Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 12:29   #5326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Friends I have got my car fitted with Morimoto H1 Projectors & also Blazer fog lights in my CIVIC.
Had got the blazers fitted last week.
Morimotos were fixed yesterday.
As of now, All I can say now is they are just AMAZING.(will write a detailed report later)

After fitting the Mini Morimotos I'm facing some issues, need to take it to HASS. But before that I would like to get clarified here.
Parking lights are not working(front, rear) after the angel eyes(CCFL's are working if connected directly from battery) were connected. Current is not passing from the wires to Parking light.
We checkd the Fuse too, (Fuse #8 below the steering). Fuse if fine
What could be the issue?
Wiring was done perfectly.

Today morning my HU LCD (only LCD display) is not producing proper light, it's way dull(every other interior light is working perfectly), but the moment I put the parking lights switch the LCD display is proper (Parking lights are still not working).
HU is working perfectly, except for the display.
So what could be the problem for both these issues?
I'm very much concerned about the car now.

Note -I'm also puttin up the same post in Honda Civic services....thread too
Old 25th July 2011, 12:48   #5327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Friends I have got my car fitted with Morimoto H1 Projectors & also Blazer fog lights in my CIVIC.
As of now, All I can say now is they are just AMAZING.(will write a detailed report later)

After fitting the Mini Morimotos I'm facing some issues, need to take it to HASS. But before that I would like to get clarified here.
Parking lights are not working(front, rear) after the angel eyes(CCFL's are working if connected directly from battery) were connected. Current is not passing from the wires to Parking light.
What could be the issue?

Today morning my HU LCD (only LCD display) is not producing proper light, it's way dull(every other interior light is working perfectly), but the moment I put the parking lights switch the LCD display is proper (Parking lights are still not working).

oh?
Mine are in transit!
oh boy, i didnt read about this anywhere.
I thought they were put-in-and-forget!
what is the wattage they are drawing?
could be because of that.
Did you try the "disconnect and reconnect battery for 30 minutes" raam- ban?
Old 25th July 2011, 12:58   #5328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
oh?
Mine are in transit!
Good. They are amazing product.
Quote:
I thought they were put-in-and-forget!.
Once you start installing it, you'll know how much of MESSY it is.
For which vehicle is it ?
Quote:
what is the wattage they are drawing?
could be because of that.
My car is producing ~ 14.4V(when engine is running), this shoulnd't be an issue.
Quote:
Did you try the "disconnect and reconnect battery for 30 minutes" raam- ban?
This should be good for an ECU Reset Or to CEL to go off.
I don't think that's the issue here.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:34   #5329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good. They are amazing product.

Once you start installing it, you'll know how much of MESSY it is.
For which vehicle is it ?

My car is producing ~ 14.4V(when engine is running), this shoulnd't be an issue.

This should be good for an ECU Reset Or to CEL to go off.
I don't think that's the issue here.
Its for a fiesta.
If it was messy for any other car, it is guaranteed to be 200% more messier for a ford.
I am not putting the angel eyes.

Wish you well in your effort to get this fixed.
You planning to put up installation notes, please?
Old 25th July 2011, 21:37   #5330
BHPian

Guys,
Can I put an angel eye on my Beat?What all things would I require?Sorry,But I dont have any prior exp with putting angel eyes and Projector lamps
Old 25th July 2011, 22:03   #5331
BHPian

I put up a new post asking for this, but then felt that it'd be good to post it here since the title says so.

Hi Guys!

Could someone please post a photo showing the beam pattern when the HID kit is installed within a stock reflector unit? I mean beam pattern on a wall or something. I have HIDs on my lancer, but the headlamp is not the clear lens variety. Hence I cannot use that to decide on whether its a good idea to get HID lamps for my new Verna.

On the Lancer I've gotten the lamp assembly aimed low so that I get an intensely bright low beam without blinding oncoming traffic. I've had it for over a year and have never heard a complaint from anyone. But I'm not sure how it will work with clear lens lamps.

If somebody could click the beam cut off on a wall, I'd be much obliged!

Also, how do HIDs perform when installed in Fog Lamps?

Thanks in advance!

Tassem.

@Mods: If the other post does not break any forum rules, please don't delete it in light of this post being here
Old 26th July 2011, 09:20   #5332
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Any idea how much the lightforce 240 blitz white filter/cover costs?

Also, whats the most foolproof method to prevent theft. I was thinking of applying paste on the nuts. So if I need to remove it later I need to cut the bolts off. Any other method.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:35   #5333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post

Could someone please post a photo showing the beam pattern when the HID kit is installed within a stock reflector unit?
I dont have the pic showing the beam pattern on a wall. Here's one taken in an open ground.

Car - Swift
HIDs - Philips 6000k running on stock reflectors.

Low Beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-6000k-low.jpg

High Beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-6000k-high.jpg

4300k vs 6000k HIDs (4300k HIDs running on my projectors - Swift)
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4300k-vs-6000k.jpg
Old 26th July 2011, 10:57   #5334
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Those are BRIGHT!! Kinda overbright for the camera lol!

How does it look in person. In the pic it looks like 6000k kinda hid some features of the ground unlike 4300k!

------------------------

btw got my indicator LEDs and I was really disappointed to find out that the blinking speed has increased quite a lot with LEDs!!!

Currently, I'm looking for alternate 'flasher(Hazard) relay' options! Any other suggestions will be welcome!(I not looking to add resistors as then, they'd kill the whole point of LEDs(Low power consumption, very low heat etc.)
Old 26th July 2011, 10:59   #5335
BHPian

Quote:

What could be the issue?

I guess its a wrong wiring/loose contact issue, else it should work fine. Check the wire tapings for the AE, and check once again the polarity too.

Did your installer connected the AE's to the ACC wire? I heard that some CCFL drivers creates interferences to HU. Try connect it to the parking lights wire.

I would suggest you to correct this at the installers place itself rather than taking to the HASS. They will be dismantling the add ons at once as its more easier for them to correct it than spending hours to find out whats wrong with an aftermarket installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys,
Can I put an angel eye on my Beat?What all things would I require?Sorry,But I dont have any prior exp with putting angel eyes and Projector lamps
You can get the CCFL ring from the accessory shops for less than 400/- which includes the driver and connect it to the parking lights wire.

You need to open the HL assy for fixing it to the reflector, so its not an easy DIY job as taking out Beat HL assy, you need to dismantle the front bumper is another pain. Its got 6 screws under the bumper and 2 hex inside the wheel basket which is not easy to spot. I had a tough time to locate this when I installed the DRLs.

Opening the HL should be done very care fully as prying out the glass to be done with enough patience as its easy to break. Also dont forget to buy a good quality gasket rubber sealant for putting it back, water seepage chances are high if its not sealed properly.

BTW, if you do this, pls post some WIP pics of opening the HL as am yet to open mine to install HID Bi-Xen projectors.

Last edited by sajjt : 26th July 2011 at 11:01.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 11:39   #5336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Wish you well in your effort to get this fixed.
You planning to put up installation notes, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I guess its a wrong wiring/loose contact issue, else it should work fine. Check the wire tapings for the AE, and check once again the polarity too
Thanks the Issue is resolved.
FUSE WAS BUSTED.
After fitting, We checked every fuse except for the busted fuse. How sad.
Now everything is working fine.

Quote:
You need to open the HL assy for fixing it to the reflector, so its not an easy DIY job .

Opening the HL should be done very care fully as prying out the glass to be done with enough patience as its easy to break. .
Rightly said, Opening up the HL assembly, though looks like an EASY JOB... But it's really one MESSY job, if we don't have hands on experience on it.
Would rather suggest to get this done by an expert, else you might heat up the plastic parts way too much & sometimes the reflector might go for a toss.. etc.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:46   #5337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wow!! Those are BRIGHT!! Kinda overbright for the camera lol!

How does it look in person. In the pic it looks like 6000k kinda hid some features of the ground unlike 4300k!

------------------------
The 6000k HID did look great in person. In the pic it feels that 6000k HIDs are better than the 4300k but in person I felt that 4300k HID performed better since the scattering was minimized due to the projectors in mine. Here are the pics during the same shootout.

4300k HIDs with projectors - Low inside view
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-low-.jpg

4300k HIDs with projectors - Low outside view
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-low.jpg

4300k HIDs with projectors - High inside view
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high-.jpg

4300k HIDs with projectors - High outside view
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high.jpg
Old 26th July 2011, 13:46   #5338
BHPian

Quote:
I guess its a wrong wiring/loose contact issue, else it should work fine. Check the wire tapings for the AE, and check once again the polarity too.

Did your installer connected the AE's to the ACC wire? I heard that some CCFL drivers creates interferences to HU. Try connect it to the parking lights wire.

I would suggest you to correct this at the installers place itself rather than taking to the HASS. They will be dismantling the add ons at once as its more easier for them to correct it than spending hours to find out whats wrong with an aftermarket installation.

You can get the CCFL ring from the accessory shops for less than 400/- which includes the driver and connect it to the parking lights wire.

You need to open the HL assy for fixing it to the reflector, so its not an easy DIY job as taking out Beat HL assy, you need to dismantle the front bumper is another pain. Its got 6 screws under the bumper and 2 hex inside the wheel basket which is not easy to spot. I had a tough time to locate this when I installed the DRLs.

Opening the HL should be done very care fully as prying out the glass to be done with enough patience as its easy to break. Also dont forget to buy a good quality gasket rubber sealant for putting it back, water seepage chances are high if its not sealed properly.

BTW, if you do this, pls post some WIP pics of opening the HL as am yet to open mine to install HID Bi-Xen projectors.
I think i will try this on some damages HL first(let me give a try with the dealer to collect some damaged HL)I will keep you posted as i do that.

Let me know if you start withthat before.But my key problem is,I have not seen this atleast for once.Please keep posting on your progress.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:58   #5339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
I think i will try this on some damages HL first(let me give a try with the dealer to collect some damaged HL)I will keep you posted as i do that.

Let me know if you start withthat before.But my key problem is,I have not seen this atleast for once.Please keep posting on your progress.
Ok, will keep you updated on this. Will your dealer give a damaged HL assy for experiment?
Old 26th July 2011, 14:19   #5340
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, will keep you updated on this. Will your dealer give a damaged HL assy for experiment?
That I have to give a try.I will let you know on the progress Once i get it, I will surely Inform you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks