Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 11:26   #6361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic

If you are looking for better lighting, stay away from them. These lamps are only good for the bling factor and city driving.
I beg to differ! I've been using philips crystal vision halogens on my zen since over 5 years, and the experience has been excellent! They are really effective on the highway!
Old 1st September 2012, 23:12   #6362
BHPian

Hello All,

I am a figo owner and looking for suggestions on projector lights with angle eye without loosing the ability to run low and high beam.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:18   #6363
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I beg to differ! I've been using philips crystal vision halogens on my zen since over 5 years, and the experience has been excellent! They are really effective on the highway!
I am not sure with what you are comparing crystal visions to. If you had switched to CV from a 60/55 lamp, which was old, you will obviously feel the difference. Use Philips or Hella or any reputed 60/55 bulb and then switch to CV. You will admit that they are weaker. When I switched from Halonix 60/55 to Philips 60/55, the philips made a difference. Its like that. CVs are tinted bulbs, so compared to similar wattage yellow or warm white Halogens, they offer lesser light output. So, if you had a good halogen bulb previously, switching to CV, diamond Vision, etc will not make things better as the blue tint on the bulb will eat up some light. The only difference CV can make is to enhance road markings and make them look brighter.

I had CV, Xtreme power on my SX4 before finally switching to Philips rally 100/90.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:29   #6364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic

I am not sure with what you are comparing crystal visions to. If you had switched to CV from a 60/55 lamp, which was old, you will obviously feel the difference. Use Philips or Hella or any reputed 60/55 bulb and then switch to CV. You will admit that they are weaker. When I switched from Halonix 60/55 to Philips 60/55, the philips made a difference. Its like that. CVs are tinted bulbs, so compared to similar wattage yellow or warm white Halogens, they offer lesser light output. So, if you had a good halogen bulb previously, switching to CV, diamond Vision, etc will not make things better as the blue tint on the bulb will eat up some light. The only difference CV can make is to enhance road markings and make them look brighter.

I had CV, Xtreme power on my SX4 before finally switching to Philips rally 100/90.
What you say does make sense, but I feel cv has been good, since more than 50% of my driving is during night time, on NH8 which doesn't have any street lights, and the cv has performed well in such conditions!
I can't install 90/100 halogens in my Figo as that'll require a new wiring kit + a relay, and will void my warranty unless i get it installed by Ford A.S.S. - who will charge me a bomb!
Any other suggestions?
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:47   #6365
Senior - BHPian

Hi I wanted to find out about the LED Parking lights that Phillips are offering. Has anyone tried them ? They are tiny bulbs and would definitely like to try them out.No socet type was mentioned and was in chinese, available in 4200 & 6700K. Are they universally compatible ? They might be T10 bulbs, would they work in the Beat ?

Also, Reliance is selling the Xtreme Power bulbs for 380 Rs, Is this a good price
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:55   #6366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis
Hi I wanted to find out about the LED Parking lights that Phillips are offering. Has anyone tried them ? They are tiny bulbs and would definitely like to try them out.No socet type was mentioned and was in chinese, available in 4200 & 6700K. Are they universally compatible ? They might be T10 bulbs, would they work in the Beat ?

Also, Reliance is selling the Xtreme Power bulbs for 380 Rs, Is this a good price
not philips,but i had been using led parking lamps till i got my projectors.
so is samarth.bhatia on his beat. they work brilliantly, and are way better and of course better looking than the standard lamps.
and nothing broke/blew ever.
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:18   #6367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can't install 90/100 halogens in my Figo as that'll require a new wiring kit + a relay, and will void my warranty unless i get it installed by Ford A.S.S. - who will charge me a bomb!
Any other suggestions?
If your figo has rubber dust covers for headlamps, upgrading to 100/90 will take maximum of fifteen minutes, so is the removal of the kit and roll back to stock setup. You can install it and remove it yourself without any fuss. My personal feeling is that this is the most value for money. However, if the car comes with plastic dust covers like what is there in some cars like i10, Verna, etc, its better one stick to 60/55 bulbs.
Old 3rd September 2012, 01:01   #6368
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious if you have the older Zen (because you mentioned that you've been using philips crystal vision halogens for the past 5 yeras)? Did you make any drastic changes in the wiring/relays or change the reflectors? I own a 2001 MPFi Zen and want to change from the stock OEM bulbs. What changes am I looking at?

Cheers!
Old 4th September 2012, 18:51   #6369
BHPian

I was reading this article and thinking, "should I replace my high beam headlight on fortuner 2012 with LED"

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ba...led-26530.html

Is that true using LED's in headlights will have potential risk to assemblies and for that reason automobiles manufacturers not recommending ? Is this a general warning like replacing the halogens with xenon will harm assembles ?

Also most of the time in youtube and other articles, I see the LED are replaced for interior lighting or parking or number plates. Not many have replaced stock headlights with LEDs.

Is light thrown out of LED do not cover enough distance compared to halogens ?

Please give your opinion. I wanted to make sure my decision of replacing the below lights with LED is good one.

HB3-9005 -60 Watt - High beam
HB4 9006 bulb - 12 Volt 50W - Fog light
Old 4th September 2012, 19:37   #6370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27
I was reading this article and thinking, "should I replace my high beam headlight on fortuner 2012 with LED"

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ba...led-26530.html

Is that true using LED's in headlights will have potential risk to assemblies and for that reason automobiles manufacturers not recommending ? Is this a general warning like replacing the halogens with xenon will harm assembles ?

Also most of the time in Youtube and other articles, I see the LED are replaced for interior lighting or parking or number plates. Not many have replaced stock headlights with LEDs.

Is light thrown out of LED do not cover enough distance compared to halogens ?

Please give your opinion. I wanted to make sure my decision of replacing the below lights with LED is good one.

HB3-9005 -60 Watt - High beam
HB4 9006 bulb - 12 Volt 50W - Fog light
for fogs,maybe,if you dont plan to use them in fog.
for headlights,dont.
where did you spot these bulbs? i havent seen such wattage for stock replacement leds anywhere.
usually much lower wattage, and the throw is non existent.
however,do post if they are true 50-60w.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:16   #6371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
for fogs,maybe,if you dont plan to use them in fog.
for headlights,dont.
where did you spot these bulbs? i havent seen such wattage for stock replacement leds anywhere.
usually much lower wattage, and the throw is non existent.
however,do post if they are true 50-60w.
Here is the link to one that are available in the dealextreme site.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hb3-900...-138504?item=6

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hb4-900...-103387?item=4
Old 5th September 2012, 15:01   #6372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27
These won't help in any manner. Don't get them for main lamps. You could get leds for parking, brakes, indicators etc.
Old 5th September 2012, 15:07   #6373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

If you are looking at something like the Phillips Ultinon LED range, I got the 6000K installed couple of weeks ago.
http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...tionID=1058682

Overall, the brightness has definitely gone up significantly and the light color works well with an appropriately colored headlamp. However, I think it is priced on the higher, higher side. Dont remember the exact price but can dig it out, if required.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:53   #6374
BHPian

where can i source white parking bulbs in new delhi? preferably south delhi? looked everywhere but couldnt find any :(
Old 5th September 2012, 21:49   #6375
BHPian

I am looking to fit some LED strips (blue) on the underbody of my Alto. I am considering fitting 4 strips, each of 1 metre in length. What I need to know is, how much would be the load on the electrical system due to this, and are there any issues I might face..

Currently, my headlamps are upgraded to Philips 90/100 H4 bulbs.
ICE is as follows:
- 1 DIN Pioneer MVH1490UB
- 1 DIN Xenos DVD-150 (which is almost always off, so probably it is safe not to consider this in the equation)
- 4" JBL CS4 coaxial speakers in front
- 6X9 MTX RT693 coaxial speakers in the boot
Apart from this, I have two LED strips (white) each of 30 cm, in the front footwells. I use them only occasionally.

Considering all this, will it be alright to attach the 4 LED strips to the underbody?

Anything else that I should know about?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks