Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 20:52   #2761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hello Folks,

I am planning to replace the Stock 60/55W Headlamps on my Alto with the Osram Nightbreakers? How good are the Night Breakers and what is the approximate Cost? Where can i get it in Pune?
Will there be a considerable difference compared to the stock Bulbs? Is it worth going for it? Does the wiring need to be changed?
read through the thread, you will find all your answers.
they are much better than stock bulbs. no change of wiring is required. you can get it online on ebay uk for around 950 including shipping. look for a reputed seller.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:37   #2762
Senior - BHPian

P4 HID Kits - Reliability Issue?

Hi Friends,

I had fitted a HID kit for the headlamps of my Swift. I was advised to go in for the P4 HID kits of 6000K. These were fitted in November 2008 and also LEDs for my parking lamps. However, the LED bulbs fused after a month and so did ballast of the left headlamp. As the HID kit was under warranty, i had the same replaced free of cost and changed the LED to ones of a better quality. After a little more than a month, the LEDs fused again and just yesterday the left headlamp failed. This time the bulb had fused. I had the bulb changed again under warranty.

The HID kit has not even completed 6 months but has failed twice already. The LED parking bulbs always seem to fuse but i never have an issue with regular white bulbs. Again, why does only the left ballast or bulb fuse? Ive asked the distributor the same and he claims that sometimes they have encountered multiple complaints with certain cars only, but otherwise the kits have worked perfectly. He however does not claim the kits to be faulty nor does he claim an issue with the electricals of the car.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? I am also planning to fit HIDs in my fogs but reconsidering due to these reliability issues.

Epic
Old 6th April 2009, 22:04   #2763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I would suggest the Philips Rally too. Have tried Halonix +60, but personally found Rally to be better.
I double you. Have been using Rally since quite a while now. Works like a charm
Old 7th April 2009, 14:06   #2764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Yes.Will be going for only a low cost H1 Halogen for the Low Beam at the moment. Will H1 Halogen be available for 500Rs or less?

@Fountainheader: What is the update on your angel eyes from Viper? Have you installed it or still not received it?
Sorry missed this post.

I received my Angels bang on time. With excellent packing. Thanks to Viper

I've been using them since Mid-Feb. Got used to the Low beam HIDs. But I guess lately the wiring has some issues. The HID flickers at times. Need to get it checked.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:28   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I double you. Have been using Rally since quite a while now. Works like a charm

Hi,
I have used both as well, found the light intensity of rally better but the throw(distance) of halonix +60 better.

tnx
Old 8th April 2009, 00:55   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Sorry missed this post.

I received my Angels bang on time. With excellent packing. Thanks to Viper

I've been using them since Mid-Feb. Got used to the Low beam HIDs. But I guess lately the wiring has some issues. The HID flickers at times. Need to get it checked.
Saw your Angel Eyes FH. It looks so bling bling!! Even I am planning to fit one. But I am not too confident with the installers in Trivandrum as they are not experts.I am worried whether they may not do it properly which may affect the car's electrical system. So I am still confused as to whether I should go for it or not. The Bling Bling factor is toooo tempting.
Old 9th April 2009, 07:49   #2767
BHPian

hi people,
this is my first thread in this part of team-bhp. i have booked a fiat linea emotion pack petrol and awaiting its delivery. ever since i was a teen i had been in awe to the bluish white or pure gleaming white light which comes from head light of the vehicles. have never got an oppurtunity to experiment it in my two wheeler or in my santro or in my dad' vehicle ( u know all dads right?). so i want to put that in my linea. have got a few doubts which i wanted to clear

1. is the white light more powerful than the yellow stock light given by the dealer ?
2. will it improve the visibility?
3. can it be housed in the same headlight cabin in the same holder?
4. is this cutout just the same as relay? is there any harm in putting a cutout or a relay?. ( last time when i asked the dealer they said they might need a cut out. i was alarmed that they would cut some portion of my headlamp console. so i did not put. so naive!!)
5. putting white light will it alter the headlight allignment?
6. will it drain my battery soon?
7. my budget is rs3000 for headlight can u suggest me a good model and a effective one too?

please reply
Old 9th April 2009, 16:25   #2768
BHPian

Are there Projector Headlamps available for Chevy Optra Magnum

Hi,
I would like to know if there are any projector headlamps available for Chevy optra magnum. I have been searching for them for sometime but unable to find any. Any information on this will be of great help
Regards,
Obed
Old 10th April 2009, 10:15   #2769
BHPian

Upgraded the headlights of my palio

Hey guys !!

I have upgraded the headlights of my palio yesterday ! Got a wierd combination

1. Flosser (Blue/Silver) H7 70Watts x2 Low Beam 900/pair
2. Phillips Rally H1 100 Watts x2 High Beam 220 /pair

Now my low beam has that whitish silverish look and High Beam has the normal halogen yellow colour. Is this an ok setup ?? I was roaming around a lot of places in JC Road, Blore to find a relay kit and installer, everyone says for a palio relay is not required !! I am surprised with this response but really i dont want to take any chances (I am going to ooty today) and want to get a relay and if possible, a ceramic holder installed so that i dont blow up the electricals

The silver/whitish light is having a good spread, but i am not quite happy with the setup.. i saw it had a yellowish white when they showed me a test in the shop, but finally it turned out to be whitish silver !! it is pretty bright but i dont know how far it would help on a highway .. any inputs?? please let me know where to find a good pair of phillips or osram bulbs 70watts ( some thing higher than 60) and a relay along with it in bangalore??
Old 10th April 2009, 20:16   #2770
Senior - BHPian

How much are Hella 3000 or the newer Hella 3003's in India for a pair ? Would prefer 3003's as there are no known fakes on the market yet.

They are £90 for the 3003's and just over £100 in the UK (pair). Just pondering whether to buy some over here or get them in India.

Last edited by bigman : 10th April 2009 at 20:25.
Old 11th April 2009, 15:08   #2771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
How much are Hella 3000 or the newer Hella 3003's in India for a pair ? Would prefer 3003's as there are no known fakes on the market yet.

They are £90 for the 3003's and just over £100 in the UK (pair). Just pondering whether to buy some over here or get them in India.
AFAIK Hella 3003 are Rs 8000 a pair.But they are mighty big in size and very very heavy.You would need a sturdy bull bar for them.

Go for the newer Hella 4000 or 3000 Compact.These are allegedly 24% smaller in size with almost the same light output.The halogen bulb Compact 4000 comes for about Rs 14K.But the best of the lot is Hella 4000 Compact HID.But HID 4000 Compact are very very expensive.

Hella Xenon & HID Lamps - Hella Rallye 4000 Compact Lamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I would suggest the Philips Rally too. Have tried Halonix +60, but personally found Rally to be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
I suggest you go for Philips Rally. I have it in my zen and I am happy with it.
Same here.I have Philips Rally 130/100 W with complete wiring harness,separate relays for each headlight bulb and bakelite(ceramic) holders.Its foolproof and the best you can get in Halogen bulbs.
Old 11th April 2009, 15:47   #2772
Senior - BHPian

Ultimatechamp

thanks for your response

Are the 3000 and 3003 not the same size (9") ?

I have some 7" spots on the front of my MM550 but fancy getting 9". I can get the required bar welded/bolted to the front to mount them on.

I have been quoted Rs. 6581.25 for a pair of 3000's by Jit Kapoor (someone has posted his business card on this thread).

Last edited by bigman : 11th April 2009 at 15:51.
Old 12th April 2009, 08:02   #2773
BHPian

please suggest

hi people,
this is my first thread in this part of team-bhp. i have booked a fiat linea emotion pack petrol and awaiting its delivery. ever since i was a teen i had been in awe to the bluish white or pure gleaming white light which comes from head light of the vehicles. have never got an oppurtunity to experiment it in my two wheeler or in my santro or in my dad' vehicle ( u know all dads right?). so i want to put that in my linea. have got a few doubts which i wanted to clear

1. is the white light more powerful than the yellow stock light given by the dealer ?
4. is this cutout just the same as relay? is there any harm in putting a cutout or a relay?. ( last time when i asked the dealer they said they might need a cut out. i was alarmed that they would cut some portion of my headlamp console. so i did not put. so naive!!)
7. my budget is rs3000 for headlight can u suggest me a good model and a effective one too?

please reply
Old 12th April 2009, 19:41   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
hi people,
this is my first thread in this part of team-bhp.
Welcome to the forum. All your questions are already covered in this thread multiple times.

Quote:
For lights with same wattage generally the yellow light will provide more visibility than the white ones. The exceptions beings the 'nearly' white +50% silverstars and +80% Night breakers & Xenons with projectors

Quote:
Yellow ones are better for visibility. White ones are more for the bling factor

Quote:
Yep. (Xenons needs projectors though and are out of your budget)

Quote:
I think it is same.

Quote:
Generally, no. Each headlamp reflector is designed for a specific bulb, hence if you change to another brand, some times minor adjustments may be required.

Quote:
If you are replacing bulbs with same wattage, No.

Quote:
Option 0: Adding a relay for the stock lights. Yes this can improve the lumens too.

Option 1: Bulbs with same wattage but providing more lumens [Ex: +50% Osram Silverstars, +50% Philips Vision Plus, +80% Osram Nightbreakers, + 80% Philips ???] - Does not need a relay. Should fit in your budget. Higher the %, the lower the life of the bulb.

Option 2: Bulbs with higher wattage [Ex: Phillips 90/100W Rallye]. Needs a relay + Bakelite holders. Can damage the headlamp assembly in the long run in some cars. Life is generally lower than stock bulbs

Option 3: Bulbs with a little higher wattage than stock [Ex: Osram Hyper bulbs 65/70]. Not sure if these are available in India. These are supposed to provide the same lumens as 90/100 but with the life of stock bulbs.

Last edited by Lord Lucan : 12th April 2009 at 19:42.
Lord Lucan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2009, 20:07   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
That's a problem with all Hyundai cars across the range, I think. Seen it in multiple cars, and even HMP asks not to change over to 100/90W lamps because of high chances of reflector damage due to the extra heat.
thats bad news for me....picking up an i-10 in a week. Found the lighting grossly inadequate while test driving the car, being used to 100/90's on my Maruti 1000 for the last 6 years. Had planned for Philips Rally 130/100's on picking up the i-10.

Folks, any alternatives ? Pls advise as I found it extremely uncomfortable with the stock lighting on the i-10 even in the ten minute drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks