Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 00:05   #5236
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
AFAIK, all these special nomenclature bulbs come in 60/55w.

Does the same hold true for 'Phillips Essential Vision' as well? Also, please keep in mind that I strictly need yellow light. Mumbai rains are crazy and I've faced visibility issues with Crystal Vision earlier (white / blue tinge).
Essential Vision comes in 100\90
Crystal vision has a dark blue tint,this has a light blue tint.
I clicked a pic of beam at dawn yesterday here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0767.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0768.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 00:32   #5237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
AFAIK, all these special nomenclature bulbs come in 60/55w.
Are you looking for bright bulbs which are stock wattage ? If so try Osram NB or NB+. The bulbs are costly at 900/- a pair [as of now for NB I guess], but are completely worth. There is a version in Philips as well in similar specs [Extreme vision] ?

The output is equivalent of 100W and you require no additional wiring!

Its better to stay from the so called "diamond vision / crystal vision" and all because those do more of "bling" feel than lighting up the roads. From the experiences I read on t-bhp, no one has said anything positive about these kinda bulbs when it comes to illumination.
Old 1st July 2011, 07:08   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are you looking for bright bulbs which are stock wattage ? If so try Osram NB or NB+. The bulbs are costly at 900/- a pair [as of now for NB I guess], but are completely worth. There is a version in Philips as well in similar specs [Extreme vision] ?

Its better to stay from the so called "diamond vision / crystal vision" and all because those do more of "bling" feel than lighting up the roads. From the experiences I read on t-bhp, no one has said anything positive about these kinda bulbs when it comes to illumination.
What is the life expectancy of these lamps?
Old 1st July 2011, 09:47   #5239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
Hi Naveen,
Thanks for the advice. Sorry I didn't reply earlier - was travelling, haven't looked at tbhp in weeks.
Re the lens, my worry was that the higher-wattage bulbs might turn my headlamp lens black or opaque - I think you misunderstood and thought I was asking if the ceramic bulb holders would damage the lens.
Any thoughts on lens damage due to the new bulbs? A few Getz owners have reported it on this thread.
Cheers
My friend had reported this few years back. He used 90/100w on his Getz and the reflectors turned black. When used in the long run the reflectors may turn black. But 90/100 should be safe if you use branded kits.
BTW, which is your car? Sorry if I missed that.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:04   #5240

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
BTW, which is your car? Sorry if I missed that.
2004 Getz.
So, what would you recommend? I'm likely to hang on to the car for another couple of years at least, so should I keep the higher-wattage bulbs I've installed and risk the reflector/lens going black, or switch to bulbs like Osram NB or Philips ExtremeVision at a lower wattage, which would give the same sort of illumination?
BTW what I've noticed is that though the new bulbs are giving a better spread and higher intensity of light, the throw (directly in front) hasn't improved much. Is this just due to the Getz' headlamp design? I've always thought it was quite bad.
Old 1st July 2011, 19:25   #5241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2004 Getz.
So, what would you recommend? I'm likely to hang on to the car for another couple of years at least, so should I keep the higher-wattage bulbs I've installed and risk the reflector/lens going black, or switch to bulbs like Osram NB or Philips ExtremeVision at a lower wattage, which would give the same sort of illumination?
BTW what I've noticed is that though the new bulbs are giving a better spread and higher intensity of light, the throw (directly in front) hasn't improved much. Is this just due to the Getz' headlamp design? I've always thought it was quite bad.
Since I dont recommend HID's on stock HL's, why dont you have a look at aux lamps? This provides excellent output. If you stick with stock wattage and go better brands, it will obviously provide better visibility but not as expected. Aux lamps should be expensive, say they start from 4-5k.

Else go for 90/100w (Philips) with complete kit.
Old 1st July 2011, 19:45   #5242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2004 Getz.
Check the headlight alignment. I suppose you could also use the foglamps to illuminate the area just around the front bumper.
Old 1st July 2011, 21:34   #5243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

It is NOT really sufficient. I use them. But add aux lights and it should suffice, at least I am hoping they will.

--Ragul
Old 2nd July 2011, 23:06   #5244
BHPian

Guyz, I need a suggestion...

My 2006 Dec Verna CRDI's stock battery Exide (75Amp) had failed today sometime back and I had a plan for a long drive tomorrow so had to look out for an urgent replacement and out of luck could only find a small battery shop who only had a new Amaron Black (70Amp). He was so sure that it would not make any difference. Out of no choice I had to get it fixed.

My worry now, Is it ok to run the car with 70Amp battery when its stock is actually 75Amp? I would also like to mention that My Verna CRDI is fitted with Phillips 130/100 lamps with a PMP Cutout and Roots wiring. I just have a very basic ICE - JVC DVD player with a roof mounted (9.5inch) LCD Pioneer (Rear), JBL (front), Pioneer (tweets) - No Amp/ Sub installed.

I'm little worried if this Amaron Black (70Amp) battery will hold good with my setup or not.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Old 3rd July 2011, 02:28   #5245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Guyz, I need a suggestion...

My 2006 Dec Verna CRDI's stock battery Exide (75Amp) had failed today sometime back and I had a plan for a long drive tomorrow so had to look out for an urgent replacement and out of luck could only find a small battery shop who only had a new Amaron Black (70Amp). He was so sure that it would not make any difference. Out of no choice I had to get it fixed.

My worry now, Is it ok to run the car with 70Amp battery when its stock is actually 75Amp? I would also like to mention that My Verna CRDI is fitted with Phillips 130/100 lamps with a PMP Cutout and Roots wiring. I just have a very basic ICE - JVC DVD player with a roof mounted (9.5inch) LCD Pioneer (Rear), JBL (front), Pioneer (tweets) - No Amp/ Sub installed.

I'm little worried if this Amaron Black (70Amp) battery will hold good with my setup or not.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
I would check with Amaron customer care for such details when you don't have time till monday due to your trip.
A good quality battery can hold everything for that 5 Amp difference but the main concern would be the electrical system trying to charge it for 75AMP if its applicable.

Do take a minute or two and ask another dealer before going for a long trip for safety reasons.
Old 3rd July 2011, 04:12   #5246
BHPian

Hi all,
At last, I could have my hands on Osram NBP H4 bulbs! Thanks to the members over here & Mr.Vijay Nair from Osram for updating the info from time to time!
I bought a dual pack of H4, last week from Pradish Automobiles (Opera House, Mumbai). Didn't bargain much hard, as he quoted 950 & settled for Rs.900. I got those replaced in my Fabia yesterday & had a short drive last night.
I could easily notice the difference & now the road ahead was illuminated 'significantly' brighter as compared to the stock ones! I must say, I am happy with the performance as it's anyway up to my test & my requirements too! I am not someone like those who look more for the 'BLING' factor than lighting the roads!!
I'll share more 'info' & will try to post some pics as well, but only after having a long drive on NH4, preferably in rains!! Cheers..
Old 3rd July 2011, 06:05   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I would check with Amaron customer care for such details when you don't have time till monday due to your trip.
A good quality battery can hold everything for that 5 Amp difference but the main concern would be the electrical system trying to charge it for 75AMP if its applicable.
Thank you bro, will get it checked today with the H.A.S.S guyz and also with another Battery dealer before I leave for my trip.

Hope it will not mess any of my electricals or setup until then.
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:49   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
It is NOT really sufficient. I use them. But add aux lights and it should suffice, at least I am hoping they will.

--Ragul
Have you got the headlights correctly aimed? Can you please post pics of the low beam and high beam lights in the night, preferably directed against a wall or on an open and empty road?
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:24   #5249
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I ordered a Motorcyle HID kit from ebay.in and currently waiting for the same to arrive. I am going to try this one on my Honda Dio. All inclusive price was 1400. I did have a chat with the seller on the same and he mentioned that these are Bi-xenon (12v 35/35W) tubes and comes with thin ballast, wiring harness, relay and manual with all kinds of socket (H1, H4, H7 etc) including 6 months warranty. They have also put up a video in the youtube. I have asked for the 4300K set.

I will try it out and let you know of the results. He also mentioned that a simillar kit is WIP for the cars.

BTW, I am looking for HID auxilary lights for my Scorpio and I am yet to decide which one to go for. Let me know if anyone has any sugestions.

Last edited by sudipta : 3rd July 2011 at 15:32.
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:27   #5250
Senior - BHPian

Guys got Raylux HID 4300k on my Anhc today.Have you all heard of the brand?

Last edited by cityvic : 3rd July 2011 at 16:30.

Most Viewed