Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:30   #5101
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have noticed this in some cars and have this as an OEM fitment. Some of these are really irritating.
Yes, they are very much irritating especially on rain. These gentlemen are treating it as extra headlamps

BTW, those Volvo lights are auxillary or headlamp replacement? Because you were referring it as 80/90W bulb=it seems a dual beam, so I guess it can be a headlamp replacement. Can you shed some light with some close up pics of the unit I've seen the post, but that doesn't makes me happy as it doesn't give any idea of the glass or build.
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:20   #5102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Yes, they are very much irritating especially on rain. These gentlemen are treating it as extra headlamps

BTW, those Volvo lights are auxillary or headlamp replacement? Because you were referring it as 80/90W bulb=it seems a dual beam, so I guess it can be a headlamp replacement. Can you shed some light with some close up pics of the unit I've seen the post, but that doesn't makes me happy as it doesn't give any idea of the glass or build.
Dont have much details of it. He is currently traveling. I shall ask him to provide more pics and details when he is back.
Old 4th June 2011, 16:37   #5103
BHPian

Bought Phillips extreme vision 55/60 its better than the ones which i had earlier but not that great. Planning to put Phillips hids in my fogs and also the day time running lights.
Old 4th June 2011, 23:07   #5104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I've seen many cars whose fogs were aimed parallel to the road. They just don't know what they are doing to other oncoming vehicles.
I am going to install fog lights. Should I angle them 5 degrees outwards?

--Ragul
Old 6th June 2011, 18:12   #5105
BHPian

One of my friend managed to get the Phillips day time running lights. He has fixed it on his scooty right below his front number plate. These lights are really powerful, i liked them so much but they are not available here. He got them from Bangkok.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-phillips3.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img01205201106031957.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img01209201106031959.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img01213201106032004.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img01214201106032016.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: zip phill.zip (254.6 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by msupercool : 6th June 2011 at 18:15. Reason: attached zip file bymistake
Old 6th June 2011, 20:04   #5106
Distinguished - BHPian

Philips DRL's are available in some accessories shops. Have seen them in few cars here in Cochin but really expensive. Expect somewhere around 3k+
Old 6th June 2011, 20:05   #5107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
One of my friend managed to get the Phillips day time running lights. He has fixed it on his scooty right below his front number plate. These lights are really powerful, i liked them so much but they are not available here. He got them from Bangkok.
could you get a picture of the spread please?
Old 6th June 2011, 20:45   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul

I am going to install fog lights. Should I angle them 5 degrees outwards?

--Ragul
Am sorry cant say anything like that, as its all vehicle specific. The only thing I can say is it should serve the purpose as well as it should'nt blind others. So tell your installer accordingly. You can also have a trial run before settling his bills.
Old 6th June 2011, 20:57   #5109

On the advice of a friend, I changed my 2004 Getz's weak headlamps a couple of days ago - put in Philips Rallye 100/90s with a wiring harness and relay. Came to about Rs 1,000. However, I just came across this thread the day after, and now I have a couple of questions:
1) I don't know whether the wiring kit included ceramic holders. If it doesn't should I get them installed?
2) Is it likely to mess up the lens on the headlamps?
3) I'm fairly happy with the new bulbs, but if I can get something better, I'd happily do so. Any suggestions? I saw lots of references to the Osram NB+ and Philips XtremeVision - would either be an improvement on what I've got now?
4) I'd like to upgrade the fogs as well. Should I go for the same relay + 100/90s combination, or something different?
Basically, I'm looking for good illumination that doesn't blind others (yellow or white only, don't want blue).
Old 6th June 2011, 22:12   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Philips DRL's are available in some accessories shops. Have seen them in few cars here in Cochin but really expensive. Expect somewhere around 3k+
Well dude its not available here in Mumbai I tried everywhere. I have heard it costs around 7.5k. Some of the accessories shops have drls but not phillips and even those cost around 4.5k. I don't think its worth that money.
Old 7th June 2011, 09:39   #5111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
On the advice of a friend, I changed my 2004 Getz's weak headlamps a couple of days ago - put in Philips Rallye 100/90s with a wiring harness and relay. Came to about Rs 1,000. However, I just came across this thread the day after, and now I have a couple of questions:
1) I don't know whether the wiring kit included ceramic holders. If it doesn't should I get them installed?
2) Is it likely to mess up the lens on the headlamps?
3) I'm fairly happy with the new bulbs, but if I can get something better, I'd happily do so. Any suggestions? I saw lots of references to the Osram NB+ and Philips XtremeVision - would either be an improvement on what I've got now?
4) I'd like to upgrade the fogs as well. Should I go for the same relay + 100/90s combination, or something different?
Basically, I'm looking for good illumination that doesn't blind others (yellow or white only, don't want blue).
Congrats on your new install. Here are some of my thoughts on this.

1) The kit should include ceramic holders since OEM holders cant withstand the high heat generated. If you dont have one, kindly fix them asap.
2) No. It would be absolutely safe. If you dont go for them, it will mess up your HL's.
3) There have been mixed reactions when it comes to NB and XtremeVision. If you are satisfied with the current setup, dont change it.
4) I would suggest you to stick with the same wattage. Fogs are not designed to provide performance like HL's. There's a limit to it. Since the reflectors are not designed like HL's, you wont get a huge light spread. If you install higher wattage bulbs, it will definitely e brighter but the vision wont be improved to a great extent. The best option would be go for better brands and stick with the same wattage.
Also, since you are looking for better visiblity, go for 4300k bulbs.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
Well dude its not available here in Mumbai I tried everywhere. I have heard it costs around 7.5k. Some of the accessories shops have drls but not phillips and even those cost around 4.5k. I don't think its worth that money.
Yes, it's really expensive. Branded DRL's would start from 3-4k. I had plans of getting them but on seeing the price I backed out. Philips, Hella are the common DRL's available here. It's catching up here and it's seen in many cars.

Since I wanted this for the 'Bling' factor, I went in for cheap DRL's. If you looking for the Bling factor, go for the chinese DRL's. I got them online for 300/-
Old 7th June 2011, 11:33   #5112
BHPian

Quote:
Since I wanted this for the 'Bling' factor, I went in for cheap DRL's. If you looking for the Bling factor, go for the chinese DRL's. I got them online for 300/-
Can you let me know where did u buy DRL online?
Old 7th June 2011, 13:19   #5113
BHPian

Just got delivery of my Fabia 1.6, however the headlamps are inadequate. Can the guru's in here suggest good bulbs without any modifications. I don't want to install a relay. The fogs are surprisingly bright & very practical.
Old 7th June 2011, 13:37   #5114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
Can you let me know where did u buy DRL online?
Here's the link. They have good collections of lighting products. Please note that it takes around 2-3 weeks for them to deliver the products.

Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Lights For Cars, LED Bulbs, HID Bulbs, HID Conversion Kits and Car Accessories
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 13:39   #5115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Just got delivery of my Fabia 1.6, however the headlamps are inadequate. Can the guru's in here suggest good bulbs without any modifications. I don't want to install a relay. The fogs are surprisingly bright & very practical.
Congrats on your new car.
Since you dont want to install relays, the best option would be to go for better brands of the same wattage. You have Philips, Osram with a wide variety of products. Please note you wont find considerable increase in visibility but only a slight improvement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks