Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 17:47   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Thanks happy wheels.Any suggestion on which brand is good for 100/90 currently? I want the normal yello w light n not white light.
Philips is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
I got Philips Xtreme (stock wattage) installed on my Chevy Aveo U-VA...
I tried them on my Alto, but found the 100/90 more effective. But yes, this is the way to go if the A.S.S jumps about for the warranty issue with regard to the wiring.
Old 27th March 2009, 17:54   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
2) Is it possible to have 2 separate bulbs for high beam and low beam?
3) If i go for the 100/90w bulbs, which is the best option right now that will ensure I dont face any issues in the long run? Im looking at something around 1000 bucks?
4) How much do fog lamp upgrades cost? Can someone suggest an upgrade for the stock verna fogs?
Answers to your queries:

2) No, not possible in the stock headlamps.

3) The 100/90W bulbs do not last long compared to their 60/55W counterparts.

4) The stock bulbs in the fog lamps are H27. It would be difficult to source these bulbs. You can try out HID's.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:39   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Answers to your queries:

2) No, not possible in the stock headlamps.

3) The 100/90W bulbs do not last long compared to their 60/55W counterparts.

4) The stock bulbs in the fog lamps are H27. It would be difficult to source these bulbs. You can try out HID's.
ShyamSCRDI told me that his getz headlamps were getting fogged up after installing his 100/90s. I think his headlamp casing is plastic. Is this the same case with the verna? Does this fogging issue persist for all brands of light? I think his is hella.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:51   #2734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
getz headlamps were getting fogged up after installing his 100/90s.
That's a problem with all Hyundai cars across the range, I think. Seen it in multiple cars, and even HMP asks not to change over to 100/90W lamps because of high chances of reflector damage due to the extra heat.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:54   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ShyamSCRDI told me that his getz headlamps were getting fogged up after installing his 100/90s. I think his headlamp casing is plastic. Is this the same case with the verna? Does this fogging issue persist for all brands of light? I think his is hella.
My Alto has plastic head lamps and I have been using 100/90w since the 3rd month (or so) of purchase. It's been 4 years now and the 3rd (or 4th???) of bulb set.

So, the Getz definitely has some other issue if fogging is there.

EDIT: Infact, because it was plastic I was limited to using 100/90; wanted to use 130/110, but that would have been disastrous.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 27th March 2009 at 19:59.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:55   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
Hi Raj,

I reckon you are referring to the projector headlamps. The picture that you have posted is of a custom projector headlamp kit. The angel eyes are the white rings surrounding the 2 projectors which will glow white usually when you switch on the parking lights.

Coming to your question, the black matt finish one is definitely the best looking one.
Yes. It is indeed the entire Projector setup that I am referring to. Not just the Halo rings from which it derived the name 'Angel Eyes'. Thank you for selecting the colour for the Projector setup.But the remaining questions remain unanswered.I cannot afford a HID at this moment. So wanted to know if I would be able to use a normal H4 Halogen in the Projector setup
Old 27th March 2009, 20:20   #2737
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have planned to fit Angel Eyes for my Bright Red Swift VDI. I contacted MotorPlaza in Trivandrum and they have Angel Eyes. The cost is 9500 which does not include headlights. Only contains LEDs I suppose. Installation charge is Rs 130

Is there anyone from Trivandrum , who has installed Angel Eyes in Swift? If so can you please suggest the shop, price as well as the picture of the installation.

Now I have few queries, which might have been answered before. But the search option in this big thread did not help.

1. Where is the Indicator located in the Angel Eyes setup
2. I have a Diamond Vision headlamp. I plan to buy Philips Xtreme Power as well.Both are H4. Will these two pairs of Halogens be enough to be be fitted on Angel Eyes?
3. How will I control the different lights in Angel Eyes. Will any switch be placed which would be controlled from the Driver's Seat.
3. Which type of Angel Eyes suit a Bright Red Swift. A Chrome one or a Black one. I am attaching a picture of the two taken from EBay.
to answer your queries.
1. it is the little thing above the main projector unit. next to the leds.
2. h4 will not fit in high or low beam since i think the bulb sizes will be h1 or h7. (not quite sure of the sizes but h4 wont fit)
3. from your normal headlamp stalk. when you turn on the parking lights the leds and the halo rings will come on. and for low beam the projectors and high beam the reflectors. just the way you use your present headlamps.
4. its a matter of personal choice IMO the black ones will look much better.

my suggestion is to get 4300k or 6000k hids for the low beam. you should get a decent set for around rs 6k. use any 55/60 or 90/100w bulbs for the high beam, in white if you want them to match.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:19   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
to answer your queries.

my suggestion is to get 4300k or 6000k hids for the low beam. you should get a decent set for around rs 6k. use any 55/60 or 90/100w bulbs for the high beam, in white if you want them to match.
Thank you Akshay for clarifying the doubts that I had. But is it really necessary to go for a HID for the low beam. Does the Low Beam work only with HID? Since I dont have another 6K to spare at this moment, can I use some other Halogen(H1) which would cost under 1000Rs? If so which one do you suggest for the Low Beam and High Beam?
Old 27th March 2009, 22:19   #2739
BHPian

raj84, you may want to check this thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ws-needed.html
Old 27th March 2009, 22:56   #2740
BHPian

Hi guys

Needed your help regarding Palio headlights , was planning to move to more powerful set of bulbs , will not change the low beams . Will only change the high beam bulbs to more powerful ones . So whats brands do u suggest ?? Any views from one who is using them . What all is to be done while moving to more powerful bulbs ... ? etc etc

Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 23:05   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Hi guys

Needed your help regarding Palio headlights , was planning to move to more powerful set of bulbs , will not change the low beams . Will only change the high beam bulbs to more powerful ones . So whats brands do u suggest ?? Any views from one who is using them . What all is to be done while moving to more powerful bulbs ... ? etc etc

Thanks
Go for Osram All Weather. Though Palio has one of the best head lamps. I would never change them but thats just me.
Old 28th March 2009, 01:29   #2742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Thank you Akshay for clarifying the doubts that I had. But is it really necessary to go for a HID for the low beam. Does the Low Beam work only with HID? Since I dont have another 6K to spare at this moment, can I use some other Halogen(H1) which would cost under 1000Rs? If so which one do you suggest for the Low Beam and High Beam?
yup you can use normal halogens till you can get the hids. use any halogens, preferably white if you want it to match with the leds and cfl rings. use something like philips diamond vision or if you want brighter light then osram nightbreaker or something. but i think projectors work best with hids so get them fast and see how much better they are than halogens.
Old 28th March 2009, 09:21   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Go for Osram All Weather. Though Palio has one of the best head lamps. I would never change them but thats just me.
Bhai i already changed them to White osram bulbs and visibility totally sucks ;p , Ab i repent why i wasted money on them. Though i still have the original ones also with me .
Old 28th March 2009, 10:22   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
yup you can use normal halogens till you can get the hids. use any halogens, preferably white if you want it to match with the leds and cfl rings. use something like philips diamond vision or if you want brighter light then osram nightbreaker or something. but i think projectors work best with hids so get them fast and see how much better they are than halogens.
Thanks Akshay. Your reply has given me answer to a question for which I was searching the entire Team-BHP. But it was difficult to provide a search string that would give me the answer on using Halogen in Low Beam. So I will now put on Osram NightBreaker. I think Philips Xtreme Power does not come in H1. I will update once I finalize on the headlights

I am not going for HID as I think it costs atleast 6000Rs. The max I can afford at this moment is 2000.Will add it later
Old 28th March 2009, 10:40   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Osram Nightbreakers dont throw white light. Infact the light is very close to the Fog light color. You can try BlueVision. They are available in H1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks