Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:18   #2326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
The City doesnt have it, dont know of the other cars which dont have it - Santro maybe? All Santros have blinding lights when on high beams which is really annoying.
You are right about City. They dont have it. But not sure about Santros. So what would be the effect if I remove it? Will it help increase the light output ?
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:31   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous View Post
guys -

I'd need a suggestion. I want to change lights of my 3yr old Optra Royale. At present they are company fitted. I'm relocating from Delhi to Hyderabad in Nov. So seeing the variation in climate conditions of 2 cities, what lights shall I go for. I'd love to go for white lights but read on the forum that white lights don't do good in rains & it pours heavily in Hyderabad as compared to New Delhi.
Also, I've come across an HID kit: JRS (moving xenon 7mm) from eastman group in reliance autozone ambi mall. Their specs are 55W, 12V, 10kTB. They provide 1 yr All over India warranty & cost Rs 15k
1) I'm not sure about it that whether I should go for HID light or not? If not, how should I increase the intensity of the light (yellow itself)?
2) What lights will work effectively with high intensity even in rains?
Just remember the lower the temperature more visibility. 4300k or better yet, 3000k will suit you better than higher temperatures. They are closer to stock bulbs so instead of the white light, it will be a yellowish light. 4300k is white but whiter than say a 5000k or a 6000k. 3000k is tough to come by, so let me know if you need any help getting them.
As for increasing the intensity of your existing lights, I dont know much about 90/100 bulbs with relays and such so I think others will be able to give you better advice regarding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
You are right about City. They dont have it. But not sure about Santros. So what would be the effect if I remove it? Will it help increase the light output ?
Theoretically speaking, less of the light will be deflected onto the reflector so there is a possibility of less light spread, intensity should remain the same because the bulbs will remain the same. Again am not too sure. But you will definitely be blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:40   #2328
BHPian

Quote:
According to what I know, maybe wrong; its meant to deflect the beam onto the reflectors and avoid the beam going head on and blinding oncoming traffic. I think this was also the reason why cabbies till some time ago had this black dot in the centre of the headlight - ambassadors especially - or a black line across the top of it.
What you said above is absolutely correct Anant.

Quote:
guys -

I'd need a suggestion. ...
Quote:
guys -

I'd need a suggestion. ...

Theres NO POINT in re-posting rendezvous.Your post number #2295 and #2326 are the same.Please refrain from doing so.Wait for somebody to reply.And read the entire thread carefully,you will get all your queries answered.
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:17   #2329
BHPian

Come to think of it, Eastman Group is the company that gets in Yongle and Freeman alloys. Didnt know they were into Xenons. But sounds quite overpriced.
Old 3rd November 2008, 10:24   #2330
BHPian

I guess this is my first post on this section. Actually i wanted to change the stock bulbs in my magnum. But i think I'd be better off using bulbs of the same rating rather than using relays. Please suggest some products so that I could get a desirable change.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:54   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
I guess this is my first post on this section. Actually i wanted to change the stock bulbs in my magnum. But i think I'd be better off using bulbs of the same rating rather than using relays. Please suggest some products so that I could get a desirable change.
Philips VisionPlus is probably the safest way out. White light, but they arent that good in rain.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:06   #2332
BHPian

I'm planning to upgrade my Swift's headlights as the stock is not powerful enough. Since my vehicle is coverd by warranty, at first I enquired with MASS itself. But they were totally against any change to the stock bulbs. As per MASS, if I upgrade, it could darken the reflector. I have seen upgrades in atlead on every 4vehicles out of 10.

1). Can anyone tell me whether is it safe to go for an upgrade for a Swift?
2). I don't wanna go for a very powerful one, but powerful than the stock bulbs. Can anyone suggest a model and make?
3). Can anyone recommend a dealer from Pune?
4). What will be expected cost of an upgrade?
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:31   #2333
BHPian

Hi Swifty2008,

I have recently upgraded the headlight bulbs of my Getz from stock (Halonix H4 55/60w) to Philips Essential Vision H4 100/90w with Bosch Relay.
Brilliant road coverage and brightness. It is enough to tame truck drivers at night and I have experienced that after a few outstation trips.

You can get these bulbs in any Auto shop. I bought them from a Philips Distributor on FC Road behind BP petrol Pump for 650 bucks with bill.

I got fitted the relay & the bulbs from Bosch Car Care on Karve Road just before Sahyadri Hosp. 730 bucks.
cheers:
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:24   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
Magnum comes with Halonix 55/60 watt headlight bulbs. You can very well replace this one with Philips /Hella. I have replaced the stock one with 90/100W philips witout relay / wiring change. As per the technician at GM garage Magnum already has got a relay from factory rated 110W. So no need to change anything other than bulb and the plastic wiring socket. The socket has to be replaced with a ceramic one ( you can pull out the brass pins out of stock socket and put it in ceramic holder). That will be done.

I am using this setup for the last 4 months without any trouble. This include 2 nightout drives to kerala and return.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 3rd November 2008 at 14:26.
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:13   #2335

Fitting Hella 4000 to Indigo CS

This is my first post on team-bhp. I am not sure if this question was answered earlier in TEAM-BHP. I tried to go over few post and did not find any discussions.

** Let me know if this is already discussed and please provide me the link to the post **

I am looking for information on fitting a Hella 4000 set on my Indigo CS. I purchased this from a car-dealer and unfortunately could not get it fixed from him due to time-constraints and other issues.

1. Does anyone know of a place in Bangalore, where I can take the headlights and get it fixed to the car?

2. Are there any suggestions on how the headlights must be fixed so that they are sturdy, provide good focus on the road? For example, the clamps - should they be welded, or attached using nuts and bolts...so on.

3. I heard that you cannot attach a crash-gaurd on Indigo CS. Is that true? I thought it would easier to attach headlights on to a crash-gaurd.

Thanks for any response, Cheers!
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:51   #2336
BHPian

I just got the 450s put on my SX4, and there were installed onto the bumper using the nuts,bolts and other stuff in the packaging itself. They provide me with damn good lighting but downside is that if I adjust them too much the screws loosen and I have to get it tightened again.
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:57   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
I just got the 450s put on my SX4, and there were installed onto the bumper using the nuts,bolts and other stuff in the packaging itself. They provide me with damn good lighting but downside is that if I adjust them too much the screws loosen and I have to get it tightened again.
Anant please put up the pictures for us to see.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:05   #2338
Senior - BHPian

@HotChillyPepper
Quote:
So no need to change anything other than bulb and the plastic wiring socket. The socket has to be replaced with a ceramic one ( you can pull out the brass pins out of stock socket and put it in ceramic holder).
Where did you buy the ceramic holders in Bangalore and how much did they cost?
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:56   #2339
BHPian

Quote:
Did you use any relay with the 450s ? Also what type of wire did you use for wiring, like the conventional thin wires or thick gauge wires ?
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:18   #2340

Quote:
I have already purchased the headlights and only want them to fitted. Will any mechanic or accessories shop do this, in Bangalore.

Most Viewed