Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 11:45   #11131
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I have the 2018 version of the Elite i20 (Asta)

It has normal halogen headlamps and I find them to be severely deficient. Moreover, I have weak eyesight ( -8.5) so I need a powerful headlamp.

Please suggest the best option with minimal modifications. HASS says any wiring cut will void the warranty.
Old 9th August 2018, 12:01   #11132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurbhageria View Post
I have the 2018 version of the Elite i20 (Asta)

It has normal halogen headlamps and I find them to be severely deficient. Moreover, I have weak eyesight ( -8.5) so I need a powerful headlamp.

Please suggest the best option with minimal modifications. HASS says any wiring cut will void the warranty.
If you have the reflector headlights, it takes an H4 bulb.
- you can upgrade to better halogen bulbs like Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker Laser
- you can upgrade to LED bulbs as well like Philips Xtreme Ultinon H4. Though this might throw a lot of glare and blind oncoming vehicles

If you have the projector setup, it takes an HB3 bulb.
- you can upgrade to better halogen bulb like the Philips Vision HIR1 bulb. You should see improvement
- since you have a projector setup, you could also put in a 4300K HID bulb.
Old 9th August 2018, 12:15   #11133
BHPian

Since the assembly is non-projector, I'll get the premium lighbulbs then.

Some people have complained about the beam spread of the LED lamps. Is that an issue?

And how much increase can I expect from let's say a Ultinon setup over Night breakers?
Old 10th August 2018, 06:58   #11134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
...Here's the output from my H4 LED lamps. These are 50W per set, i.e. 25W per bulb. I also have foglamps which are 72W per set, i.e 36W per bulb.
Vivek, the lights look great, i have ordered for a similar bulb from Aliexpress but a bit concerned with the dust caps. Do we need to make a hole in the dust caps for Ecosport or the entire housing with the wiring fits inside the dust cap. Can you post a pic with the dust cap on and dust cap removed. Also are there any adjustment knobs for head light alignment. If yes can you guide me to the same. For some reason the throw from right side of my headlight is a bit low as compared to the left side.

Last edited by Chillout : 10th August 2018 at 06:59.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 09:09   #11135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Vivek, the lights look great, i have ordered for a similar bulb from Aliexpress but a bit concerned with the dust caps. Do we need to make a hole in the dust caps for Ecosport or the entire housing with the wiring fits inside the dust cap. Can you post a pic with the dust cap on and dust cap removed. Also are there any adjustment knobs for head light alignment. If yes can you guide me to the same. For some reason the throw from right side of my headlight is a bit low as compared to the left side.
The ones vivekgk are from aliexpress. Identical to ones I mentioned in this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4441249 (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)
Old 13th August 2018, 12:04   #11136
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade the stock headlight lamps on my 2013 i20.

Already read a lot of threads on T-bhp and other websites as well - so I'm obviously completely confused at the moment.

Is there any place (in / near Mumbai) that lets you try these headlight bulbs or gives you a demo of how they might look (throw, brightness, etc) before you purchase it?
(At least for plug and play bulbs - stock Halogen bulbs vs Nightbreakers vs LEDs. I can understand that giving demos for complex HID/Projector installs will be difficult).

Also, for LEDs - how important of a factor is the lumens number? Will a higher lumen number (say 4,000 vs 8,000 vs 12,000 lumens) improve throw as well or just be brighter?
At what luminosity will LEDs be better than Halogens (if possible)?
What's the max lumen number one should go for so as to not be a nuisance to the oncoming traffic (if possible)?

Tech gurus / experts / mods: Any suggestion / recommendation is welcome.
Old 13th August 2018, 12:25   #11137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Hi Rahul,
I have purchased below one and I have gone for 6000K as color temperature.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-H...608.0.0.SRG1R8
I have ordered the same bulbs for my EcoSport's high beam (H1 4300K). Waiting for them to get delivered. Hope they are better than the stock Osram halogens.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 13:52   #11138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
...For some reason the throw from right side of my headlight is a bit low as compared to the left side.
This is by design mandated by ARAI and is NOT a fault/defect. This is done to reduce light going to the vehicle coming in the opposite direction.

You will find the right lower than left in all countries that drive on the left side of the road. Similarly, left will be lower than right in all countries that drive on the right side of the road.
Old 13th August 2018, 13:54   #11139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I have ordered the same bulbs for my EcoSport's high beam (H1 4300K). Waiting for them to get delivered. Hope they are better than the stock Osram halogens.

I had replaced my Osram Night breakers with the ones mentioned in the link and I felt a lot of improvement. I think you will get similar experience. Post your pics once you install the lights.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:42   #11140

Honda City Type 2 Fog Lamps

Mod note: Please use Search to find a relevant thread and please continue there. Thanks.

Hi,

I need the fog lamps for the Honda City Type 2 -2003 model. With or without the cover/garnish. Can you guide?

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th August 2018 at 12:32. Reason: Please use Search to find a relevant thread and please continue there. Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:45   #11141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Well, finally got around to installing the Philips LED in my XUV.
=======
14. White Eyes
Hi @pillainp, have you driven in rain with the new setup? It has been pouring in Kerala off-late, so i hope you would've had enough instances to experience the performance. Can you please comment on that?

I have also been contemplating a LED setup (or at least upgraded lights) on my 2011 W8. I believe the headlight internal design on your face-lift version and mine are same, so this setup would fit equally well, would you know?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th August 2018 at 16:39. Reason: Trimming Quoted post.
Old 14th August 2018, 16:02   #11142
BHPian

Anyone has experience with fitting LED bars? They will be used rarely and mounted on bumper but I need high brightness. Suggestions?
Old 14th August 2018, 16:09   #11143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
Hi @pillainp, have you driven in rain with the new setup? It has been pouring in Kerala off-late, so i hope you would've had enough instances to experience the performance. Can you please comment on that?

I have also been contemplating a LED setup (or at least upgraded lights) on my 2011 W8. I believe the headlight internal design on your face-lift version and mine are same, so this setup would fit equally well, would you know?

Thanks in advance,
Hi,
Did do quite a bit of night driving in the rain, as it usually night on my way from Kottayam to Trivandrum, and usually pouring over the last few weeks.

On a clear night, the low beams are adequate considering they are only 14W each, but when it rains we find they are just a little on the dim side. However the light colour does not interfere in the slightest with visibility in the rain.

Considering the rain issue and the insufficiency of light, I am now upgrading my low beam projectors to the same 25W (each) Philips X-treme Ultinon LED bulbs I am using in my reflector type high beams.

The X-treme Ultinons are very good in the high beams and provide more than sufficient light, but I am slightly worried they may be a tad overpowering in the low beam projectors. We shall have to see.

I will be getting them installed from Mahindra at Maradu Kochi on the 16th or 17th.

Will post pics then.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 19:10   #11144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi,
Is there any place (in / near Mumbai) that lets you try these headlight bulbs or gives you a demo of how they might look (throw, brightness, etc) before you purchase it?
I have fitted Osram NB+ on my 2014 Elite i20 within 2 months of ownership. There is a marginal difference compared to stock. I can get my car and you can do the comparison first hand. I am located in Andheri-E, close to the WE highway. Which part of Mumbai you are you located in?
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 14:22   #11145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have fitted Osram NB+ on my 2014 Elite i20 within 2 months of ownership. There is a marginal difference compared to stock.
Thanks for the offer. I live near Bandra. I managed to get a set of NBs laser on a temporary basis and they're definitely better than halogen. I was actually hoping to get a setup of LED bulbs in a reflector setup comparison.

I'm surprised you found only a marginal difference. Does yours have a projector setup? I believe the new Elite i20s come with those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks