Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 03:52   #2431
Senior - BHPian

What on earth is this?
any idea?
does it work?

eBay India: INTELLIGENT LIGHT BOOSTER SYSTEM FOR CAR HEADLIGHT (item 380082347911 end time 24-Nov-2008 09:15:46 IST)
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:41   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
I also had similar kind of problem but i fixed it when i change the fuse for the headlight to a 20A. If you use the fuse less than 20A,it tends to be out when the light turns on.
Thanks for your response.

So are you saying that even if I dont have an apparent fuse that is blown, I would need to install a heavier fuse (20A) for all the headlight related connections as the load is too much for the present one (5A)?

I seem to have about 4 fuses or so for the same in my Octavia - left, right etc.
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:03   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
I also had similar kind of problem but i fixed it when i change the fuse for the headlight to a 20A. If you use the fuse less than 20A,it tends to be out when the light turns on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia2 View Post

So are you saying that even if I dont have an apparent fuse that is blown, I would need to install a heavier fuse (20A) for all the headlight related connections as the load is too much for the present one (5A)?

I seem to have about 4 fuses or so for the same in my Octavia - left, right etc.
Having similar problem, My hid on ONE SIDE Lights SOMETIMES does not turn on. Though both sides turns on sometimes again. Will this problem be be fixed using a heavier fuse even though fuse are not blowing as Octavia2 puts it.
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:37   #2434
BHPian

Dear TEAM BHP friends.

I have 100 / 130 in my logan with relay (roots) wiring (NSC) Ceramic Holders
and philipps rally. Please advice me if it is ok iam using form last 1 month
200 kms . No problems so far.
Please advice me whether i can retain or go back to 90 / 100

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:08   #2435
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Having similar problem, My hid on ONE SIDE Lights SOMETIMES does not turn on. Though both sides turns on sometimes again. Will this problem be be fixed using a heavier fuse even though fuse are not blowing as Octavia2 puts it.

yes guys i think the problem will be solved while using a heavier fuse (but i am not a expert)but using a heavier fuse worked for me.try changing all 4 fuse to 20A. good luck

Last edited by BAKIYA_2K12 : 22nd November 2008 at 16:14.
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:56   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
yes guys i think the problem will be solved while using a heavier fuse (but i am not a expert)but using a heavier fuse worked for me.try changing all 4 fuse to 20A. good luck
Tried the heavy fuse - no luck!

One more pattern I observed was it always is fine when I start the car after a long lay off - say between morning and evening. The problems seems to be primarily when switching on and off while driving etc. Any chance it could be the earthing connections which are not draining like it should?
The relay is the same I used for the 100/90 I had previous to installing the HID kit.

Thoughts?
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:13   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Tried the heavy fuse - no luck!

One more pattern I observed was it always is fine when I start the car after a long lay off - say between morning and evening. The problems seems to be primarily when switching on and off while driving etc. Any chance it could be the earthing connections which are not draining like it should?
The relay is the same I used for the 100/90 I had previous to installing the HID kit.

Thoughts?
Man, our problem is so similar. Am also using relay previously installed for 100/90. I too bought heavier fuse but has not tested them yet as I'm not planning on going out tonight. If I put on the HID now, it will turn on perfectly. Problem happens when I have the engine running for sometime and try to turn on the HID. Will post the result after testing heavier fuse.
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:15   #2438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...headlight.html
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:37   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Man, our problem is so similar. Am also using relay previously installed for 100/90. I too bought heavier fuse but has not tested them yet as I'm not planning on going out tonight. If I put on the HID now, it will turn on perfectly. Problem happens when I have the engine running for sometime and try to turn on the HID. Will post the result after testing heavier fuse.
Any chance the relay is not strong enough or for that matter too strong for the HID? Also, I just noticed another thing - when the lights dont come on, it kind of does a small blink (<1 sec) and then go blank... where are all the experts?
Old 23rd November 2008, 02:06   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Haha!!

Good memory Greenhorn

I suggest you stay away from it akshay4587.
Old 23rd November 2008, 02:09   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Haha!!

Good memory Greenhorn

I suggest you stay away from it akshay4587.
I never wanted to buy it just came across so though of posting for some info.
I am better off with my 100/90 phillips EV bulbs.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:17   #2442
BHPian

Does anyone know where can I find some branded H3 12V 100W bulb in Delhi ? Need them for the Hella 450.
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:02   #2443

Hi

I wanted to put 120W bulbs for my hyudai accent cuz the original dont seem powerfull.

the mechanic said it would cost me Rs 1500/- as he needs to install relays and redo the entire wiring....will this affect my battery due to consumption???
Old 24th November 2008, 09:42   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worshiper View Post
Hi

I wanted to put 120W bulbs for my hyudai accent cuz the original dont seem powerfull.

the mechanic said it would cost me Rs 1500/- as he needs to install relays and redo the entire wiring....will this affect my battery due to consumption???
1500rs seems to be a bit high. Last week, I got Philips Rally 100/90w + PMP Relays and wirring for 1000rs.

Your battery should have not problems. The relay will ensure continuous supply to the bulbs.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:05   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Any chance the relay is not strong enough or for that matter too strong for the HID? Also, I just noticed another thing - when the lights dont come on, it kind of does a small blink (<1 sec) and then go blank... where are all the experts?
Havier fuse did not work for me. My left side HID fails to turn on consistently after running engine for some time. Currently I have connected the HID to the relay (Afernarket relay for 100/90). If I set one one HID to low-beam and the other HID to high-beam, they turn on alternately. This shows HID's are OK. But when I try to make both turn on at the same time by putting both on low-beam, only one (right-side) turns on. Other time, when I turn on HID after car has been idle for lets say 24hrs, both will turn on. Its kind of confusing. Will appreciate any advice on HID wiring.

Most Viewed