Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Old 29th May 2020, 18:30   #11746

Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post

1. I used a h4 to bixenon splitter wire that looks like this.

2. Shroud wires can be routed through the position lamp hole. There is no need to seal that and mine is left unsealed. The outer cap is airtight and keeps moisture away

Btw which LED projector have you purchased?
My Bi-LEDs are AES A8 projectors.
Name:  images 9  20200529T182641.020.jpeg
Views: 144
Size:  17.8 KB

I searched for the splitter but couldn't find any in india. On aliexpress, after the lockdown shipping charges are through the roof and I don't want to wait another 1-2 months to upgrade the headlight. Seller was experienced in Bi-LED upgrade and he told me he had directly contacted AES for this Hi-Low beam wiring in the past and they suggested to add a diode in the circuit which I checked and it works. Probably in future I will get this H4 splitter to make connections, coupler to coupler.

In Swift Dzire, I will have to seal the position light hole as it's not covered by outer cap. I have got few position lamp T10 holders which I will use to seal them.

Thanks for the cleaning advise. I am actually having problem of dust on projectors. I will use alcohol wipes to clean them.
Old 29th May 2020, 18:55   #11747
BHPian

Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbhavesh View Post
My Bi-LEDs are AES A8 projectors.
Attachment 2011671

I searched for the splitter but couldn't find any in india. On aliexpress, after the lockdown shipping charges are through the roof and I don't want to wait another 1-2 months to upgrade the headlight. Seller was experienced in Bi-LED upgrade and he told me he had directly contacted AES for this Hi-Low beam wiring in the past and they suggested to add a diode in the circuit which I checked and it works. Probably in future I will get this H4 splitter to make connections, coupler to coupler.

In Swift Dzire, I will have to seal the position light hole as it's not covered by outer cap. I have got few position lamp T10 holders which I will use to seal them.

Thanks for the cleaning advise. I am actually having problem of dust on projectors. I will use alcohol wipes to clean them.
Okay, Keep us posted here how it goes. Only clean the glass lens with alcohol, for rest areas only air or a clean microfiber. Also if you planning to use the switchback/DRL function on the shrouds it will look better if you black out the stock reflector. Else light bounces around a bit.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 12:07   #11748
BHPian

I have been running 4 hella 500 lights on my Figo 1.5D for over three years and 70k kms now without any issue.

Trouble began after I replaced a fused 100w h3 with a 55w one. That holder got burnt and I replaced the holder. I changed all the lights to 55w after the incident. Even after changing them all, one or two of the light bulbs(55w H3) are getting fused everytime I drive.

Has anyone faced such an issue? Will using one lower watt light in a light bar cause the lower watt bulb's holder to burn?

Should I overhaul the aux light wiring or relay? Or would it be simply because of duplicate bulbs?

Most Viewed