Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 23:17   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
How would the following bulbs be arranged in order of light output alone. After two months of heavy rain, I'm in no mood for blue light , white - (4000-4300K, maybe)

Philips Xtremepower
Osram Nightbreaker
Philips Blue Vision 100/90
Philips Essential Vision 100/90
Philips Rallye 100/90

any other good 100/90's I might have missed out
green, 4000-4300 isnt white. Check posts by souljah. The right spec for all weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335254-post7.html

Out of the lot, Philips Rally 100/90 or 130/100 are the best in terms of illumination. Bright halogen bulbs!

Second come the Blue vision 100/90. And then the Philips Essential Vision 100/90. Rest follow.

Another suggestion is Halonix +60 100/90 bulbs. Very good VFM bulbs!
Would really recommend rallys and bosch ones.

OT, Halonix and Ever Ready (batteries) joined hands?
Old 11th June 2009, 23:54   #2957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
How would the following bulbs be arranged in order of light output alone. After two months of heavy rain, I'm in no mood for blue light , white - (4000-4300K, maybe)

Philips Xtremepower
Osram Nightbreaker
Philips Blue Vision 100/90
Philips Essential Vision 100/90
Philips Rallye 100/90

any other good 100/90's I might have missed out
IMO - Osram Nightbreaker and Philips Extreme Power are neck and neck. They come in stock wattages (55 or 60) and give great light.

The others are really far behind.

The Rallye are OK for external auxilarry lights but cause problems in headlamp units.

Try the nightbreakers or Extreme power alongwith relays and ceramic holders. The relays make a difference to the light output too.

Cheers,
Old 12th June 2009, 00:06   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
green, 4000-4300 isnt white. Check posts by souljah. The right spec for all weather.

Would really recommend rallys and bosch ones.

OT, Halonix and Ever Ready (batteries) joined hands?
I do agree with on on the 4000-4300k aspect. But Philips Blue Vision in 4000K are pretty neat (more on the yellow side).

The tie up is for housing and industrial lighting.

Quote:
In June 2007 Eveready Industries India Ltd entered into a sales and distribution tie-up with Phoenix Lamps Ltd for selling CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) under the brand name Eveready Halonix. Phoenix Lamps Ltd an Indo Japanese Joint Venture with a total investment of over US$ 40 million with 4 plants having a production capacity of over 130 million lamps a year, benchmarked to international regulations for Quality, Performance and Safety.
Read more at: Source: Eveready Industries
Old 12th June 2009, 00:09   #2959
Senior - BHPian

after playing with the white light for some time, the rains began. after driving through near zero visiblity on the highway for some 100kms, decided to chuck those bloody things out.
in came philips rallye 100/130 . thumbs up all the way!!!
Old 12th June 2009, 00:40   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Anshu, its avalaible at on wheels. just make sure pappu doesn't do the job.
Trust me, I wont let him touch my cars. The entire headlamp wiring on my zen burnt out after Mr. Pappu upgraded the lights.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:08   #2961
BHPian

Hi friends,

I went in for the 100/90 bulbs on my Hyundai Accent petrol and fitted the following accessories:

Roots harness with ceramic holders - Rs. 470.
Roots relay - Rs. 150.
Bulbs - Philips Rally 100/90 - Rs. 145 each.

Bulbs - Philips Rally 130/100 would have cost me Rs. 190 each.

The auto elec fit the female socket in the left bulb's holder...put the new roots holder in the left socket. he connected the other new roots holder to the right headlight socket. The existing right holder will now play a dummy. So the old wires are still being used to connect the 100/90 bulb but new relay would be used. he also identified a slight leak in coolant and fixed it using anabond.

The lights are working great now. If i muster the courage in a few months, i will go in for 130/100 next!

The mechanic is a pal. He works with Hyundai A.S.S. and doesnt do freelancing. Gave him Rs. 250 and a pack of Dunhill cigarettes along with some free legal help though even i do not do freelancing

Cheers,
Harsha Chandra Shekar
Old 12th June 2009, 12:13   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
IMO - Osram Nightbreaker and Philips Extreme Power are neck and neck. They come in stock wattages (55 or 60) and give great light.

The others are really far behind.

The Rallye are OK for external auxilarry lights but cause problems in headlamp units.

Try the nightbreakers or Extreme power alongwith relays and ceramic holders. The relays make a difference to the light output too.

Cheers,
+1

Between Extreme Power and Night Breaker, other T-BHPians have suggested that Extreme Power is much better in terms of illumination in normal conditions as well as rain. Ext.Pow is whitish yellowish where as Night Breaker is whitish bluish which is not good in rain. One of the T-BHPians has even posten a detailed review and experience on these 2 bulbs on this same thread. Pls search. After going through all the reviews on this thread, i have gone for Extreme Power myself. I am happy with it.
Old 14th June 2009, 00:22   #2963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335254-post7.html

Out of the lot, Philips Rally 100/90 or 130/100 are the best in terms of illumination. Bright halogen bulbs!

Second come the Blue vision 100/90. And then the Philips Essential Vision 100/90. Rest follow.

Another suggestion is Halonix +60 100/90 bulbs. Very good VFM bulbs!
Just got Philips Rally 100/90, Bosch mini relays (x2) [impressive looking - I must add!] and Roots ceramic holders (x2) installed in my Getz today.

Initial impression is quite positive. Could not get to do a long drive, but what I could see was good throw/coverage and the illumination is also quite nice.

I had no idea which bulb to go for (i.e. blue/white/yellow/4x00k whatever), so went with what my mechanic suggested.

OT - Why does everyone call it Rallye when its actually just Rally?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 14th June 2009 at 00:24.
Old 14th June 2009, 14:38   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Just got Philips Rally 100/90, Bosch mini relays (x2) [impressive looking - I must add!] and Roots ceramic holders (x2) installed in my Getz today.

Initial impression is quite positive. Could not get to do a long drive, but what I could see was good throw/coverage and the illumination is also quite nice.

I had no idea which bulb to go for (i.e. blue/white/yellow/4x00k whatever), so went with what my mechanic suggested.

Good call Nishant. Do post a picture of the Bosch mini relay, would like to see.

Rally was never Rallye. It's the same reason why some people spell Maruti and Maruthi!

Also, don't worry about the bulbs that you've installed. Philips Rally come as simple halogens only. No colour options in that!
Old 14th June 2009, 15:01   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good call Nishant. Do post a picture of the Bosch mini relay, would like to see.

Rally was never Rallye. It's the same reason why some people spell Maruti and Maruthi!

Also, don't worry about the bulbs that you've installed. Philips Rally come as simple halogens only. No colour options in that!
Thanks for the confirmation Ankit. After reading through so many pages in this thread, I was actually confused what bulbs to go for!

Will click somepics today and post at night.

In fact, my previous bulbs were Philips Vision+ which I saw had a blue coating at the tip, although the light throw was white in colour. They were 60/55W but much better than the stock ones on the Getz (the car is known to come with very poor stock lighting).

OT - Are you the same Ankit Ahuja - friend of VK Navin, working with E&Y?
Old 14th June 2009, 15:39   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation Ankit. After reading through so many pages in this thread, I was actually confused what bulbs to go for!

Will click somepics today and post at night.

In fact, my previous bulbs were Philips Vision+ which I saw had a blue coating at the tip, although the light throw was white in colour. They were 60/55W but much better than the stock ones on the Getz (the car is known to come with very poor stock lighting).

OT - Are you the same Ankit Ahuja - friend of VK Navin, working with E&Y?
No worries, Nishant. Sorry, I'm not the Ankit Ahuja that you're talking of

It is somewhat confusing; what to buy and what not to buy. That's why it's best to demo it in your own car or someone who has the same car as yours. I say your 'own car' since headlamp assemblies differ a hell lot from each other. What suits the WagonR might not suit the Accent, and what is unsatisfactory on an Accent will be super in a Santro.
Hyundai generally has good quality reflectors and bulb matching is not a hassle. Nothing beats the Santro in this region!

Also, it's is completely my personal preference to have yellow bulbs than whitish/blueish ones, since the latter are more for good looks than practicality. Unless one is using HID in 4300k, which are a lot better than white lighting.

Last edited by ankitahuja : 14th June 2009 at 15:40.
Old 14th June 2009, 20:39   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Gave him Rs. 250 and a pack of Dunhill cigarettes along with some free legal help though even i do not do freelancing
250 for plugging in a couple of bulbs and a harness? Bangalore is very expensive!
Old 14th June 2009, 22:48   #2968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here are the pics of the Bosch mini relays and back of the ceramic holders. Could not click pics of the actual install as I had left the car with my mechanic.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-nish-pics-037.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-nish-pics-041.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-nish-pics-039.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-nish-pics-038.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 15th June 2009, 17:50   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Initially i went for hella 100/90 but later Philips Rally 130/100 (not bought at satya, got it from a friend).
It is now close to an year and no issues with it. So, I do not question the quality of the kit.
I too had gone for 100/90 - think it was Philips in 1st place but one of them broke during installation & couldnt be replaced since stock wasn't readily available. Then I had to go for Hella 100/90.
Absolutely no problems ever since. Evo did a great job (thanks a ton Satya).
Advaith Hyundai guys also had a look at the wiring & were ok with it.

Shyam - how was your reflectors after switching to 100/90? I've noticed that both of the reflectors have become slightly dull, incld the LHS one which was brand new at that time. I am sure that with 130/100, your reflectors must be getting fried
However the spread & reach of beams is excellent, even in rains. Also oncoming traffic doesnt get blinded unlike those Whitish/Bluish beams.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:47   #2970
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Actually Rallye is the series of fog lamps from Hella, I guess people might be confusing it with Philips Rally series of automotive bulbs..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks