Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 19:21   #5551
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

LEds for all!!

Over the weekend, got delivery from autoyet.

Now have leds in the centre roof lamp.
Had 5-led ones in the parking lights, replaced them with 20-led ones!!

before:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front-led-b4.jpg

And post:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front-leds-after.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front-full.jpg
the older ones from the front fit very well in the indicators(side).

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-all-around-after.jpg
interior roof one is quite a bit brighter than the stock one, but the main reason for this replacement was to allow the lamp to be on for more than 10 minutes without burning up the clear plastic around it.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc_0136.jpg
Old 26th September 2011, 22:26   #5552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
I've recently upgraded my headlight bulbs to the philips 100/130W. I had a 90/100W setup previously. I was wondering if I need to change the cutout or relay for the new setup.
When upgrading from the stock head lamps, you do need a relay. When getting bulbs of a higher wattage, the relay you had previously fitted should do the job. I had 100/90W bulbs that I replaced with 130/100W bulbs recently and there definitely is some improvement in visibility. The storekeeper of a local car accessory store did say he could fit a relay of a more reputed brand for a marginal increase in light output but the expense is simply not justified.

However, for the highway, the lights of my Esteem are simply terrible (when there's oncoming traffic, I have to stop because the road isn't visible). I really ought to consider auxillary driving lamps.
Old 27th September 2011, 00:58   #5553
BHPian

A friend of mine bought a Swift some months back and is interested in installing illuminated door sills (or scuff plates). But the thing that's been bothering him is, how to connect its wires without cutting the stock wires, so as not to fiddle with the Warranty??

Can anyone please suggest as to where the wires of the plates should be connected to??

Thanks.
Old 29th September 2011, 16:00   #5554
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can i upgrade my stock lights of my i20 crdi sportz version. Also will i need any relay for the same. I was thinking of putting bulbs and relay of Bosh.
Please help.
Thanks.
Fariborz
Old 29th September 2011, 20:35   #5555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fariborzpz
Can i upgrade my stock lights of my i20 crdi sportz version. Also will i need any relay for the same. I was thinking of putting bulbs and relay of Bosh.
Hi, any cars headlights can be upgraded to a more powerful setup. Answering your question: yes it can be done. If you're going in for a more powerful bulbs than stock say 100/130w or 90/100w then you will need a relay and a cutout. If you're going for something like the nightbreaker from osram then you wouldn't need to install a relay and cutout.
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 21:38   #5556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
I want an upgrade to either HIDs or higher wattage headlights. What would be the ideal and most reliable solution for my car without damaging the holders or headlight assembly in the long run. I would really appreciate the help.
HID upgrade will be an expensive option. Also its suggested that you have a projector setup to get the best out of HIDs. I woul rather suggest a 55W/60 Osram NB or Philips Extreme power (?) which will fit the stock set up. If you plan for 100/90W set up, please get a relay & ceramic holder added to prevent burn out.

Quote:
Hello all Team-Bhpians,
I've recently upgraded my headlight bulbs to the philips 100/130W. I had a 90/100W setup previously. I was wondering if I need to change the cutout or relay for the new setup.
To be frank, 130/100 is overkill on a car ! It is going to generate quite a lot of heat and you might end up damaging your reflectors. I would at the max go for a 100/90W set & not more. Relay is a must for this upgrade, you might want to add ceramic holders also if not already done.
Old 29th September 2011, 21:48   #5557
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all Team-Bhpians,

Note: When I had upgraded on my previous setup I had a new cutout and relay installed.
The 130/100 are not a good option. They tend to burn out and go off if you keep them on for long as the filament tends to heat up a lot. This is from my personal experience. Also i would suggest you put atleast a 250W cutout. And if you travel long at night then its best you put a cutout of 400W as the 250W also tends to heat out a lot.
shekhar_gogoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 22:29   #5558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
ok, so got down to it this morning, and cleaned em out.
will see how much of a difference it makes at night, but initial impressions are quite, well, obvious.

This is cool. With the fiesta headlamp, the low beam seems to be pretty disappointing in terms of throw (even after adjusting the leveler). The high beam is pretty good though. Any tweaks to improve low beam throw.?
Old 29th September 2011, 22:45   #5559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
This is cool. With the fiesta headlamp, the low beam seems to be pretty disappointing in terms of throw (even after adjusting the leveler). The high beam is pretty good though. Any tweaks to improve low beam throw.?
low still sucks.
its, well, quite bad, actually.
Im just glad to see someone else with the same opinion.

Tweak coming up next month, by way of bixenons.....
got a quote for a full setup for roundabout 13k.
Old 30th September 2011, 23:09   #5560
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians,

I've a Toyota Corolla whose headlights and fog lamps I would like to change.

My search has bought me to:

HB3: 100W Philips (Rallye) HighBeam
HB4: 70W Philips (Rallye) LowBeam
H3: 85W Philips (Rallye) Fog Lights

I would need a relay and cut-out for this setup as a standard. But I would like to know if I've to install two Relay's and cutout's as the power pulled when on full blast would be high(100*2 + 70*2 + 85*2 =510w). Will this setup damage my battery in any way ?

Why I will need this much of light output ?
I will be driving close to quarry's and mines. The dust can be a real pain to see through and when it rains, it rains very hard.

Thanks for your input, as always.
Old 1st October 2011, 17:32   #5561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar_gogoi View Post
The 130/100 are not a good option. They tend to burn out and go off if you keep them on for long as the filament tends to heat up a lot. This is from my personal experience. Also i would suggest you put atleast a 250W cutout. And if you travel long at night then its best you put a cutout of 400W as the 250W also tends to heat out a lot.
Shekhar, I have been using Phillips 130/100W bulbs in my Chevy since three years. We just returned from a 26 day vacation in Kerala and TN. I drove a minimum of 75 hours at night, with my headlights switched on continuously and the bulbs performed brilliantly! My current pair of bulbs have been in use since November 2010! No problems so far!

I completed a 1525 kilometre run to Tirunelveli from Pune in under 24 hours non-stop! I used my headlights for 16 hours during the drive!

Phillips bulbs will last! It will last really long!!!!
Try to stick to relays from Roots! It is the best I have used so far!
Old 1st October 2011, 22:49   #5562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Shekhar, I have been using Phillips 130/100W bulbs in my Chevy since three years. We just returned from a 26 day vacation in Kerala and TN. I drove a minimum of 75 hours at night, with my headlights switched on continuously and the bulbs performed brilliantly! My current pair of bulbs have been in use since November 2010! No problems so far!

I completed a 1525 kilometre run to Tirunelveli from Pune in under 24 hours non-stop! I used my headlights for 16 hours during the drive!

Phillips bulbs will last! It will last really long!!!!
Try to stick to relays from Roots! It is the best I have used so far!
I have been using phillips from the time i can remember. Never trusted any other brand. And i have been using hella fuse which are pretty decent. Not sure then whats the problem if you say you have been using it trouble free. But it happened to me twice on my way to bangalore. But both times I have noticed that after keeping it on for a few hours and flashing the pass light too much, its tends to blow out. Just saying what I experienced. May be I an not getting the proper product or there is some other problem, but then never faced this problem with the 100/90!!!
shekhar_gogoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:56   #5563
BHPian

Anyone has recently bought Philips Extreme vision (100+ or 80+), in bangalore? if yes, please let me know of the price and place of availability.

I am thinking of upgrading my i20 stock headlamps with these, as I found the stock headlights inadequate on the highway during nights. I don't want to add a relay, because of warranty issues. After going through the previous posts, I concluded on the Extreme vision 100+. Any other recommendations, or suggestions?
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:17   #5564
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions to improve the lighting on the Fial Palio, Adventure?

combo of H1 and H7 bulbs both r presently 90/100(Philips) and the headlight assembly is brand new...

am not happy with the spread and focus aint great aswel...

any suggestion on how to improve this? and any mech who can help me with the focusing??
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:25   #5565
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I am looking to upgrade the Headlights and Fog Lamps Bulbs of my Punto 1.2 to higher output ones. From another Fiat Forum is got to know that the Headlamps use H4 Bulbs and the Fog Lamps use H1 Bulbs.

I am thinking of 100/90 (presently it is 55/60 stock bulbs) Philips Extreme Power for the Headlamps. But not sure of the options for Fog Lamps.

So Guru's please help me decide the best and most reliable possible upgrade for BOTH Headlights and Fog Lamps, without causing damage to battery or anything else.

P.S: I am not a Fan of the Bluish/Purplish White lights without having proper projectors. So Yellowish White Halogens should serve me well.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Zenster

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks