Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 01:46   #6196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello guys, need your help

The current setup on my ride is Halonex 4300k 90/100 bulbs along with relay, though the bulbs are good and the throw of light is great.

But from last few days, My dad is pushing me to change the bulbs, The current set of bulbs are little bluish, He want me to put good 90/100 bulbs which throws out yellow light, like the stock one's.

So, What are my current choices for the bulbs. As i do a lot of highway runs in my car, so need something which is best of the lot.

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 28th June 2012 at 01:52.
Old 28th June 2012, 08:41   #6197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hello guys, need your help

The current setup on my ride is Halonex 4300k 90/100 bulbs along with relay, though the bulbs are good and the throw of light is great.

But from last few days, My dad is pushing me to change the bulbs, The current set of bulbs are little bluish, He want me to put good 90/100 bulbs which throws out yellow light, like the stock one's.

So, What are my current choices for the bulbs. As i do a lot of highway runs in my car, so need something which is best of the lot.

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sameer
For proper yellow light, you may go for Philips Xtreme Vision. Although I haven't used them personally, I have heard good things about them, both from retailers as well as customers. They are 60/55 and not 100/90, but supposedly they are as powerful as the 100/90. You might ask around a bit regarding these, they may be a good option.
Old 28th June 2012, 08:58   #6198
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade the fogs on my Beat to a more white'ish light because the yellow looks very odd considering I have massive white DRL's and white LED parking parking lights in the headlamps. Though the headlamp bulb is stock, when looking at the car at night, the headlamp looks white'ish thanks to these LED parking lamps. Thus, the fogs look really out of place.

Can someone suggest to what I can change the fog bulbs with. Please note that I would ideally not like to lose the functionality of the fogs.
Old 28th June 2012, 10:03   #6199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Can someone suggest to what I can change the fog bulbs with. Please note that I would ideally not like to lose the functionality of the fogs.
If you want the functionality of the fogs, I would suggest you to stick with the stock setup or atleast 4300k color temp bulbs. I have 4300k HID's and DRL with stock fogs. I too noticed the color difference in my car and feel it's odd but decided to stick with this.

Check out 4300k bulbs. That's close to the white light and visibility isnt compromised.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 11:09   #6200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If you want the functionality of the fogs, I would suggest you to stick with the stock setup or atleast 4300k color temp bulbs. I have 4300k HID's and DRL with stock fogs. I too noticed the color difference in my car and feel it's odd but decided to stick with this.

Check out 4300k bulbs. That's close to the white light and visibility isnt compromised.
Thanks. Any specific 4300k bulbs I should be looking at?

Just a pic below to show what I mean about the contrasting yellow of the fogs.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20120419_195642.jpg

I am pretty sure its the same case if with yours.
Old 28th June 2012, 11:37   #6201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Thanks. Any specific 4300k bulbs I should be looking at?

Just a pic below to show what I mean about the contrasting yellow of the fogs.

Attachment 948273

I am pretty sure its the same case if with yours.
It's similar to that. I have attached a pic. It's not clear in this but fogs are different from HL's.
Check out Philips. See whether they have fog bulb configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0050.jpg  

Old 28th June 2012, 12:21   #6202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
For proper yellow light, you may go for Philips Xtreme Vision. Although I haven't used them personally, I have heard good things about them, both from retailers as well as customers. They are 60/55 and not 100/90, but supposedly they are as powerful as the 100/90. You might ask around a bit regarding these, they may be a good option.
I used them earlier in my santro. But, I was not happy with their throw. I used them for about 6 months and then upgraded to hella 90/100 bulbs along with relay. I can say for sure, the light became better by say 40%.

So, need something better then xtreme vision this time

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 28th June 2012 at 12:24.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 13:36   #6203
BHPian

Quote:
I used them earlier in my santro. But, I was not happy with their throw. I used them for about 6 months and then upgraded to hella 90/100 bulbs along with relay. I can say for sure, the light became better by say 40%.

So, need something better then xtreme vision this time

Cheers,
Sameer
Alrite thanks!! When I upgraded my headlamps to 100/90, the retailer gave me the option of fitting those, the advantage being that I wouldn't need a relay. I did not go for those as I wanted a white light. Looks like I did good, then!!
Old 28th June 2012, 13:37   #6204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alrite thanks!! When I upgraded my headlamps to 100/90, the retailer gave me the option of fitting those, the advantage being that I wouldn't need a relay. I did not go for those as I wanted a white light. Looks like I did good, then!!
Great, BTW can you please share the current light setup on your ride ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 28th June 2012, 14:44   #6205
BHPian

Quote:
Great, BTW can you please share the current light setup on your ride ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Its Philips Essential Vision 100/90W bulbs, which are whitish, not exactly white. Together with a Lumax Relay kit, with ceramic holders. Got a 6 months warranty on the set from the retailer, and cost around 1200 odd.

The parking bulbs are replaced with blue LED indicator lights.

Will click a picture at night and post, if you want..
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 14:50   #6206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its Philips Essential Vision 100/90W bulbs, which are whitish, not exactly white. Together with a Lumax Relay kit, with ceramic holders. Got a 6 months warranty on the set from the retailer, and cost around 1200 odd.

The parking bulbs are replaced with blue LED indicator lights.

Will click a picture at night and post, if you want..
Please post one. BTW How's the performance of bulbs ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 28th June 2012, 15:00   #6207
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Sameer
They are fantastic actually. I used the stock 60/55W for years, and they were pretty useless in less lit areas and highways. Since I drive a lot more these days than I used to previously, upgrading the lights was a necessity. The throw is really good, and lights up quite brilliantly. Though, it has been posted more than once in this thread that yellow lights are more powerful than white. However, I thought the white looked much better, and hence went for the same. Pretty happy with the setup overall.
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:27   #6208
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Sameer
Please Check post #5916 for pictures in this thread. I have been using Philips Essential vision in my santro since December 2008 and they are certainly much better than stock bulbs.
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:33   #6209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Please Check post #5916 for pictures in this thread. I have been using Philips Essential vision in my santro since December 2008 and they are certainly much better than stock bulbs.
Thanks alot for the pictures, However ( from the pictures, I can say that ) Essential Vision are similar to my current Halonex 4300k 90/100 Bulbs.

I need something with yellowish light this time.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 30th June 2012, 14:25   #6210
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys need some input here. I want to change my i20's headlamp bulbs. I have been running on stock lamps for the past 13 months and the low beam is a real pain. So I always drive with High beam. Anyway I really had my heart set for white lights as it does look good on white cars but there is a problem. Actually there are 2 problems:

1) I have fog lamps and then I have to change them too. Car accessories shop claims that only Chinese bulbs are available for white fog lamps. So reliablity is a problem. THen again the stock fog lamps are pretty decent and I dont want to change them.

2) I am really not sure if the visibility will improve if I install white lights.

Now after some research I have short listed 3 different bulbs:

1) Philips Extreme vision (Yellow light)

2) Philips Crystal vision( White Light)

3) Osram Night Breakers(Yellow light)

I have read enough good reviews about the philips extreme vision so that is a safe choice. But then one of the reputed shops here (GLIX, quoted 1200 a pair) claimed that the is no warranty on Philips lamps. Is it true??? Because there was another shop which claimed that Philips bulbs have 1 year warranty but they quoted 1450 a pair. Isn't that expensive ?

Now the "Osram" part of the story. The shop which quoted 1450 for the Xtreme vision spoke highly about the Osram Night Breakers. Claimed that it is in a completely different league and blah blah. THey qouted 1250 a pair for the OSRAM but but when they showed me the lamps I noticed that they were FEB 2009 manufactured and the bulbs were not in good shape. Did not look encouraging. So what should I do? I am confused. HELP!!

Last edited by Pancham : 30th June 2012 at 14:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks