Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 18:29   #4696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Would anyone know if the Hella Projectors will fit in the bumper fog lamps of the Pajero SFX. From the looks of it - it seems it would, but then I want to be sure before I buy them.

Anyone used those Projectors from Hella ??

Thanks
Old 24th January 2011, 18:45   #4697
Senior - BHPian

Does Phillips rally 100/90 conk off soon? Mine high beam went bust yesterday,within 7 months of purchase. I bought another pair today and the shop keeper said usually the high beam filament gets damaged. Is this true, what other option s do I have? Asked for Hella, none had them, so had to settle for Phillips. I don't want to buy a new pair of bulbs every 6-7 months
Old 24th January 2011, 19:30   #4698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Does Phillips rally 100/90 conk off soon? Mine high beam went bust yesterday,within 7 months of purchase. I bought another pair today and the shop keeper said usually the high beam filament gets damaged. Is this true, what other option s do I have? Asked for Hella, none had them, so had to settle for Phillips. I don't want to buy a new pair of bulbs every 6-7 months
Genuine Philips bulbs wont conk off that easily. Many of my friends are using Philips rally bulbs and it's still working fine for them. Make sure that the relay is installed properly. Faulty relay connections can damage the bulb. Also, since it's the high beam that's going off, I seriously doubt that there's something wrong with the connection.
Did you use branded relays, ceramic holders and wires for this setup? If not, that's the reason.

Cheers.
Old 24th January 2011, 19:31   #4699
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here tried the Osram Nightbreaker Plus?
Old 24th January 2011, 20:57   #4700
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that these high power bulbs have a shortened life span of 6 months or longer.

HTH
Old 24th January 2011, 21:19   #4701
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am planning to upgrade my Punto's headlights. Budget is not much (<2000 Rs.), so projector setups & HIDs is out of question.

But I would like to have a powerful white coloured branded bulb... any recommendations?
Old 24th January 2011, 22:27   #4702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Genuine Philips bulbs wont conk off that easily. Many of my friends are using Philips rally bulbs and it's still working fine for them. Make sure that the relay is installed properly. Faulty relay connections can damage the bulb. Also, since it's the high beam that's going off, I seriously doubt that there's something wrong with the connection.
Did you use branded relays, ceramic holders and wires for this setup? If not, that's the reason.

Cheers.
My friend's Phillip rally worked for around two years.

I got the wiring done from a shop recommended in TBHP directory. Yeah, running on Hella relays and ceramic holders. Another friend got the lamps changed at the same place but with Hella bulbs after a month of my change. His is working fine.
Old 24th January 2011, 23:57   #4703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not truw. I'm running Philips Rally 100/90 for over 1.5+ years and its completely trouble free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Cheers.
True that. Make sure you use branded (i.e. good quality) relay and ceramic holders - not to mention good, branded, heavy duty wiring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I am planning to upgrade my Punto's headlights. Budget is not much (<2000 Rs.), so projector setups & HIDs is out of question.

But I would like to have a powerful white coloured branded bulb... any recommendations?
Answers abound in this thread mate!

Ceramic holders, Bosch/Roots relay, good quality wiring and your choice of 100/90w or 130/100w bulbs and you are good to go under 1200 bucks!!
Old 25th January 2011, 02:52   #4704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Anyone here tried the Osram Nightbreaker Plus?
I use Osram Nightbreakers on my i20. been more than a year and a half, still going strong.
Old 25th January 2011, 03:07   #4705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a friends Honda City change to Philips Rally 100/90 from stock bulbs and withing a couple of months the high beam conked off on one of the bulbs. So went and replaced with another set, even that conked off (high beam only) after a couple of months, then changed over to Hella ones and it has been working well for few months now. So probably something to do with Philips bulbs. Hellas were much cheaper than Philips too.
Old 25th January 2011, 19:32   #4706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I had a friends Honda City change to Philips Rally 100/90 from stock bulbs and withing a couple of months the high beam conked off on one of the bulbs. So went and replaced with another set, even that conked off (high beam only) after a couple of months, then changed over to Hella ones and it has been working well for few months now. So probably something to do with Philips bulbs. Hellas were much cheaper than Philips too.
They both cost the same dude. Priced around 150 bucks a piece. Interestingly, the Phillips bulbs are Indian/German 'made'. According to the shop keeper, the Indian ones have MRP on the box, while the Germans don't have them. I checked the Indian and German made cartons and whatever he said was true.They had 'Made in Germany' /'Made in India' print on the bulbs. To what extent this is true, you decide.
Old 25th January 2011, 19:35   #4707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Ceramic holders, Bosch/Roots relay, good quality wiring and your choice of 100/90w or 130/100w bulbs and you are good to go under 1200 bucks!!
Yes, what i want to know is which 100/90W bulb should i go for?
Old 25th January 2011, 19:40   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Hi guys,
Recently I got sun film on my alto's(800) windshield. Though the film is not dark, I am facing problems driving in night. My alto is running on the stock headlight, and I use only Low Beam. I am able to see only the road as far as the light throw, not able to see pedestrians or other obstacles.

Please suggest an upgrade for better visiblity.
Try 90/100w bosch bulbs which can sort out the visibility problem.You would need to add relay to get these bulbs on. Buy from Authorised Bosch stores. It costed me 125 per bulb in Bangalore and they really last long.

Last edited by maximus. : 25th January 2011 at 19:43.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:51   #4709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys recently, I changed the Headlight bulbs of my 2000 Zen to Philips Rally 130/100. I am facing a problem with the passenger side Headlight. I am unable to align it vertically. That is to say, even after trying to lift its height to match the Driver Side Headlight, we are unable to do it. I got it checked by the MASS here and they also tried and failed to lift it after a certain limit, finally, they took out the bulb and we could clearly make out a bend in the bulb. Ironically, we have no problems trying to lower its height.
Is the reflector etc. okay and only the bulb is defective?
What to do?
Okay guys, the bulb was promptly replaced by the dealer after he himself saw the bend.
Now, we again tried adjusting the headlamp but it doesn't "rise up".
One of the MASS in my area advised to change the headlamp unit as the reflector has "dislodged/broke from somewhere", the other asked me to come some other day so as to open the headlamp and re-adjust the screw inside the headlamp. He says there is a plastic screw which may have dislodged due to repeated adjustments but he is still not sure if it would work.
One local mechanic was able to "rise" it just a little bit but it is still not in level with the other headlamp's beam.
Anybody here facing/who faced such a problem?
Old 26th January 2011, 20:09   #4710
Senior - BHPian

okay folks, I have a question here. Has anybody meddled with (upgraded) the lighting of Hyundai i20? the A.S.S guy has always been discouraging me into upgrading saying reflectors would start browning out etc.. But I have seen i20's with some amazing lightings (probably HID kits). Anybody has any insight into this?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed