Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th July 2019, 16:50   #11506
BHPian

Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

I use stock wattage halogens , but I notice slight variations on the beam cutoff after replacing new ones sometimes(DIY), which is around 200 hours of using them, had to get them realigned and they are very effective afterwards.
Hello,

I had been using the 90/100 setup since 5 years along with Philips bulbs. I further upgraded to Hella bulbs a month ago. The Hellas were obviously good than Philips, I also realigned the Hellas when installing but the output wasn’t satisfactory.
Revvliner22 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2019, 22:02   #11507
BHPian

Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Guys, please guide me here. I am looking to improve on my car (Fiesta Classic) Low beam performance. I initially decided to go for Osram NBU as replacement, other recommendation was to go for 90/100 bulbs with a harness. I am not too worried about the high wattage bulbs damaging my headlights.

Please advise on the way forward.
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 14:38   #11508
BHPian

For all Hyundai car owners who are looking to get on the HID bandwagon but are worried about voiding the warranty, you will be pleased to know that the Hyundai Service Centers are retailing OSRAM HID Kits 4200K and 6000K variants. I discovered this when I went to collect my car from service (Advaith Hyundai, Mission Road, Bangalore). They retail OSRAM and one other brand (don't recollect which one, but not one of the famous ones for sure).

The 4300K retails for about 10,500 and the 6000K retails for about 12,000. Have ordered the 4200K. Awaiting delivery.
BeantownThinker is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:34   #11509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
For all Hyundai -- HID bandwagon -- worried about voiding the warranty, -- Hyundai Service Centers are retailing OSRAM HID Kits 4200K and 6000K variants.
Is there a clause which says you have to get them installed from their workshop only or you can purchase and get it installed on your own to retain warranty issues?

Tata wants everything to be installed at their workshop only, else warranty voids. They do sell at astronomical prices though.
saurabh2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:53   #11510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Is there a clause which says you have to get them installed from their workshop only or you can purchase and get it installed on your own to retain warranty issues?
Didn't really check who can install it. The reason I posted is that IF something does go wrong then Hyundai cannot void the warranty arbitrarily.

For me, my car is one month away from completing the warranty period so it does not matter much.

There are only 3 brands of HID kits that I trust Morimoto, Phillips and OSRAM. Have been searching for a place to buy genuine stuff. Found this available at the service center, hence ordered.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:37   #11511
BHPian

Hi All , Has anyone done an upgrade on Maruti Ignis Zeta headlights? Seek advice please.thanks in advance.
Natt1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:56   #11512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
For all Hyundai car owners who are looking to get on the HID bandwagon but are worried about voiding the warranty, you will be pleased to know that the Hyundai Service Centers are retailing OSRAM HID Kits 4200K and 6000K variants. I discovered this when I went to collect my car from service (Advaith Hyundai, Mission Road, Bangalore). They retail OSRAM and one other brand (don't recollect which one, but not one of the famous ones for sure).

The 4300K retails for about 10,500 and the 6000K retails for about 12,000. Have ordered the 4200K. Awaiting delivery.
Are you going to install HID on a reflector setup? If yes, then it is a bad idea.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:09   #11513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Are you going to install HID on a reflector setup? If yes, then it is a bad idea.
Nope. I have OEM projectors in my Verna. Will be installing HIDs in them. Am currently running HIDs from a brand called P8. Not entirely happy. So am migrating to OSRAM HIDs.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote