Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 10:54   #9946
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Any knowledgeable shop for checking out lights and related fitment in Pune?
Old 30th June 2016, 14:05   #9947
BHPian

Alert !!

Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs dont go with the projecor lights that Hyundai has on the new Verna. I bought these at Rs 2400, a pair, from Powerbulbs.uk based on recommendations; only to realize that projectors have a different holder type.

Has anyone tried upgrading the OEM projector headlamps on Verna or Elite i20? Verna definitely has pathetic lighting on OEM set-up
Old 30th June 2016, 14:08   #9948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No relay needed.
If you are doing the mod for better light, go for Vision+. Crystal vision is geared more towards show off.
Hello tsk1979 sir.

Could you please advise me on upgrading the current headlamps on 2015 storme,

Head Lamp High Beam = H7 12volts 55Watts

Head Lamp Low Beam = H7 12volts 55Watts

Front Fog Lamp = H3 12volts 55Watts

my preference is Halogen only. No fancy white/blue lights which irritate and blind on comers.

I am confused as to how to upgrade the bulbs without warranty void.
Old 30th June 2016, 14:30   #9949
BANNED

I have been using Osram Night Breaker Plus for the past three years with excellent results. Now they have NB Ultimate as well as Philips have an equivalent. If you have a halogen then for the same wattage to get more light you have to run the filament hotter (simple Physics) which will increase the color temperature, ie make the light a bit bluer.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 14:52   #9950
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
Hello tsk1979 sir.

Could you please advise me on upgrading the current headlamps on 2015 storme,

Head Lamp High Beam = H7 12volts 55Watts

Head Lamp Low Beam = H7 12volts 55Watts

Front Fog Lamp = H3 12volts 55Watts

my preference is Halogen only. No fancy white/blue lights which irritate and blind on comers.

I am confused as to how to upgrade the bulbs without warranty void.
Stick to same. No need to upgrade. You can go for Osram Nightbreaker in same wattage for slightly brighter light, but the difference will be about 5-10% max
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 15:01   #9951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Stick to same. No need to upgrade. You can go for Osram Nightbreaker in same wattage for slightly brighter light, but the difference will be about 5-10% max
That's all?

how to get a more longer and wider throw, please. How come the phillips night vision says +130% more light. will that help et all.
Old 30th June 2016, 15:37   #9952
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
how to get a more longer and wider throw, please. How come the phillips night vision says +130% more light. will that help et all.
To be realistic expect about 30% more light max. Unless you increase the wattage or change the technology (HID or LED) you cannot get more than that.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 15:59   #9953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
I bought Philips X-treme Ultinon H4 LED for my VW Vento two months back. I should say...it was a bad idea and waste of money, bought for 11.5K from a popular car accessories store in EOK Delhi. Its only good for stunning looks when lit-up. I drove my car to Aligarh to see a friend same evening of installation and it rained that night...the performance was poor, road was barely visible only few of visible light with lot of dark spots. Spread and intensity of light on road is non-existing and very poor. Its not 150% as advertised, but -50% from your halogen bulb performance. Philips X-treme Ultinon are just approx 1000LM, there are many better options available. I returned the LEDs within two days of usage. Currently I'm using CREE XHP50 H4 LED rated at 72W and 12000LM combined of two lamps. Bought them for Rs.4500/- approx. with 3 years warranty, [applicable only in China :( ]. Light intensity is very good, at least 4X-6X better than Philips LEDs. Though I'm facing problem with the optimal position/adjustment of LEDs in headlamp for proper spread.

P.S.: I also bought two Philips X-treme Ultinon parking LEDs and they are pretty sweet. They looks awesome...bought them for Rs.1450/-
When you say LED for the headlamp, is it really LED ? I mean did you make any modifications in the Headlamp cluster to fit them because the OEM has halogens. Please clarify. Also, can you post some pics please ?

Thanks.
Old 30th June 2016, 19:48   #9954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Alert !!

Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs dont go with the projecor lights that Hyundai has on the new Verna. I bought these at Rs 2400, a pair, from Powerbulbs.uk based on recommendations; only to realize that projectors have a different holder type.

Has anyone tried upgrading the OEM projector headlamps on Verna or Elite i20? Verna definitely has pathetic lighting on OEM set-up

I own a Verna with the projectors (Dec 2014 model). It came with Sylvannia bulbs that are absolutely brilliant.

But the curiosity of trying something new lead me to try XtremeVision, Crystal Vision and Diamond Vision. I have no idea about the holder type your mentioning here, but from knowledge this projector headlight for the Verna takes HB3 (9005) type bulbs. If you've got the right type of bulb, there shouldn't be any issue.

XtremeVision - perfect upgrade from Stock, High throw is lacking I felt. Low beam is excellent

Crystal Vision - Looks brilliant from the outside, very poor road lighting. Low beam is ok, high beam is terrible and the 4300K colour has very poor intensity and pathetic penetration. So driving in fog and heavy rains is a no-no. You will be driving blind. City performance is adequate.

Diamond Vision - Only bling, no performance. Absolutely terrible set of bulbs. Poor low beam and non existent high beam, if there is fog or rain, better to park your car and take a cab.

After using it all, I have reverted back to the stock Sylvannias HB3, they are terrific. I had reflector headlights before which were horrible, but after getting the projectors they are just awesome. Road lighting is much better and has instilled more confidence in my night drives.

Looking to move towards HIDs shortly .

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 20:33   #9955
BHPian

Slightly off the thread.

Installed the Philips Extreme Vision Plus 60/55 on my RE Classic 350 a week before this years Ladakh Trip in pursuit of better brightness. The street performance was OK. But the battery died on my way to Jammy from Chandigarh. The water came out and rusted the battery cover. The ampmeter was trying to break through the rightmost reading.

Changed the battery, switched to the old Halonix 60/55 at Udhampur. Thinking of buying another one and installing on my Grand i10. Will update on the outcomes.
Old 1st July 2016, 11:52   #9956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
But the curiosity of trying something new lead me to try XtremeVision, Crystal Vision and Diamond Vision. I have no idea about the holder type your mentioning here, but from knowledge this projector headlight for the Verna takes HB3 (9005) type bulbs. If you've got the right type of bulb, there shouldn't be any issue.
Thats useful info Doc. I should check once again with some other mechanic. The earlier info was given by Hyundai ASS and they are not the most reliable people in such matters.
Old 1st July 2016, 11:56   #9957
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
The earlier info was given by Hyundai ASS and they are not the most reliable people in such matters.
Doesn't the owners manual contain the information?

Which holder type did you buy from PowerBulbs?
Old 1st July 2016, 19:42   #9958

Hello All,

Can anyone help me to buy original Philips Rally 100/90W H4 bulbs online for my SX4.
If you know a link where I can buy, then please do post the link or website.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Raj.
Old 1st July 2016, 20:56   #9959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Rs 4500 for a pair looks to be a good deal. Please post few pics of the package and view from drivers seat for low and high beams. Where did you buy it from?
I'll post the pics asap, slightly busy because of month end closing therefore delayed in posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
When you say LED for the headlamp, is it really LED ? I mean did you make any modifications in the Headlamp cluster to fit them because the OEM has halogens. Please clarify. Also, can you post some pics please ?

Thanks.
No modification is required. It has same structure as normal H4 halogen bulb, you just need to put it inside headlamp socket/holder and connect the led to electric plug via included driver/ballast. You can watch various videos available on YouTube for H4 led installation.
Old 2nd July 2016, 07:53   #9960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavakari View Post
Hello All,

Can anyone help me to buy original Philips Rally 100/90W H4 bulbs online for my SX4.
If you know a link where I can buy, then please do post the link or website.
Hi Try this http://www.epitstop.in/Rally-Upgrade...-id-84214.html

Do note these bulbs are not street legal

Most Viewed