Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 16:35   #2356
BHPian

I am looking for a blue Fog bulb for SX4. Does any indian website like ebay.in source them.
Old 8th November 2008, 09:31   #2357
BHPian

Narva H3 In Pune

I am looking for Narva 12V/55W H3 bulbs for my pair of Rally lights (Hella).
Does anyone know from where I can source these in Pune ?
Any other alternatives to Narva that meet these specs ?
Old 8th November 2008, 12:50   #2358
BHPian

I called up my dealer for a switch to philips 100/90 bulbs, don't no which type, blue yellow whatever. He quoted a price of 1000 rs, he also said these bulbs come with relay installed. Is this information correct? to me, it sounds very incorrect. Please tell me as fast as possible, I don't want to risk my baleno. Any other changes that need to be made ?
Old 8th November 2008, 14:14   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I called up my dealer for a switch to philips 100/90 bulbs, don't no which type, blue yellow whatever. He quoted a price of 1000 rs, he also said these bulbs come with relay installed. Is this information correct? to me, it sounds very incorrect. Please tell me as fast as possible, I don't want to risk my baleno. Any other changes that need to be made ?
Bulbs pre-equipped with relays? Haha, that's a first! Sorry to say but your dealer is taking you for a royal ride.
Are you OK with whatever the dealer is telling you, don't you know what bulbs you want? Blue / Yellow / White / Whatever?

To be safe, I suggest you first get a full wiring kit + dual relay. Read the thread for bulb options, my recommendation is Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs (yellow).
Old 8th November 2008, 14:40   #2360
BHPian

thank you for the prompt reply ankit. I myself did not believe the dealer, nor am i going to be taken for any sort of ride. Yes, i will follow your advice, will go in for philips 100/90 yellow,along with bosch relays. How much did this cost you? thankyou again.
Old 8th November 2008, 15:53   #2361
BHPian

Helllo everyone.I want to improve the lighting in my pajero .In stock it comes with 60/55 H4 bulbs and the fogs have a projector or a HID setup but not Halogens.What is the difference between Projector,Xenon and HID?
The vehicle will be driven more in the highways than in the city.What options should I consider.I would like to go in for a Brand which is reliable such as Bosch not some chinese make and risk my life and vehicle.I would like to have the kind of bulbs which the top end Skoda Laura comes with.

On the SX4 It came with 60/55 H4 bulbs,I later got it upgraded to 100/90 bulbs from Wurth along with relay.The bulbs come with a light blue half a inch coat and it produces decent white light.Its spread is very much wide but not much far.On a dark road it illuminates well but while driving on single lane highways with oncoming vehicle with high beams on the illumination seems insufficient why is this happening?

Last edited by D.V.R : 8th November 2008 at 16:01.
Old 8th November 2008, 17:02   #2362
BHPian

Quote:
philips 100/90 yellow,along with bosch relays. How much did this cost you? thankyou again.
No problem. All this will cost you under Rs. 1,000. Have sent you a PM.
Old 8th November 2008, 18:45   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Well here is my contribution from my experience to this thread, this is totally my experience alone, hope this helps, do correct me if I am wrong with some things, all your thoughts, suggestions are welcome and the end decision is always left for you guys when you buy.
I have used two wiring harnesses
1. Roots and
2. PMP
I found the Roots harnesser better; it had thicker wires which supported 130/100W Philips/Hella bulbs way better compared to the PMP’s harnesser, I still remember the day when I switch from PMP’s harnesser to ROOTS, it was like the lighting instantly doubled out of the blues was simply awesome.
A proper look at both these harnessers one would pick the Roots just based on the finish and fit of it.

As for the brands of bulbs tried, they were only two I could lay my hands on in that Wattage, I found Philips had a marginally better lighting but lasted a couple of months lesser compared to HELLA, the average time of these bulbs was say 6 months for the Philips Rallye and Hella lasted 2 more months.
I haven’t tried 100/90W bulbs as yet since the beginning its been the 130/100W bulbs for me, I think it is time a gave the 100/90W bulbs a try too.

Coming to the relay/cutout its again a shootout between ROOTS and PMP.
Here the results were the other way around for me the roots relays somehow always let me down with these 130/100W bulbs though people said they ran fine for the 100/90W bulbs, the PMP mind you there are cheap imitates for ROOTS and PMP but PMP has more of them, so when you buy make sure you buy one with a hologram or a etched in plastic version which actually is the latest or you can still find the heavy duty metal one its even better but the specs should support 130/100W bulbs. PMP lasted over a year’s usage typically while I had to change 3 ROOTS relays in a year, the Roots are typically prone to moisture and wetness, every rainy season/winter season I ended up changing it for a year and then shifted to PMPs.

Well present configuration of car’s lighting is
1. ROOTS wiring harnesser, I paid 550 bucks for this
2. PMP Relay, this cost me 220 bucks
3. Philips rallye 130/100W bulbs along with a spare set in the dash, this cost me 250 bucks each.

The bulbs in the question are H4 bulbs, and the car in question is Accent Viva Crdi, this experience with auto lighting is over a period of almost 3years/45K kms with at least 20K Kms of typical highway night driving.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2008, 22:49   #2364
BHPian

alto headlight improvment

I own a 2001 model Alto Vx and after lot of inputs from team -BHP forums today finally i upgraded my headlights. I purchased following items from Opera house, mumbai:

Philips H4 - 130/100 bulbs - 330 for two bulbs

wiring with ceramic holders and Bosch relay (02) - 500/-

50/- labour charge to mechanic

My light quality has definite improvement? what are the issues that may crop up after this modification? any suggestion.
Old 9th November 2008, 09:50   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
I own a 2001 model Alto Vx...

Philips H4 - 130/100 bulbs - 330 for two bulbs

... what are the issues that may crop up after this modification? any suggestion.
130/100 for Alto will most probably burn out the headlight casing! Too much heat for it to handle.

Would suggest 100/90.
Old 9th November 2008, 13:53   #2366
BHPian

Today i am really angry. Finally got my 100/90 bulbs, but to my horror, no relay installed. I'd sent the car with the driver, and despite my insistence the shopkeeper claimed that there's no need for a relay in baleno, the electrical guy who usually seems to know a lot said he'd installed thousands in cars like 800 without a relay. I guess i'll just have to get the relays installed from somewhere else. These are hella headlights(saw them in a friends car and was very impressed). And yes, again to my horror the headlights have been adjusted really badly. Somehow highbeam is low and vice versa. How can i fix this? i've decided to do it myself now. I know how to adjust lights with the screws inside but what about this high beam/low beam issue. please help
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2008, 13:56   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
My light quality has definite improvement? what are the issues that may crop up after this modification? any suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
130/100 for Alto will most probably burn out the headlight casing! Too much heat for it to handle.

Would suggest 100/90.
Apart from what HappyWheels has suggested, I suspect no other issue at all. And it's necessary for you to understand that the 100/130 bulbs may cause damage, or they just might run perfect.

Though Rs. 500 for a full HL wiring+ceramic holders+ 2 relays seems very unrealistic to me. Which wiring did you get? And I hope you have not bought fake relays!
Old 9th November 2008, 14:42   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Today i am really angry. Finally got my 100/90 bulbs, but to my horror, no relay installed. I'd sent the car with the driver, and despite my insistence the shopkeeper claimed that there's no need for a relay in baleno, the electrical guy who usually seems to know a lot said he'd installed thousands in cars like 800 without a relay. I guess i'll just have to get the relays installed from somewhere else. These are hella headlights(saw them in a friends car and was very impressed). And yes, again to my horror the headlights have been adjusted really badly. Somehow highbeam is low and vice versa. How can i fix this? i've decided to do it myself now. I know how to adjust lights with the screws inside but what about this high beam/low beam issue. please help
The shop fellow needs to be changed. Get the relay installed first. The wiring has got interchanged, that is why you have hi-lo working vice-versa. So much for the knowledge of the shop guy. Get it corrected along with the relay installation.
Old 9th November 2008, 17:02   #2369
BHPian

thankyou path finder. Yes, i definitely will change & get the relays. Any location you guys can suggest. will MASS do this for me? and path finder, one more thing, can i change the wiring myself ?
Old 9th November 2008, 19:13   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Sukrit,

Unless you are absolutely sure, don't not risk doing a DIY with the wiring!

Get down to a MASS and am sure they will sort it out. And yes, you do need a relay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks