Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 10:26   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Hi everyone

Left Side Crystal Vision High Beam in my Indica has gone kaput. Have lasted an Year plus! Am planning to upgrade to Vision Plus now. Where and for how much can I source them in Noida?
IIRC vision plus are no longer produced by philips, now you have the x-treme power +80%s They cost about 900 per pair, worth every paisa .
Old 20th April 2009, 10:44   #2792
BHPian

Installed Hella 90/135 in my swift. Tested it yesterday. Its too good.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:39   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

shyamhegde,
by convention the figures are written as 130/100, 100/90, 60/55 W.
The first figure denotes high beam,the latter one low beam.Its never the other way round.

Thanks for the education, Champ.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:47   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
IIRC vision plus are no longer produced by philips, now you have the x-treme power +80%s They cost about 900 per pair, worth every paisa .
Are they white in color ? And available in H1 ?

I have Osram Night breakers on my Angel eyes. But the yellow of the Osrams dont match with the 4300K HIDs :(
Old 20th April 2009, 16:00   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I have Osram Night breakers on my Angel eyes. But the yellow of the Osrams dont match with the 4300K HIDs :(

You may want to change the Night breakers with diamond vision. They are pretty much near by to HIDs.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:37   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Hi,
I have been able to find pair of Vision Plus for my Car. Just awaiting to get them fixed and will update you on the performance.
As far as I know Philips were not able to market it properly and people also tend to fall for the Bling Blue lights.

Can you please share, how you are able to get 17+ kpl from your Turbo DLX. I have never been able to draw more than 14-15. One reason could be my driving style
Old 20th April 2009, 19:48   #2797
BHPian

Hi All,

I have put Philips Essential Vision 90/100w with Bosch relay to my Getz. I want to replace the existing fog lamp bulbs.
Do I have to fit another relay to accommodate the new ones or the one for headlights can be used for the same?
Another point is that in the Owner's Manual the wattage for the fog-lamp bulbs is 27. Is it so low? What is the wattage advisable with and without relay for the new bulbs
Kindly recommend new ones.
Thank You.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:28   #2798
BHPian

I got my swift washed at one of the outlets in ORR. That guy washed my engine compartment and screwed my HID relay. Its a chinese Bixenon HID kit i got from US last year. Can i get a spare relay here in bangalore or chennai ?
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:30   #2799
BHPian

HID - H7s and H1s

I am thinking to but a set of HIDs for my Palio (H1 and H7). Which brand I should consider ? What is the best one, is it 6000K ? What is the price of a pair of good HIDs ?

Please guide me if there are old posts on same topic.

Thank You,

Raneesh

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd April 2009 at 22:56. Reason: Search please
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:22   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Are they white in color ? And available in H1 ?

Dude I totally agree with you on this. I've got the exact same setup and the highbeams actually fall shorter. High beams are a joke in my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
You may want to change the Night breakers with diamond vision. They are pretty much near by to HIDs.
Whats the wattage on the diamond vision? will it melt the angel eyes?

I'm basically looking for an option that will make the high beams comparable to the HIDs without causing any damage to the setup. I'm currently on osram nightbreakers. I think they are 55w

Last edited by Zahir : 23rd April 2009 at 00:32.
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:04   #2801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post

I'm basically looking for an option that will make the high beams comparable to the HIDs without causing any damage to the setup. I'm currently on osram nightbreakers. I think they are 55w
comparable in what way? power or looks? if power then hids is the only way. for looks then diamond vision.
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:37   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
comparable in what way? power or looks? if power then hids is the only way. for looks then diamond vision.
Let me put it this way, its pointless using my high beams because the low beam throw is just so much more. I want something comparable in terms of throw. Again, without damaging the setup
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:49   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Hi,
I have been able to find pair of Vision Plus for my Car. Just awaiting to get them fixed and will update you on the performance.
As far as I know Philips were not able to market it properly and people also tend to fall for the Bling Blue lights.

Can you please share, how you are able to get 17+ kpl from your Turbo DLX. I have never been able to draw more than 14-15. One reason could be my driving style

Hi everyone!
I finally got Vision Plus for my ride. After using Crystal Vision for almost an year plus I find them quite yellowish but I find the light to be far better than Crystal Vision. I got them for Rs. 600/- a pair from a shop in Sec 16 Noida. He is left with another pair if anybody wants one. You can contact me for the details.

regards
Old 24th April 2009, 13:54   #2804
BHPian

Have a LS Magnum Diesel and want to upgrade the headlight bulbs. But without changing the wiring or installing any relays. Need it for a City + Highway combination. Can you suggest and if possible a place to buy in Gurgaon or South Delhi.
Old 25th April 2009, 09:46   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Have a LS Magnum Diesel and want to upgrade the headlight bulbs. But without changing the wiring or installing any relays. Need it for a City + Highway combination. Can you suggest and if possible a place to buy in Gurgaon or South Delhi.
Try sourcing Philips Xtreme Power. They are 55/60 with 80% more lighting i.e. you'll need not to change any wiring or relay. New Optra Headlights are H4 i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Dude I totally agree with you on this. I've got the exact same setup and the highbeams actually fall shorter. High beams are a joke in my car...

Diamond vision are 55/60 and will not melt angel eyes anyways. Diamond vision is the only effective option to give HID like effect, but beware light throw of diamond vision ain't that good. It is more or less same as regular 55/60 wattage bulbs.

Most Viewed