Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 22:04   #3541
BANNED

I have managed to get hands on Laura Low Beam projectors in immaculate condition which i plan to retrofit in my car headlights .
Could anyone please tell what is the OEM type of bulbs used in Laura light s.
I mean like simple halogen , HID ( What K , Color) ?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc00512-medium.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc00513-medium.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc00514-medium.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 11:55   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
@SX4LOVER
Wonder Car's accessory shop, attached to their workshop near Telco, had some HID kits with 1 year warranty. They had also said they had 100/90 rated Philips Rally bulbs along with Bosch relay (or was it Hella?) and wiring kit which they could install in my Swift.

I did not get it installed since the relay kit did not have ceramic/bakelite holders. Once I get hold of these holders, I might get it installed from them. They had quoted Rs. 1250 for the install.

@everyone
Does anyone know how the wiring is done when upgrading to higher rated bulbs? How is the wiring kit included in the relay kit connected to the existing wiring harness & battery? Do they have to connect the new wiring kit directly to the battery? I just want to make sure that the accessory guys do it correctly.
what difference do ceramic holders make??
Thanx a lot. will try speaking to wonder guys.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:18   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
what difference do ceramic holders make??
Thanx a lot. will try speaking to wonder guys.
Ceramic holders are more heat resistant than the normal plastic holders that come as OE. If you are upgrading bulbs to a higher wattage, it is recommended to get ceramic bulb holders since the extra heat generated from these bulbs will/can melt the plastic ones.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:52   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
@SX4LOVER
@everyone
Does anyone know how the wiring is done when upgrading to higher rated bulbs? How is the wiring kit included in the relay kit connected to the existing wiring harness & battery? Do they have to connect the new wiring kit directly to the battery? I just want to make sure that the accessory guys do it correctly.
Hi Biju,
If you are going in for a wiring kit, the kit will have a socket which will accomodate one of the existing holders. So you just need to plug in the existing holder in the sockets in the kit. Thus the power will be transferred to the kit using that holder and the other holder will be a dummy. The kit will itself have two holders (usually ceramic and good quality ones which can withstand the heat) into which the bulbs will be fitted. So you do not have to tamper with the existing wiring at all. Not a single wire will have to be spliced etc. This is my experience with the roots relay.
Hope this clarifies matters for you.
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:59   #3545
BHPian

Got my hands on this 36 LED block to be used for in-cabin lighting! Yet to install them.

A friend has the same 18 LED block in his Accent and it lights up pretty well. Short LED life is a concern, since 3-4 have now conked off!
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-mobile030.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 20:31   #3546
BANNED

Could anyone tell me where can i get the D2S type HID's in Delhi and for how much ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:57   #3547
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me What is the price of Phillips rally H4 90/100w bulb price ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:51   #3548
BHPian

Team,
Any idea from where I can get OSRAM Night breaker H3 12v/55W in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Can anyone tell me What is the price of Phillips rally H4 90/100w bulb price ?
Should be around 300 for a pair.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 23rd December 2009 at 21:52.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:27   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Team,
Any idea from where I can get OSRAM Night breaker H3 12v/55W in Bangalore?

Should be around 300 for a pair.
Thanks @ hotchillypepper

Saw few Night breakers at whitefield honda not sure about H3.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:44   #3550
BHPian

Hi ,

Can some one guide me with the price of white light - which comes in Merc for Innova. I had check and they said its about 9500 INR - bulbs and cutout only.

They said it increases the light distance from 20mts to 50mts and is very bright.

Also guide me about 190 or white light which is better ?
Old 24th December 2009, 11:55   #3551
BHPian

HID Kit issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
id say get your electrical system check. from your alternator to your battery. the lights seem to be putting alot of strain on your cars electrics when they are switched on. hids use the most current when they are just switched on.
Thanks Akshay. I checked the system at an authorized service centre, and all the connections were found ok. Then I took the car again to the accessories shop and they checked the unit, and found one of the bulbs to be defective. Immediately, the guy went inside and took a bulb from another HID kit and replaced my bulb. He then put my defective bulb to that kit, and kept it there. I asked him, how he can keep a defective bulb in that kit and he said they will mark it as defective and will not sell to anybody!!. I DO NOT believe what he said, and some other unfortunate customer will have to bear with that defective piece.
With this incident, I seriously doubt the authenticity of the accessories from these so called accessories shops. Most of the cases, if you know these guys personally, you will get good accessories. Else, it is just a gamble.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:28   #3552
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPians,

I am a novice Auto Lighting & could not find a better forum to ask few querries about my scorpio. To start with the basic information, I have a Stock Scorpio SLX which travel a lot to different terrains (including hilly & foggy). Most of the travelling is in the night & i drive it myself. To improve its lighting need suggestions on

1. Should I opt for Fog Lamps or Hella's . If Fog Lamps which colour & if Hella what specification
2. Should I go for HID (Phillips). What would be the prices. I got a quote for Rs.4500/-
3. Is it ok to get installation done out side the A.S.S.
4 What should be my budget to get a decent (50%) increase (using either FOG lamps / Hella)
Old 24th December 2009, 12:36   #3553
Senior - BHPian

guys im planning on getting osram night breakers on my innova.
i was wondering if there is any need for cut-outs? or the existing system is good enough?
Old 24th December 2009, 13:48   #3554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Hi Biju,
If you are going in for a wiring kit, the kit will have a socket which will accomodate one of the existing holders. So you just need to plug in the existing holder in the sockets in the kit. Thus the power will be transferred to the kit using that holder and the other holder will be a dummy. The kit will itself have two holders (usually ceramic and good quality ones which can withstand the heat) into which the bulbs will be fitted. So you do not have to tamper with the existing wiring at all. Not a single wire will have to be spliced etc. This is my experience with the roots relay.
Hope this clarifies matters for you.
Cheers,
Harsha
Thank you Harsha. Your explanation has cleared my basic doubt. I will take a look at the kit once again now, armed with this information.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:04   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
guys im planning on getting osram night breakers on my innova.
i was wondering if there is any need for cut-outs? or the existing system is good enough?
I understand that Osram Nightbreakers are 60/55W and therefore would not require a cut out. They emit more light but their life is shorter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks