Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 11:46   #3016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you are continuously using stuff such that the alternator current is less than the drain current, your battery will eventually go dead.
So it depends on how much current are your neons drawing.
since you have just one AMP driving the sub, it should not be a problem unless you see your headlights flickering rythemically to the Bass.
Related to your comment - I am running a single 4 channel amp and notice something. If my headlamps are on and the interior lamp is also on (while the ICE is running), I notice that the interior lamp rythmically dips slightly in brightness with the beats from the subwoofer. Although I have this setup for quite some time with no untoward affect on the batteries yet - I was wondering if I should 'rectify' something. Maybe:

1. Use a heavier grounding kit in the electricals.
2. Use a capacitor with the ICE (an installer suggested this, though I am not sure).
Old 1st July 2009, 12:00   #3017
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Dear Manju, how's the performance in rain? Osram NB during nights are pathetic & also the throw of high beam is not that good for highway drive. I remember reading a review in this thread, saying xtreme's highbeam throw is far better than NB.
Suda,

I've been using the Xtreme power bulbs for close to a year now. Performace wise they are great in the rains. The highbeam throw is excellent and the bulbs have a good lifespan as well.

If you are looking to upgrade your lighting without addition of relays and higher wattage bulbs, these Xtreme power bulbs from Philips are your best bet.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 1st July 2009, 15:41   #3018
BHPian

Hi all,
I need to upgrade my stock headlights of my WagonR Lxi as i find it difficult to drive during rains. Which are the lights should i go for which has the same wattage as stock but with better visibility during rains, without installing any relays(as i do not want to spoil my warranty )

Thanks,
Ramki.

MODS: Please delete my earlier (same) post in " Accessory/Part Reviews" section.Thanks

Last edited by ramki067 : 1st July 2009 at 15:42.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:00   #3019
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi all,
I need to upgrade my stock headlights of my WagonR Lxi as i find it difficult to drive during rains. Which are the lights should i go for which has the same wattage as stock but with better visibility during rains, without installing any relays(as i do not want to spoil my warranty)

Thanks,
Ramki.
Ramki,

You can go for the Philips Xtreme Power bulbs. They provide stunning performance and do not need any modification to the wiring. I have been using them for close to a year and the illumination is really good in its power range.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 1st July 2009, 17:18   #3020
BHPian

Dear gpa, just went & picked the Xtreams from AK Traders & I've to install them tonight & see the performance.
PS: These are made in China & not Germany! Mittal was tellign that Phillips has manufacturing facilities in various countries & for Asea all from China. Is it so?

BTW 've you tried their(Phillips) HID?
Old 1st July 2009, 18:47   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Dear gpa, just went & picked the Xtreams from AK Traders --
What was the cost of philips extreme vision?
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:25   #3022
BHPian

Cost Rs.800/= incl of Vat.

Installed the bulbs. Compared to Nightbreakers, I felt they are not that bright. I've to try them in dark roads. I want to check on high beam throw. AK Traders person was recommending HID(Phillips) for ultimate lighting. They 've the bulb type-H4 & it can be just fixed to the original beams without any alterations. The bulb is sliding type & it works as low & high beam like regular H4. The cost of 2bulbs, Ballaster wiring kit all together Rs.8,250/=. For bulbs they give 6 months warranty & for ballaster no guarantee!. I'm prepared to take risk & like to go for HIDs, but my concern is its highbeam throw on highway with original reflectors(Swift). Many recommend projector housing for HID bulbs. What I want is best illumination of road & not get noticed by brightness. Any one using this Phillips HID in Swift with orginal reflectors? Kindly share your experience. If not this HID, I feel like to switch over to Ralley 100/90
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:45   #3023
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear gpa, just went & picked the Xtreams from AK Traders & I've to install them tonight & see the performance.
PS: These are made in China & not Germany! Mittal was tellign that Phillips has manufacturing facilities in various countries & for Asea all from China. Is it so?

BTW 've you tried their(Phillips) HID?
Suda,

Yes, Philips does have a manufacturing hub in China and Mr. Mittal is right when he says that the bulbs are from there. I would not doubt the veracity of his claims as all the products I have bought from him are genuine.

Nope, I have not tried the HID kit of Philips though Mr. Mittal had mentioned it to me more than once

Cheers,
gpa
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:35   #3024
Senior - BHPian

I recently upgraded to 100/90W Philips Rally, along with Bosch Relay, Roots ceramic holder and required wiring.

However, two issues have cropped up:
1. a) The speedo needle has started behaving in a strange manner. Whenever the time between switching off and restarting the engine is less than 1-1.5 minutes (e.g. if I switch off the car at a red signal), I see the needle surge to 100 kmph whenever the car is started.

b) Last evening I noticed that the rear right brake light is not coming on during braking. The bulb is not blown, since lights flash when central locking is used (flashes during locking/unlocking).

Are these issues related to the recent headlight upgrade? (I doubt the former would be linked, as it is the rear assembly)

2. The beam adjustment has gone awry. I did not realize this initially as I was driving within city and street lights were playing down the focus of the headlight beams.

However, I recently went on a long highway drive (part of which was dense fog) and I noticed that the left beam is going totally towards the right, whereas the right beam is pointing straight, but downwards. High beams are only as effective as low beams.

I hope this is just a focus adjustment problem and nothing major?

Now my problem is that no electrician/garage is willing to stay open after dark, especially during Mumbai rains. So I am thinking of adjusting the beams myself. Can some Getz owners throw light on doing this myself?

The electrician/garage who did it is quite trustworthy and definitely much more than your regular HASS. So before blaming it on him, I would like to re-confirm my doubts here.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:46   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

b) Last evening I noticed that the rear right brake light is not coming on during braking. The bulb is not blown, since lights flash when central locking is used (flashes during locking/unlocking).
The central locking usually flashes the turn indicator bulbs, not the brake lights..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

I hope this is just a focus adjustment problem and nothing major?
Yes it can be very much done as a DIY. There are a few threads here where ppl have done the adjustments on their own..
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:02   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
The central locking usually flashes the turn indicator bulbs, not the brake lights...
My Xenos is configured to flash the headlamps and brake light bulbs. Autocop was configured on the turn indicator bulbs on my Indica.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:06   #3027
BHPian

I had changed all my indicator turn signal bulbs to leds and i observed when i have the turn signal, left or right, it flash's very fast. When i put the hazard on the flash is at the normal speed. Now what could this be due to..
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:16   #3028
Senior - BHPian

LED's drain less current, and this affects the Timer. You will need to add a load resistor in parallel to make sure that the current drain remains the same
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:50   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
LED's drain less current, and this affects the Timer. You will need to add a load resistor in parallel to make sure that the current drain remains the same

Hey Green horn , thanks for that input mate, now how can we do this?. Will changing the timer sort this issue, the catch here is that the hazard works perfect, it is the same bulbs and the same current source. The issue is only when I use the turn signals. Please advice mate..
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:55   #3030
Senior - BHPian

easiest way is to connect the old indicator bulb itself in parallel.
otherwise
eBay.co.uk Guides - Load resistors for LED indicator bulb replacement

Most Viewed