Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2016, 17:27   #10156
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Hi! Everyone ,I own a Hyundai Creta SX+ AT.
I'm in mood of changing halogen bulbs of my car with HIDs, Can you clarify whether i have to use Can bus ballasts or non- can bus to avoid errors if any,
What wattage is to be preferred for main headlight projector hid 35w or 55w?
I will say go for Canbus (they are quite common, and not that expensive), and I will say 35W is adequate, but with 4300 or lower temperature. Also, if not there then get projectors. I will not bother too much about HiDs in a halogen projector.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th November 2016 at 07:36. Reason: Typos
Old 7th November 2016, 10:20   #10157
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, I have got the lighting upgrade for S-Cross and very much satisfied. I have got XP Micro projector from Xenon Planet and very impressed.

This is the output pic of my present high beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20161106wa0006.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-s-cross.html
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:36   #10158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Finally, I have got the lighting upgrade for S-Cross and very much satisfied. I have got XP Micro projector from Xenon Planet and very impressed.
-------SNIP---
Wow. that is an astounding amount of light.
Could you post some pics from nighttime on a lit street?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 12:37   #10159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Wow. that is an astounding amount of light.
Could you post some pics from nighttime on a lit street?
Thanks buddy!!

Please go through my thread. I have posted one low beam output pic on a lit street.
Old 11th November 2016, 16:40   #10160
BHPian

Dr. Naren, are your HL bulbs stock ? Which ones are you using if not ?
Old 11th November 2016, 23:27   #10161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Dr. Naren, are your HL bulbs stock ? Which ones are you using if not ?
I have S-Cross Alpha and it comes with stock bixenon projectors. But the output is just average. It has Philips D5S HID bulb and 25W ballast. XP Micro is mounted very low and still the high beam is much better than stock HL projectors.
Old 12th November 2016, 06:04   #10162
BHPian

Hi All

I own an Indica Vista VX 2011 model. The car has clocked 55000 kms on the odo. For past few days I have been looking for better H7 bulb for low beam. Currently I am using Stock bulbs but sometimes I feel that they are not sufficient. As a responsible citizen I drive with lights on low beam most of the times. I am looking for a normal 4300k bulb.
Products I am confused between are Osram Nightbreaker Plus http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P64210-Night-Breaker-Unlimited/dp/B00EPLCPRG/ref=sr_1_1/253-8145144-9714112?ie=UTF8&qid=1478910147&sr=8-1&keywords=osram+night+breaker+unlimited+h7 and Philips X-tremeVision http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12972XV...headlight-bulb
Please suggest.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:55   #10163
BHPian

@ Dr.Naren thanks for the info. Does Xenon planet do regular 90/100 cut off's ?

I would also like to know if the online portal epitstop.in sell genuine bulbs and relay kits and is a safe place to order ?
Old 12th November 2016, 13:29   #10164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Hi All

I own an Indica Vista VX 2011 model. The car has clocked 55000 kms on the odo. For past few days I have been looking for better H7 bulb for low beam. Currently I am using Stock bulbs but sometimes I feel that they are not sufficient. As a responsible citizen I drive with lights on low beam most of the times. I am looking for a normal 4300k bulb.
Products I am confused between are Osram Nightbreaker Plus
Please suggest.
I too had the Vista earlier and had updated the low and high beams with these bulbs. Trust me the difference in output is negligible and doesn't justify the cost all all. I would suggest you get Projectors + HID's, adjust them properly and you will have enough light on the road. Go for a good quality HID kit and get it done through a good installer.
Old 12th November 2016, 21:42   #10165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Hi All

Products I am confused between are Osram Nightbreaker Plus http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P64210-Ni...r+unlimited+h7 and Philips X-tremeVision http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12972XV...headlight-bulb
Please suggest.
I too own a Vista VX 2011 model with 65K on the odo. Vista has good stock headlight/reflectors. I find them insufficient only facing 100w high beams or Aux lights in the opposite direction.

I first upgraded all 4 lights to Philips X-treme vision, there was noticeable improvement in both the intensity and reach. However they conked out one after the other within a few months of usage.

I then moved on to 80W Philips Rallye, WITHOUT additional relays. Output was better than X-treme vision and this setup is going strong for the last 6 months.

Both the x-treme vision and Ralley are 4300k. I have now started experimenting with LED headlights for the high beams, wouldn't recommend them as yet!
Lord Lucan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 22:43   #10166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you share a few more pics of high & low beam throws? Also do share details on where you ordered them and how much did they cost for a pair.
I'm sorry I dont have more pictures. Couple of days later I took them off to install projectors.

Here's the link for these bulbs

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...608.0.0.tx6upt

PS: If anyone wants them, please PM me. Dont mind selling them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Hi, Do you think these Philips relay+wiring kits are genuine? The packing & lack of any warranty details makes me wary of its authenticity. What is your view?
The ones I got look good, My only worry were the font/print on the relay were smudgy and the wires lack any print/guage info etc.

I'm using one of them now, i'll update if things fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Although while installing I realised my passenger side reflector was drooping down, the screw holding it up as per headlamp adjuster level has fallen off. I need to open up the headlamps to fix it, I might as well put in projectors in them.
...and its done!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20161111-10.12.40-pm.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20161112-9.35.59-am.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20161112-7.27.52-pm.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20161112-7.28.17-pm.jpeg

Looks mean. Love it!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20161112_112325.jpg

CNLight 45W 4300K D2S bulbs
Hyluxtek 50W ballast
3 inch projectors

Fogs were converted to HID too!
CNLight 35W H3 bulbs
Hyluxtek 35W ballasts

Philips wiring kit, low beam stage powers the projectors and high beam stage powers the fog lamps. Purchased from amazon for 299
SunnyBoi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 19:34   #10167
BHPian

Guys, out of these two which one is better or are they equally good/worse?

Philips Xtreme Vision
http://www.amazon.in/Philips-12342XV...headlight+bulb

Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited
http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P64193-Ni...headlight+bulb

Looking to swap the stock H4 bulbs for my GT TSI.
Old 14th November 2016, 19:40   #10168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Guys, out of these two which one is better or are they equally good/worse?

Philips Xtreme Vision
http://www.amazon.in/Philips-12342XV...headlight+bulb

Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited
http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P64193-Ni...headlight+bulb

Both of them are Brothers from different mothers! Both have similar reviews - Pioneer Vs JVC for Audiophiles, Nikon vs Canon for Photographers .

I have had folks who haven't reported long life out of either XV or NB bulbs and the improvement is again not very prominent that you would make out the difference under normal driving circumstances.

If you scroll back on this thread, you will get all the answers and review points to make a decision.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 23:34   #10169
BHPian

Probably most of us Duster owners know the downside of buying a duster with the headlight assembly.

The issue here with duster is severe and I realized only after I bought the vehicle. Stock bulbs (H1 and H7) are Osrams 55W at low and High beams. They are insufficient .The headlight assembly is of a thinner plastic material and that can't take a 100W bulb or you can say good bye to the seal-beams.
The other option was to go for Bi-Xenon but what good are Bi-Xenon without a lens also the temperature issue persists and chances of a bent reflector always remains.
The advantage with the facelifted Duster was the high beam assembly was even smaller then the previous model and that meant less bleeding of photons. ( read less glare)

The solution was to have a something with higher lumen at a lower operating temperature. IT WAS LED TIME !

The installation was very straight forward, the drivers side gives you lots of space to work with, the passenger side, tight squeeze but manageable. Can be done without breaking a sweat.

Ordered them off Amazon. I am not a big fan to the fan types
They suck in dust and when the cooling system of those LEDs die ,the LEDs do flicker and eventually die. Moreover Duster has dust caps and I had no intentions of removing them.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_6929.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7488.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7489.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7490.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7493.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7499.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7500.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7501.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7503.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7494.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7496.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7894.jpg

Recently did Hyderabad-Sikkim-Hyderabad and drove at night with rain+fog and the LEDs held up very well throughout.
The LEDs were ON from 8pm to 7am, come to think of it the copper wings at the back could be held with bare hand, so was a very cool deal.
Please move the slider to 00:59 it was on the way from Temi Tea garden to Pelling.

To Spice things up a little more added 2 spotters.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7504.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7506.jpg

And the final product
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_7562.jpg

Last edited by ARAY : 17th November 2016 at 23:51.
ARAY is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 15:02   #10170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Have you checked the difference in light output after a bulb swap in another Polo?

If not, I would suggest you to check the actual difference once as I feel that it may not improve the visibility by a large margin.

If you want to improve visibility for night driving, a bi-xenon retrofit is the best option in my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks