Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 10:26   #12016
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
In continuation to my post above, I spoke to Blaze India and I am getting a quote of 13800 for an AES HID projector KIT. Blue tinted projector lens, 55W ballast and P4 precision HID bulbs make up the kit. Is this a good choice or should I look at bulbs outside? And do I really need 55W??
After driving for 50,000+ kms on an HID setup, I feel they are the best! Only disadvantage is the lack to flash during the day time.

55W is better provided the bulbs also match the rating else the life of the bulbs will reduce.

Also I don't see what is the colour temperature of the bulbs that Blaze shall provide with the AES HID kit? Anything around 4200-4800K will be great in terms of lighting in both rains and dry weather. 5500K-6500K will be be good in dry but poor in rainy weather.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 10:40   #12017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Also I don't see what is the colour temperature of the bulbs that Blaze shall provide with the AES HID kit?
Blaze is providing 5500K bulbs, but I am looking at 4300K. This is for HID only. All LED projectors are 6000K. I cannot find bi-LED projectors at any other temperature!
Old 25th January 2021, 10:56   #12018
BANNED

Quote:
Blaze is providing 5500K bulbs, but I am looking at 4300K. This is for HID only. All LED projectors are 6000K. I cannot find bi-LED projectors at any other temperature!
Yes, getting a bulb with colour temperature near 455K is the best.

I don't think LED's setups are available at a lower colour temperature range as of now. All I know is it mostly 6000-6500K.
Old 31st January 2021, 20:19   #12019
BHPian

Quote:
In continuation to my post above, I spoke to Blaze India and I am getting a quote of 13800 for an AES HID projector KIT. Blue tinted projector lens, 55W ballast and P4 precision HID bulbs make up the kit. Is this a good choice or should I look at bulbs outside? And do I really need 55W?

I am also seeing LED projectors from AES which are similarly priced. Should jump the gun and go for LED projectors or should I opt for the tried and tested HIDs?

I am looking at something like this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...52ad153cTMEEuN

Need expert advice as I am absolutely confused!
If you are habitual to flashing lights then get the Bi-Led ones if the output is good. I've been using ilens bi-Led projectors for 2 years now and very satisfied. AES makes good stuff and i'm sure their current Led Projector are quite good and will perform just as good as any 35w HID. If your car has double barrel headlights then a 35w HID projector for low and a LED projector for high will be an amazing combo!
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:22   #12020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think LED's setups are available at a lower colour temperature range as of now. All I know is it mostly 6000-6500K.
Thanks Anurag! Blaze India says 5500K is the ideal temperature and it will not hamper visibility during rains. As I also have a halogen high beam, would that be ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
If you are habitual to flashing lights then get the Bi-Led ones if the output is good. If your car has double barrel headlights then a 35w HID projector for low and a LED projector for high will be an amazing combo!
My car does have a double barrel set up and the flash only lights up the high beam. Even if I get a bi-xenon HID kit, flashing wont affect the HID set up as only my high beam gets triggered. A LED projector set up will not be possible due to a lack of space around the headlight assembly. I think I'll go for normal LED bulbs or high powered Halogens on it.

Please tell me your experience with LED projectors in rain and fog/mist. Is it a 6000K LED set up?
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:49   #12021
BHPian

Quote:
My car does have a double barrel set up and the flash only lights up the high beam. Even if I get a bi-xenon HID kit, flashing wont affect the HID set up as only my high beam gets triggered. A LED projector set up will not be possible due to a lack of space around the headlight assembly. I think I'll go for normal LED bulbs or high powered Halogens on it.

Please tell me your experience with LED projectors in rain and fog/mist. Is it a 6000K LED set up?
Yes mine are 6000k, not that big a deal in rains/fog but yes 4300k is slightly better i'm sure. I have a good pair of fog lamps as well to supplement them.

If you explore around there are quite a few compact dedicated high beam LED projectors as well if space permits.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 20:31   #12022
BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2018 Honda city V, and I upgraded to LED headlights on my stock reflectors and while the improvement is huge over stock headlights, I am left wanting a better setup and I think I'll go with a ~4500K HID projector for my car.
Why not start with Projector Fog lights first and then if you feel the illumination is insufficient try Projector headlights too? Since upgrading the fogs to Projector is almost Plug and play, where as the headlight will need someone with expertise, as sealing it will need skills, right adhesives and tools.
motorpsycho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 08:29   #12023
BHPian

Hi guys any suggestions for my friend on after market fog lamps available online on Amazon or likes ?

Car : WagonR 2019 current gen.
Old 10th February 2021, 22:52   #12024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I am looking to upgrade my Honda city 2014 Headlights. Do not want to go for a led(light cut-off) or hid setup(cost). This comes with a H7 type bulb setup. What are the options. One of the aftermarket installer was suggesting an upgrade to 80 watt bulbs directly and as per him no relay is required since the wattage difference is not much. Do we get Philips rally or Extreme vision for H7 type bulbs

Sir,
The headlight bulbs installed in the 2014 Honda city are HB3 for High Beam and H11 for low beam.
satchit_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 20:14   #12025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit82 View Post
Please buy a genuine relay and get H7 80W installed instead of the factory fitted headlight bulbs. I'm running the same setup in my Vista and all the bulbs are Flosser H7 80W (Made in Germany) and the difference is like day and night.

Make sure the Relay and bulbs are genuine. Also, anything above 80W would be an overkill. You won't go wrong with this setup and I'm using the same in my 2013 Vista for the last 6.5 years now. Flosser bulbs lasted for 5.5 years. As such, there is no darkening of reflectors also.
I am looking for an upgrade in headlamps for my 2012 Indica Vista QJet, which has double barrel headlights. I was going through the owner's manual and I see that Low Beam is H7 and High Beam is H1. I searched for Flosser bulbs, but I am unable to find them.

Please share details of suitable headlamps for the Vista for both Low Beam and High Beam.

Thank you!
Old 15th February 2021, 05:29   #12026
Senior - BHPian

Hello people,

Few days ago I spoke to a works manager from Autovista in Mumbai and asked him if I can change my headlights to the projector ones from the zxi+ variant and he said no as those are connected from the ECM. I have seen many videos where people have changed to those lights even on the lxi models.
Old 19th February 2021, 21:10   #12027
BHPian

Those who have got the Bi-Xenon Projectors, where have you mounted the additional switch, my car does not have dummy button blanks and I really do not want to drill hole in my dash.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:39   #12028
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Upgraded from 60/55W H4 factory fitted headlight bulbs to the following combination in my Ritz car today :

b) Vaisnhu Relay & H4 wiring kit
https://www.amazon.in/VAISHNU-Wiring.../dp/B07TWMDHSR
This looks like a good option for Aux lighting. Is it possible to have the factory stock 60/55w relay+bulb for headlights and this 130/100 kit for the extra aux lights to be used rarely? I have added these to my shopping cart, just waiting for confirmation.

Thanks

Last edited by Ragul : 22nd February 2021 at 10:45.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:01   #12029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
This looks like a good option for Aux lighting. Is it possible to have the factory stock 60/55w relay+bulb for headlights and this 130/100 kit for the extra aux lights to be used rarely? I have added these to my shopping cart, just waiting for confirmation.

Thanks
This H4 relay kit gets attached to the same headlight control socket which is there for default main headlight. That is why the existing controls for Hi, Low beam continue to work through this relay. If you want to keep your existing headlight and use this for additional Aux light, I am not sure where you can / will plug in the control socket for this relay.
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:28   #12030

Dear Friends,

I have a query on my Skoda Rapid 2015 model headlights.

Understand that the current set up is H4 in the car. I'm facing extreme difficulties during night highway drives even after upgrading to Osram Night Breaker few years back.

When I checked about the upgrade in the market, I got hell lot of options with mixed opinion and I'm royally confused now!

Below are the suggested options:

1. 100/90w
2. HID 4200/6000 Kelvin Osram for headlight and Led bulbs for fog lamp
3. LED Bulbs 4300k/6000k Stan/Blaupunkt for headlight and fog lamps.

Few people state that HID is not good for H4 set up and may cause issue in the long term.

I need some advise here. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed