision 65/55 3500K. Any other equivalent or better one? Is there any LED equivalent for this?
Yes Honda Brio being a single reflector unit, it is a H4 bulb.

Get Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W) and replace or else get Philips Rally (100/90W) with wiring harness - A plug and play type without splicing or touching OE wiring.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 05:21   #9892
BHPian

Quote:
There is already a thread on Auxilliary lights, check it here -
Thank you, I will look up there.
Old 30th May 2016, 12:12   #9893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes Honda Brio being a single reflector unit, it is a H4 bulb.

Get Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W) and replace or else get Philips Rally (100/90W) with wiring harness - A plug and play type without splicing or touching OE wiring.
Thanks anurag, will Xtreme Vision plus too will work without making any wiring changes?
Old 30th May 2016, 12:20   #9894
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

Thanks anurag, will Xtreme Vision plus too will work without making any wiring changes?
Yes. It'll work. Since it is OEM specifications no wiring change. Just plug and play.
Old 2nd June 2016, 09:33   #9895
BHPian

Has anyone used or knows about the performance and life of Bosch Gigalight Plus 120 and Ring Xenon Ultima 120%, which seem to be just like Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision +130%?

I did read about Ring Xenon Ultima 120% being claimed as the best halogen bulbs used, by one person, on an international forum, who touted them as being better than Osram NBU. I would love to hear more about it, if anyone has used it, or Bosch's bulbs.

Ring XenonUltima 120%: http://www.ringautomotive.com/uk/pro...nUltima/RW1272
Bosch Gigalight Plus 120: http://de.bosch-automotive.com/en/pa...20plus90plus50

Last edited by halfbytecode : 2nd June 2016 at 09:38.
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:17   #9896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Has anyone used or knows about the performance and life of Bosch Gigalight Plus 120 and Ring Xenon Ultima 120%, which seem to be just like Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision +130%?
Where did you find these ? Ring looks to be UK. How about these Bosch ?
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:18   #9897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did read about Ring Xenon Ultima 120% being claimed as the best halogen bulbs used, by one person, on an international forum, who touted them as being better than Osram NBU. I would love to hear more about it, if anyone has used it, or Bosch's bulbs.

Ring XenonUltima 120%: http://www.ringautomotive.com/uk/pro...nUltima/RW1272
Bosch Gigalight Plus 120: http://de.bosch-automotive.com/en/pa...20plus90plus50
I have tried Ring Xenon Ultima 120% on my Grand i10 diesel, and they were wonderful.
Having tried Osram H4 55/60W, Philips Rally H4 90/100W, Osram H4 90/100W and Philips Xtreme Vision+ H4 55/60W bulbs, for sheer light throw intensity, Philips Rally 90/100W is good.
However, for just plug and play H4 55/60W bulbs, Ring Ultima 120% is the best. Even in Grand i10 the light throw specially in high beam was excellent. Much better than expected. Worth the asking price.
Unfortunately, the bulb went with Grand i10 which I exchanged for Swift. My Swift has Philips Xtreme Vision+ 55/60W. Tried Philips Rally 90/100W but they turned out to be weird and focusing was never correct. Installed Osram 90/100W then and they were good. However I reverted back to Philips Xtreme Vision+ and they are serving me fine.

Edit : TBHP member Altocumulus had installed the bulbs in his Ritz. You can refer his thread too.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd June 2016 at 10:22.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:06   #9898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I have tried Ring Xenon Ultima 120% on my Grand i10 diesel, and they were wonderful.
Having tried Osram H4 55/60W, Philips Rally H4 90/100W, Osram H4 90/100W and Philips Xtreme Vision+ H4 55/60W bulbs, for sheer light throw intensity, Philips Rally 90/100W is good.
However, for just plug and play H4 55/60W bulbs, Ring Ultima 120% is the best. Even in Grand i10 the light throw specially in high beam was excellent. Much better than expected. Worth the asking price.
Unfortunately, the bulb went with Grand i10 which I exchanged for Swift. My Swift has Philips Xtreme Vision+ 55/60W. Tried Philips Rally 90/100W but they turned out to be weird and focusing was never correct. Installed Osram 90/100W then and they were good. However I reverted back to Philips Xtreme Vision+ and they are serving me fine.

Edit : TBHP member Altocumulus had installed the bulbs in his Ritz. You can refer his thread too.
Did you buy the Ring XenonUltima in India? If so, could you tell me where you bought them from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I came across these while researching on Night Breaker Unlimited. Bosch Gigalights seem to be available in India online, but they actually seem to have poor life, as per international users, blowing within a few weeks to a few months of usage.
halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:15   #9899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ring Ultra Xenon and Xenon Ultima H4 and H7 are available via ePitstop. Not sure about Bosch.

Link to the product:
http://www.epitstop.in/Car-Lighting/...id-961558.html
http://www.epitstop.in/Upgrades/Ring...id-944795.html

BTW, I'll soon share the feedback on Philips Ultinon H4 LED I bought. I had to replace the RHS headlight of my new Honda Jazz and turned out the reflector inside the new one had some manufacturing defect. I explained the situation to Honda and they made a report and sent it to the area manager who later approved it. They have now ordered the part and I should get it replaced over the weekend. Will install the LED's in the new headlight and will share my feedback on them along with pictures.

Last edited by k.sumit : 2nd June 2016 at 20:38.
Old 2nd June 2016, 22:53   #9900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy the Ring XenonUltima in India? If so, could you tell me where you bought them from?
I got them from Flipkart. The first set had an issue and performed as if they are fake. Had to return them and got another set, they were fantastic.

Here is the flipkart link : http://www.flipkart.com/ring-xenon-h...UE3JQDRMGZJHBK

This particular product is most of the time out of stock at Flipkart. Try to look around if somebody from Ebay UK ships to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks