Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 16:20   #2716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Hello Everyone,
Need some urgent help with the halogen headlamps in my Spark ? I had replaced the stock Philips H4 55-60W to Osram 80-100W at time of delivery and something weird started happening. The LHS upper started drooping like a spot lamp just a little ahead of the front bumper.
After 4 days later and lots of trips to the Chevy dealer we identified the problem as non compatible and heavy voltage halogen bulbs. The battery could not just take the load it seems.
We then replaced the Osram's with stock Philips and everything works ok !!!

I really need to replace the stock bulbs with slightly more powerful bulbs with better throw and illumination. I am not looking to change the wires or anything.
Can anyone help me out ?
Warm regards, Thanks in advance,
Adit.
adit did you install a relay and required wiring harness to support the high wattage bulbs?
if you want better illumination, try looking for philips xtreme power or osram night breaker. both are of stock wattage. but beware of fakes!
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:54   #2717
BHPian

No Sir, No relays, cutouts were installed because of warranty issues. Did not want to mess with Chevy wiring.
Nightbreaker series is available in stock wattage ? Cool !!! Now I will try and find someone in Ahmedabad who stocks these.
Thanks,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
adit did you install a relay and required wiring harness to support the high wattage bulbs?
if you want better illumination, try looking for philips xtreme power or osram night breaker. both are of stock wattage. but beware of fakes!
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:34   #2718
BHPian

Hey guys, I dont really know what to do with my swift OEM lights so I'm thinking of selling them off with the phillips extreme power bulbs simply because I dont want them to sit at home and rot. Any ideas how much they'll fetch and where I can sell them?
Old 23rd March 2009, 07:16   #2719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey guys, I dont really know what to do with my swift OEM lights so I'm thinking of selling them off with the phillips extreme power bulbs simply because I dont want them to sit at home and rot. Any ideas how much they'll fetch and where I can sell them?
Zahir,

Do not think you will ever get the price that you might expect.

But then, why bother selling? Just clean it, pack it and store it. It might come in handy sometime.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:34   #2720
BHPian

zahir just keep them at home. pack them and put them somewhere safe. they might be of some use in the future. maybe when you decide to sell the car. i know its too early to think about it but there is no better use.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:46   #2721
Senior - BHPian

Bought and fitted the following bulbs today.
Philips Blue Vision H3(55W) for my Hella Comet 500
Philips Essential Vision H4(100/90)
Total Cost - Rs.1400

Philips Blue Vision for my City lights - Rs.120

I was searching for Xtreme Power or Blue Vision for H4 . But the shops doesnt have them in stock .

Last edited by undead : 23rd March 2009 at 18:47.
Old 25th March 2009, 23:25   #2722
BHPian

Alto Head Lamp Adjustment

Hi,

Can someone please help with this -
My Maruti Alto head lamp is not levelled correctly. Despite keeping the auto leveller at the highest positon, the beam focus is still nearer. I'd like to increase the level of the headlamps. I opened up the bonnet but could not make out how I can adjust. I was hoping to find some screws but none I could. Is it possible, if I can adjust the head lamp level all by myself, without taking it to the MASS?

Thanks much in advance.

-KK
Old 26th March 2009, 00:43   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Hi,

Can someone please help with this -
My Maruti Alto head lamp is not levelled correctly. Despite keeping the auto leveller at the highest positon, the beam focus is still nearer. I'd like to increase the level of the headlamps. I opened up the bonnet but could not make out how I can adjust. I was hoping to find some screws but none I could. Is it possible, if I can adjust the head lamp level all by myself, without taking it to the MASS?

Thanks much in advance.

-KK
you should keep the leveler at 0 and not 4. hope you keeping it right.
there should be a small silver nut to adjust the beam at the back of the assembly for sure. else go to MASS. wont be an issue for them.
Old 27th March 2009, 12:06   #2724
BHPian

Hey guys,

I'm looking for custom projector headlamps with angel rings for my Ford Fiesta 1.6. Any ideas who does this job? I already have kitted out my lamps with Philips HIDs all around including the foggies.

Appreciate any leads I can get..
Old 27th March 2009, 12:59   #2725
BHPian

Angel Eyes for Bright Red Swift

Hi Everyone,

I have planned to fit Angel Eyes for my Bright Red Swift VDI. I contacted MotorPlaza in Trivandrum and they have Angel Eyes. The cost is 9500 which does not include headlights. Only contains LEDs I suppose. Installation charge is Rs 130

Is there anyone from Trivandrum , who has installed Angel Eyes in Swift? If so can you please suggest the shop, price as well as the picture of the installation.

Now I have few queries, which might have been answered before. But the search option in this big thread did not help.

1. Where is the Indicator located in the Angel Eyes setup
2. I have a Diamond Vision headlamp. I plan to buy Philips Xtreme Power as well.Both are H4. Will these two pairs of Halogens be enough to be be fitted on Angel Eyes?
3. How will I control the different lights in Angel Eyes. Will any switch be placed which would be controlled from the Driver's Seat.
3. Which type of Angel Eyes suit a Bright Red Swift. A Chrome one or a Black one. I am attaching a picture of the two taken from EBay.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-swiftpro.jpg  

Old 27th March 2009, 15:21   #2726
BHPian

Hi Raj,

I reckon you are referring to the projector headlamps. The picture that you have posted is of a custom projector headlamp kit. The angel eyes are the white rings surrounding the 2 projectors which will glow white usually when you switch on the parking lights.

Coming to your question, the black matt finish one is definitely the best looking one.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:35   #2727
BHPian

Headlamp upgrade for verna

I installed philips xtreme vision for my verna a few months back. I find the improvement in light marginal when compared to the pathetic stock lights that hyundai gives. If anything maybe the long beam is better, but the low beam is still equally bad. Hoping you guys can answer a few of my questions:
1) Someone had mentioned adding relays for the existing lights. Will this improve the xtreme vision light output?
2) Is it possible to have 2 separate bulbs for high beam and low beam?
3) If i go for the 100/90w bulbs, which is the best option right now that will ensure I dont face any issues in the long run? Im looking at something around 1000 bucks?
4) How much do fog lamp upgrades cost? Can someone suggest an upgrade for the stock verna fogs?
Old 27th March 2009, 15:52   #2728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
1) Someone had mentioned adding relays for the existing lights. Will this improve the xtreme vision light output?
2) Is it possible to have 2 separate bulbs for high beam and low beam?
3) If i go for the 100/90w bulbs, which is the best option right now that will ensure I dont face any issues in the long run? Im looking at something around 1000 bucks?
4) How much do fog lamp upgrades cost? Can someone suggest an upgrade for the stock verna fogs?
Responses to your queries:

1) & 3) : I believe the current bulb is rated 55/60. So going for 100/90 will do no damage to the reflectors nor the casing. And yes, you need a cut-out / relay fixed to help for the higher power requirement. This will be a major change from your existing setup, in terms of throw and visibility. The cost of relay + wiring + bulbs will not cross INR 1000.

2) If you have a high beam + low beam bulb, then you have a H7. To go for a separate bulbs, like H4, which has different bulb for high beam and another bulb for low beam, you will need to change the holder and the wiring itself. Not advised. Warranty issue.

4) Sorry, I have no idea! :(

Last edited by HappyWheels : 27th March 2009 at 15:54. Reason: added cost
Old 27th March 2009, 16:33   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Responses to your queries:

1) & 3) : I believe the current bulb is rated 55/60. So going for 100/90 will do no damage to the reflectors nor the casing. And yes, you need a cut-out / relay fixed to help for the higher power requirement. This will be a major change from your existing setup, in terms of throw and visibility. The cost of relay + wiring + bulbs will not cross INR 1000.

2) If you have a high beam + low beam bulb, then you have a H7. To go for a separate bulbs, like H4, which has different bulb for high beam and another bulb for low beam, you will need to change the holder and the wiring itself. Not advised. Warranty issue.

4) Sorry, I have no idea! :(
Thanks happy wheels.Any suggestion on which brand is good for 100/90 currently? I want the normal yello w light n not white light.
Old 27th March 2009, 17:00   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
No Sir, No relays, cutouts were installed because of warranty issues. Did not want to mess with Chevy wiring.
Nightbreaker series is available in stock wattage ? Cool !!! Now I will try and find someone in Ahmedabad who stocks these.
Thanks,
Adit.
I got Philips Xtreme (stock wattage) installed on my Chevy Aveo U-VA. No relays, nothing additional was needed. I can tell you that these make a hell lot of difference!

For sourcing them - got in touch with Philips India through their website; got a mail promptly with their Surat distributor's details; called him up and got the reference to a local dealer who stocks them. So I am sure I have the genuine stuff. Made sure the packing was as it should be.

Most Viewed