Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 21:54   #2701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Cool, thanks alot!
I'm talking about the Sx4 fog lights. They're pretty small though, dont know if its worth the risk. Contemplating HIDs or a pair of 68 LED bulbs, cant seem to decide...
I have installed P4 50W HID's for my headlamps and P4 35W HID's for the fogs as 50W weren't available in H8 size for the fogs (atleast not in P4). Have been running this setup for almost 3 months now and am very happy with it. I think HID's would be a far better option than 100W halogens for the fogs. But i would really like to know more about these 68 LED bulbs though.

Here are a few pics of my SX4 looks from the outside with the 6000k HID's

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-29012009124.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-29012009120.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-29012009119.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 7th March 2009 at 21:58.
Old 9th March 2009, 08:25   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Nope. but the rflector will become dull after about 2 years. thats what happened to a friend's swift
I have installed 100/90 in my swift. If this happens to my swift, can i replace just the reflector?
Old 9th March 2009, 08:28   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have installed P4 50W HID's for my headlamps and P4 35W HID's for the fogs as 50W weren't available in H8 size for the fogs (atleast not in P4). Have been running this setup for almost 3 months now and am very happy with it. I think HID's would be a far better option than 100W halogens for the fogs. But i would really like to know more about these 68 LED bulbs though.

Attachment 109192

Attachment 109194

Attachment 109193

Cheers
@prince85 Can you please give more details like dealer location, price and the exact models?

Thanks
Old 9th March 2009, 09:10   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
@prince85 Can you please give more details like dealer location, price and the exact models?

Thanks
Price - I paid 14k for the 50W H4-Hi/Low HID's for headamps and 10k for the 35W H8 HID's for the fogs.

Models - There are 2 models available in the P4 range. 35W and 50W. Both come with modern thin digital ballasts which most other brands of HID's including Philips still do not use.

Dealer Location - Contact Mr.Dameet on 9820267687/9987554535. He is the official distributor for P4 in Mumbai. I got it fitted from him directly. P4 HID's are also easily available in Milan Subway and Opera House, Mumbai.

Cheers
Old 9th March 2009, 10:12   #2705
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Folks,

My dad, who lives in Madras, wants to install Xenons/HIDs on his Octy. The car currently has some water seepage in the headlights, and he needs to change them anyway. Its a Rider model.

Can anyone direct me to HID/Xenon suppliers in Madras? Also, is the mod advisable in the first place?

Thank you!
Peoples! Any response to this?
Old 9th March 2009, 10:42   #2706
Team-BHP Support

@prince: Please post a view from inside the car, that makes more sense. From the front everything looks too dazzled for our poor eyes
Old 9th March 2009, 10:56   #2707
Senior - BHPian

what do you guys use for parking lamps? I cant find any in white!
Old 9th March 2009, 15:57   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what do you guys use for parking lamps? I cant find any in white!
Wide beam white LED 194 bulbs.
Though I have LED strips as my parking lights.
Old 14th March 2009, 18:49   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Nope. but the rflector will become dull after about 2 years. thats what happened to a friend's swift
yeah but HIDs are white and I need something that will aid visibility in dusty conditions and rain. Besides, I have hids in low beams and they're too expensive. What about hellas?
Old 15th March 2009, 16:49   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
yeah but HIDs are white and I need something that will aid visibility in dusty conditions and rain. Besides, I have hids in low beams and they're too expensive. What about hellas?
[COLOR=black]I have been using Hella 550FE with my Tavera, for last six months, very happy with performance, very good for highway driving, roads lights up nicely.[/COLOR]
Old 15th March 2009, 19:04   #2711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have installed P4 50W HID's for my headlamps and P4 35W HID's for the fogs as 50W weren't available in H8 size for the fogs (atleast not in P4). Have been running this setup for almost 3 months now and am very happy with it. I think HID's would be a far better option than 100W halogens for the fogs.

Cheers
Hey Prince,
Random thought - some time ago my brother was driving in Bombay, and he was stopped and nearly got fined by the cops because he had his driving/fog lights on; so how do you manage driving in the city with them on? Or has that changed?
Old 16th March 2009, 10:58   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenashani View Post
[COLOR=black]I have been using Hella 550FE with my Tavera, for last six months, very happy with performance, very good for highway driving, roads lights up nicely.[/COLOR]
Thanks man ill definitely check them out. Hope they fit in the stock reflectors without melting them.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:28   #2713
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Sometime back I had posted the regarding Headlamp Upgrade suggestions. Thanks to all for suggestions. Did help.

Also consulted an Automotive Design friend of mine finally and here is his verdict which I followed.
1. Lamps loose their brightness over time.
2. Each headlamp assembly and reflector is designed to suit a particular type and wattage of bulb only. Changing one should involve changing the other as well to get optimum performance in all weather.
3. Upgrading is not an option, getting new bulbs of the same value and type will resolve the situation.

Replaced the bulbs in the Fusion with the same (only new) and achieved at least 50% more brightness. Went from Bangalore till Kolkata and came back, with 50% night driving mostly in Vizag - Bangalore section.

Faced intense fog near Godavari and Mahanadi, and low beam + fog lamp combination worked like magic.

Thanks again. Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Hi Guys,
I need suggestions for a headlamp upgrade on my Ford Fusion+ (2005). I will be heading off on a round trip to Calcutta from Bangalore, with mostly daytime travel. But, in any case want to be geared up to face Oncoming Volvos. The original lights are great, but inadequate when you have a lit up volvo coming at you.

Let me know.
Thanx

Das
Old 21st March 2009, 00:00   #2714
BHPian

Hi Guru's,

Today my swifts one of the bulbs (Philips Blue vision H4 - 100/90 Watt) gave up. The low beam of the driver side bulb has gone. I am looking for a similar setup like Philips Rally 130/100 Watt bulbs. Where can I find them in Hyderabad? I haven't installed any Ceramic holders or Relays for my earlier setup. But, now I would like to include them as I don't want to take risk. I am not sure whether I will be able to source the wire harness here in Hyderabad. Please suggest me if you have any alternates such as Osram as well.

Please as the weekend as arrived and I need to close this by Monday.

Thanks, Raju
Old 21st March 2009, 11:12   #2715
BHPian

Help with headlamps in Spark

Hello Everyone,
Need some urgent help with the halogen headlamps in my Spark ? I had replaced the stock Philips H4 55-60W to Osram 80-100W at time of delivery and something weird started happening. The LHS upper started drooping like a spot lamp just a little ahead of the front bumper.
After 4 days later and lots of trips to the Chevy dealer we identified the problem as non compatible and heavy voltage halogen bulbs. The battery could not just take the load it seems.
We then replaced the Osram's with stock Philips and everything works ok !!!

I really need to replace the stock bulbs with slightly more powerful bulbs with better throw and illumination. I am not looking to change the wires or anything.
Can anyone help me out ?
Warm regards, Thanks in advance,
Adit.

Most Viewed