Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 21:13   #2776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
thats bad news for me....picking up an i-10 in a week. Found the lighting grossly inadequate while test driving the car, being used to 100/90's on my Maruti 1000 for the last 6 years. Had planned for Philips Rally 130/100's on picking up the i-10.

Folks, any alternatives ? Pls advise as I found it extremely uncomfortable with the stock lighting on the i-10 even in the ten minute drive.
Why don't you settle with 90/100 Philips rally then? You would get more light than stock but not at the heat level produced by 130.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:28   #2777
BHPian

i'm ok with 100/90's as well as I'd been using these for about 6 years on my previous car. Anyone foresee a problem with this setup on the i-10 ? Also pls advise if there is a Hella model that would fit into the fog lamp slot of the i-10 ?
Old 12th April 2009, 22:38   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
i'm ok with 100/90's as well as I'd been using these for about 6 years on my previous car. Anyone foresee a problem with this setup on the i-10 ? Also pls advise if there is a Hella model that would fit into the fog lamp slot of the i-10 ?
i10 owners could tell if there is any issue specific to the car with 90/100.
Headlight dome looks big enough to take that. I used 90/100 for 6 months and 100/130 for rest in last 3 years in my Santro and no issues with it. With 100/130 , have done many long night drives.
Old 13th April 2009, 05:37   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Headlight dome looks big enough to take that. I used 90/100 for 6 months and 100/130 for rest in last 3 years in my Santro and no issues with it. With 100/130 , have done many long night drives.
thnx shyamhegde. i assume from your post that you have not had issues with the headlamp lens fogging etc. I've heard that the 100/90's also outlast the 130/100's so hopefully this should work for me as well.

Request i-10 owners to give their opinion and suggestions. Also pls advise on hella's to fit into the fog lamp slot of the i-10 and the purchase price of these
Old 13th April 2009, 08:43   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
thnx shyamhegde. i assume from your post that you have not had issues with the headlamp lens fogging etc. I've heard that the 100/90's also outlast the 130/100's so hopefully this should work for me as well
Request i-10 owners to give their opinion and suggestions. Also pls advise on hella's to fit into the fog lamp slot of the i-10 and the purchase price of these

@slipstream - I have been using 100/130 lamps in my WagonR for 3 years now and i have had no issues with the reflector fading/fogging at all. I know of a few friends who have used 100/130 lamps in a Santro without any problems too. I don't know about the i10 but I have a feeling you can safely upgrade to 100/130 lamps for the i10.

Your signature shows that you sold a 1986 model Maruti 1000, are you sure it was a 1986 model? Coz IIRC the maruti 1000 was launched only in 1990. Correct me if i am wrong!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 13th April 2009 at 08:46.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:56   #2781
BHPian

hey Guys !

If any one hadnt yet tried these Flosser bulbs (silver Blue) i think you can go for it !
I have used Flosser H7 70 Watts (SilverBlue) in my palio. I just returned from Ooty, and the trip has about 8 hours of night drive .. continuous night driving for abt 5 hours! Wonderful lights. I never had a problem with visibility, and didnt even use my high beam (Phillips rally 100 watts) anywhere except for dip during overtaking.

The visibility is great with these flosser bulbs and its just 70 watts so doesnt heat up much. Ii dont think the opposite traffic (on the single and double lane after mysore) had much glare, because no one was trying to behave wierd by using high beam . Its a good buy and I would recommend these if you are looking for bulbs with power/visibility more than stock and not heat up much !!

PS: My colleague says Flosser bulbs are used on audi and other popular european cars he he he ....
Old 13th April 2009, 10:08   #2782
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you settle with 90/100 Philips rally then? You would get more light than stock but not at the heat level produced by 130.
The heat generated from the 130s is enough to melt the plastic lens and internal reflector of the headlight of the i10

Cheers,
gpa
Old 13th April 2009, 10:54   #2783
BHPian

[quote=prince85;1257364Your signature shows that you sold a 1986 model Maruti 1000, are you sure it was a 1986 model? Coz IIRC the maruti 1000 was launched only in 1990. Correct me if i am wrong!

Cheers[/quote]

i picked up a prototype

thnx for pointing that out...signature now stands corrected
Old 14th April 2009, 00:43   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Ultimatechamp
thanks for your response
Are the 3000 and 3003 not the same size (9") ?
I have some 7" spots on the front of my MM550 but fancy getting 9". I can get the required bar welded/bolted to the front to mount them on.
I have been quoted Rs. 6581.25 for a pair of 3000's by Jit Kapoor (someone has posted his business card on this thread).
Yes,they are of the same size.Well almost.
3003 is the newer model offcourse,so you would hope to lay your hands on newer technology.

Welded bull bar is a must and do definitely get the stone guards as well as the clear lens guards with the lights.

Price quoted to you is pretty neat,but are they grey price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post

1)For lights with same wattage generally the yellow light will provide more visibility than the white ones.

2)Yellow ones are better for visibility. White ones are more for the bling factor

3)Each headlamp reflector is designed for a specific bulb, hence if you change to another brand, some times minor adjustments may be required.
Lord Lucan Sir,I beg to differ on the above 3 points that you have made.

1)Nope. In order to get a yellow light in the first place,you need a yellow filter or even a yellow color coated bulb.You always get less transmitted light.So visibility is never improved with yellow lights.Its a misconception that yellow light has greater penetrating power,and thats why fog lights nowadays have stopped being yellow.

2)Yellow ones are very rarely found as headlights or main driving lights.White lights are the best bet in terms of visibility and penetration in almost all climatic conditions.Infact,the blue light bulbs used as headlights like the Philips Diamond vision etc and any HID above 6000K are only for the "bling" factor.

3)Headlight reflectors are static objects and you cant just make any adjustments to them however minor they may seem.So-called adjustments are made in the angle a bulb is fitted in the holder and that is usually done by putting the headlight beam against a wall and then adjusting the bulb angle.

Quote:
shyamhegde,
by convention the figures are written as 130/100, 100/90, 60/55 W.
The first figure denotes high beam,the latter one low beam.Its never the other way round.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:02   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

Lord Lucan Sir,I beg to differ on the above 3 points that you have made.

1)Nope. In order to get a yellow light in the first place,you need a yellow filter or even a yellow color coated bulb.You always get less transmitted light.So visibility is never improved with yellow lights.Its a misconception that yellow light has greater penetrating power,and thats why fog lights nowadays have stopped being yellow.

2)Yellow ones are very rarely found as headlights or main driving lights.White lights are the best bet in terms of visibility and penetration in almost all climatic conditions.Infact,the blue light bulbs used as headlights like the Philips Diamond vision etc and any HID above 6000K are only for the "bling" factor.

3)Headlight reflectors are static objects and you cant just make any adjustments to them however minor they may seem.So-called adjustments are made in the angle a bulb is fitted in the holder and that is usually done by putting the headlight beam against a wall and then adjusting the bulb angle.
1 & 2 Looks like terminology mismatch. By yellow light, I meant Stock bulbs. By white light I meant, bulbs with say blue color filters. I think this matches with the context of the orginal poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
hi people,
i have booked a fiat linea emotion pack petrol and awaiting its delivery. ever since i was a teen i had been in awe to the bluish white or pure gleaming white light which comes from head light of the vehicles

1. is the white light more powerful than the yellow stock light given by the dealer ?
3) "Headlight reflectors are static objects" Agreed
"So-called adjustments are made in the angle a bulb is fitted in the holder and that is usually done by putting the headlight beam against a wall and then adjusting the bulb angle." Agreed

The focal points of bulbs of the same type (say H7) will be a little different based on the manufacturer. So headlight alignment may be required after one changes the bulbs. My alignment was all messed up after replacing the stock blubs with Philips vision plus.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:01   #2786
BHPian

Hi, I had upgraded the stock HL's of my alto with phillips rally 100/90 bulbs.. A few months back one of the bulb's high beam conked off so promptly replaces it with a rally 100/90 bulb. A few weeks back, even the other bulb's high beam went kaput, when getting a replacement the dealer gave me Essential Power 100/90 with rally written in small letters.

Now my question is, what is the difference between these two products Rally and Essential Power. Specwise and appeareance wise both are identical.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:19   #2787
BHPian

Hi everyone

Left Side Crystal Vision High Beam in my Indica has gone kaput. Have lasted an Year plus! Am planning to upgrade to Vision Plus now. Where and for how much can I source them in Noida?
Old 14th April 2009, 14:49   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Hi, I had upgraded the stock HL's of my alto with phillips rally 100/90 bulbs.. A few months back one of the bulb's high beam conked off so promptly replaces it with a rally 100/90 bulb. A few weeks back, even the other bulb's high beam went kaput, when getting a replacement the dealer gave me Essential Power 100/90 with rally written in small letters.

Now my question is, what is the difference between these two products Rally and Essential Power. Specwise and appeareance wise both are identical.
Both are the same except marketing gimmick.Check your wiring harness,relays if you have them,and lastly don't shuttle between high and low beams too frequently.Also switch off your headlights at traffic signals.Guess that would be sufficient to delay a third time bulb going kaput.

Quote:
1 & 2 Looks like terminology mismatch. By yellow light, I meant Stock bulbs. By white light I meant, bulbs with say blue color filters. I think this matches with the context of the orginal poster.

Quote:
3) "Headlight reflectors are static objects" .Agreed
"So-called adjustments are made in the angle a bulb is fitted in the holder and that is usually done by putting the headlight beam against a wall and then adjusting the bulb angle." Agreed

Quote:
The focal points of bulbs of the same type (say H7) will be a little different based on the manufacturer. So headlight alignment may be required after one changes the bulbs. My alignment was all messed up after replacing the stock blubs with Philips vision plus.
My point exactly Sir.What needs to be realigned is the focal point of the bulb after every bulb change,and that is done by adjusting the bulb position and focus.Never touch the reflectors,except when you want to clean them.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:45   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Yes,they are of the same size.Well almost.
3003 is the newer model offcourse,so you would hope to lay your hands on newer technology.

Welded bull bar is a must and do definitely get the stone guards as well as the clear lens guards with the lights.

Price quoted to you is pretty neat,but are they grey price?
No they are not grey imports for the 3000's but a price from a hella reseller in Delhi.

Slight problem with the 3003's there are no official stone guards available and the place I was going to get them from are unsure if the 3000 protectors will fit. They are going to get some 3000 model stone protectors and check to see if they fit on the 3003's. Otherwise I guess I might look at the 3000's or some PIAA.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:17   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Just bought a pair of Hella 3003's. As mentioned in my previous post there are no stone protectors for these but it will not take much to make some elasticated PVC material protectors with some plastic and padding to protect the lens. They used to use such PVC protectors on cibie spotlights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks