Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 16:50   #11506
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

I use stock wattage halogens , but I notice slight variations on the beam cutoff after replacing new ones sometimes(DIY), which is around 200 hours of using them, had to get them realigned and they are very effective afterwards.
Hello,

I had been using the 90/100 setup since 5 years along with Philips bulbs. I further upgraded to Hella bulbs a month ago. The Hellas were obviously good than Philips, I also realigned the Hellas when installing but the output wasn’t satisfactory.
Revvliner22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 22:02   #11507
BHPian

Guys, please guide me here. I am looking to improve on my car (Fiesta Classic) Low beam performance. I initially decided to go for Osram NBU as replacement, other recommendation was to go for 90/100 bulbs with a harness. I am not too worried about the high wattage bulbs damaging my headlights.

Please advise on the way forward.
Old 22nd July 2019, 14:38   #11508
BHPian

For all Hyundai car owners who are looking to get on the HID bandwagon but are worried about voiding the warranty, you will be pleased to know that the Hyundai Service Centers are retailing OSRAM HID Kits 4200K and 6000K variants. I discovered this when I went to collect my car from service (Advaith Hyundai, Mission Road, Bangalore). They retail OSRAM and one other brand (don't recollect which one, but not one of the famous ones for sure).

The 4300K retails for about 10,500 and the 6000K retails for about 12,000. Have ordered the 4200K. Awaiting delivery.
BeantownThinker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:34   #11509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
For all Hyundai -- HID bandwagon -- worried about voiding the warranty, -- Hyundai Service Centers are retailing OSRAM HID Kits 4200K and 6000K variants.
Is there a clause which says you have to get them installed from their workshop only or you can purchase and get it installed on your own to retain warranty issues?

Tata wants everything to be installed at their workshop only, else warranty voids. They do sell at astronomical prices though.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:53   #11510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Is there a clause which says you have to get them installed from their workshop only or you can purchase and get it installed on your own to retain warranty issues?
Didn't really check who can install it. The reason I posted is that IF something does go wrong then Hyundai cannot void the warranty arbitrarily.

For me, my car is one month away from completing the warranty period so it does not matter much.

There are only 3 brands of HID kits that I trust Morimoto, Phillips and OSRAM. Have been searching for a place to buy genuine stuff. Found this available at the service center, hence ordered.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:37   #11511
BHPian

Hi All , Has anyone done an upgrade on Maruti Ignis Zeta headlights? Seek advice please.thanks in advance.
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:56   #11512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
For all Hyundai car owners who are looking to get on the HID bandwagon but are worried about voiding the warranty, you will be pleased to know that the Hyundai Service Centers are retailing OSRAM HID Kits 4200K and 6000K variants. I discovered this when I went to collect my car from service (Advaith Hyundai, Mission Road, Bangalore). They retail OSRAM and one other brand (don't recollect which one, but not one of the famous ones for sure).

The 4300K retails for about 10,500 and the 6000K retails for about 12,000. Have ordered the 4200K. Awaiting delivery.
Are you going to install HID on a reflector setup? If yes, then it is a bad idea.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:09   #11513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Are you going to install HID on a reflector setup? If yes, then it is a bad idea.
Nope. I have OEM projectors in my Verna. Will be installing HIDs in them. Am currently running HIDs from a brand called P8. Not entirely happy. So am migrating to OSRAM HIDs.
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 22:55   #11514
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Is there anyway I can retrofit projectors which houses H7 bulb for low beam from Vitara Brezza's headlights into Tiago's reflector unit which houses H4 Hi-Lo bulb? I might arrange the units because I had claimed insurance for my car sometime back and the garage might still have those headlights so I was thinking if this kind of retrofit is possible. Thank you!
Old 6th August 2019, 12:53   #11515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello everyone,
Is there anyway I can retrofit projectors which houses H7 bulb for low beam from Vitara Brezza's headlights into Tiago's reflector unit which houses H4 Hi-Lo bulb? I might arrange the units because I had claimed insurance for my car sometime back and the garage might still have those headlights so I was thinking if this kind of retrofit is possible. Thank you!
You want to retrofit your Brezza's low beam-only projector into the Tiago's Reflector headlight ?? How are you going to have a high beam then ???

I would suggest you to change the Tiago's headlight with the Tigor's assembly that has a low beam projector and high beam reflector.
Old 6th August 2019, 13:01   #11516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
How are you going to have a high beam then ???
You see, this was something that I wanted to confirm. I did not know that Brezza's projector will not be able to switch to high beam, I am rather a noob when it comes to modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I would suggest you to change the Tiago's headlight with the Tigor's assembly that has a low beam projector and high beam reflector.
This has always been on my list but sadly lacking the required financial backing right now.
Old 6th August 2019, 13:14   #11517
BHPian

Quote:
You see, this was something that I wanted to confirm. I did not know that Brezza's projector will not be able to switch to high beam, I am rather a noob when it comes to modification.
The Brezza has a Low-beam-ONLY Projector. It has a reflector for high beam.

Quote:
This has always been on my list but sadly lacking the required financial backing right now.
This would be the best way to do it both aesthetically and functionally. Quite a significant improvement.
Old 6th August 2019, 18:05   #11518
BHPian

Hello everyone,

The brightness and range of my Santro's headlight has come down in the last 1 month. During a recent night highway drive I found the headlight range (higher beam) to be 8-10 metre. I went to Hyundai ASC to change the bulbs but they were reluctant to change the bulbs as they were still working.
I have been using the OEM setup- 55/60W for the past 9 years. Over the course of time the outer surface of headlights has developed some stretch marks. This I believe can be taken care of by using 'Headlight repairing kit'.
Owing to my regular highway drives, I want to upgrade my headlight setup. I want to stick to halogen lights.

Requesting gurus to help me regarding the following queries-
1. What's the recommended power upgrade that is suitable for Santro Xing?
2. Will it affect the headlight reflector or require replacing the wiring?
3. I am also considering to install fog light such as Hella Cornet or Hella Rallye 500FF. How much wattage should I opt for?

Last edited by SamitMukherjee : 6th August 2019 at 18:07.
Old 7th August 2019, 09:24   #11519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Hello everyone,

The brightness and range of my Santro's headlight has come down in the last 1 month. Over the course of time the outer surface of headlights has developed some stretch marks.
First try repairing or replacing your headlamp assembly. Most of your problem should be resolved. If the transparent plastic has faded or become yellowish, that is the source of your problem. Try fixing just that first.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:54   #11520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
First try repairing or replacing your headlamp assembly. Most of your problem should be resolved. If the transparent plastic has faded or become yellowish, that is the source of your problem. Try fixing just that first.
Yes! I did just that last evening. I used toothpaste to clean the scratches. Almost 80% of my problem got solved. After cleaning I sprayed Formula 1 fast spray wax as a protective coat.

But my aftermarket Lumax fog light stopped functioning.
I was anyway planning to upgrade them.

Came across Hella 60mm module projector fog lights. Amazon says it will fit in my Santro Xing. Any experience regarding this particular set of fog light?

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20190807_105217.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks