Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 12:17   #6721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Can someone help me identify the high/low/ground terminals in a H4 bulb?
Old 18th December 2012, 13:12   #6722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Can someone help me identify the high/low/ground terminals in a H4 bulb?
Did you ask google?
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5177/...2e341cf852.jpg
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 14:17   #6723
BHPian

Hello,

I have a Ford Figo and i am looking to add some extra lights to my car (Auxilary lights).

My colleague is going to Australia for a week in Jan 2013 and i was thinking of asking him to get "Light Force (http://www.lightforce.com)" driving lights for me (1 pair).

Any suggestions? Which model to get? Is it worth getting it from Australia?
Old 21st December 2012, 23:44   #6724
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 11:50.
scorpian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:27   #6725
Distinguished - BHPian

I just finished a DIY on projectors for my car.
I wasted about 8k before with a quikr listing, who put in mobike ones.

Well, if you want something done right, etc etc.
Total time 4 hours, cost about 7k.
And I just drove to and from faridabad, and everyone could see when I put the high beams on.
Fantastic! !
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:11   #6726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Need help team!
I wanna know whats happening??the battery is fine got it checked.Ir the alternator is weak den how does it charge when i rev the car??
Am i missing something??
Though this is not the right thread, I think the problem lies with the regulator. From what I have observed in my car, the voltage remains steady irrespective of the revvs and not as you have mentioned. When I had a near dead battery in my car, I would get 14.5v at idle, no load and 13.3v with full load, comprising of 100/90 lights, fog lamps and AC.

Normally you need to get at least 14v at idle to charge the battery well and with load also your voltage must not drop to below 12v. The regulator ensures that voltage supplied to charge is steady and in turn varies the current according to change in RPM. So, when engine speed changes, there will he a momentary change in voltage and after that it is regulated. So, get the charging circuit checked for proper charging current.

Last edited by audioholic : 23rd December 2012 at 10:15.
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:49   #6727
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 11:43.
scorpian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:57   #6728
BHPian

Added Hella Micro DE fog lamps to my SX4 Today, swapped the 55W hella with a 55W HID, the result is satisfactory. Its better than the OE for lamps and looks classy to me !!

Shall post some beam patterns and night pics tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0241.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0242.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0243.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0244.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-neo_img_new5160.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0538.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0539.jpg  

Last edited by adi_sun : 23rd December 2012 at 13:22.
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:22   #6729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Added Hella Micro DE fog lamps to my SX4 Today, swapped the 55W hella with a 55W HID, the result is satisfactory. Its better than the OE for lamps and looks classy to me !!

Shall post some beam patterns and night pics tonight.
Will wait for your new pics.
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:26   #6730
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I have been checking out some LED light bars on youtube and they seem to provide excellent visibility in the dark. Any idea if there are any good brands available in India? Does anyone have them on their car(s), and if so what's the experience?
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:35   #6731
Distinguished - BHPian

You will know only when the equipment is checked. It could be just a wiring issue, or a faulty regulator or alternator. So once an electrician checks the charging system, you can pin point the mistake.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 11:44. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 24th December 2012, 21:21   #6732

Hi. I have a Ford Figo 2012 - TCDi. I have been wanting to get some hi intensity stylish lights for my drive and also the rear fog lights.

1. The rear fog light on this page - http://www.hella.co.in/Category.aspx?Id=18. Does anyone think that this can fit into the rear light console on the Figo (red empty spots, above and below the brake lights) ? I have a feeling they will. Or does anyone have a clue that the rear fog lamps on the Figo can be activated ? I have checked with spare part shops as well as the Ford dealer - and they say that though the switch is there and also the rear / front fog light indicator in the meter console - you cannot put a rear fog light in a Figo. I kind of wonder why ?

2. One option that I have been exploring is getting Hella fog lamps installed on the Figo - a little big and sporty ones - not the OEM fitment on the front bumper. Any ideas friends ?

3. Another option that I have been exploring is to replace the original head lights on the Figo with BMW inspired "angel eyes" twin (double barrel) projector head lamps. I have a feeling that they will look uber cool on the Figo, and will fit pretty neatly. Also, I would need some insights with respect to technical configuration - Do the projector headlamps consume more power as compared to the regular halogen lamps or less ?

Please feel free to any more ideas / information on the lighting modification. Would love any good inputs.

Cheers
Pawanjot
Old 24th December 2012, 23:09   #6733
BHPian

Hey guys. Need an urgent advice. Around exactly 1 year back I had put Osram nightbreakers in my Vento. I didnt find much of a difference in the light. They costed me 1300 for the pair. Today one of the bulbs low beam went bad. Now I am not sure what to do. I am not very keen on 100/90 because of relays and cutouts thing.

Please suggest me good bulbs with stock wattage or slightly more which will give me better light. I need to get them replaced tomorrow morning.

Do these things have some warranty?

I read in this thread that these things have less life? What is the average lifespan of these kind of bulbs? Mine this set lasted exactly an year.

Thanks in Advance
Rachit

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 24th December 2012 at 23:14.
Old 25th December 2012, 03:19   #6734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hey guys. Need an urgent advice. Around exactly 1 year back I had put Osram nightbreakers in my Vento. I didnt find much of a difference in the light. They costed me 1300 for the pair. Today one of the bulbs low beam went bad. Now I am not sure what to do. I am not very keen on 100/90 because of relays and cutouts thing.

Please suggest me good bulbs with stock wattage or slightly more which will give me better light. I need to get them replaced tomorrow morning.

Do these things have some warranty?

I read in this thread that these things have less life? What is the average lifespan of these kind of bulbs? Mine this set lasted exactly an year.

Thanks in Advance
Rachit
Hey. I've been using Philips extreme vision stock wattage on my Vento for close to an year and find them suitable. The light is brighter. Cannot comment on the longevity. You may try these too. Heard osram are very good but higher duplicacy, could it be that you got yourself a bad set in first place. Even I didn't want to put relays etc.
Alisiddiqui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 07:17   #6735
Senior - BHPian

Try and take it back to the store, though I doubt after one year you will get any replacement. Usually you don't get any, and after one year, even the manufacturer won't offer you any.

If you don't want to upgrade to 90/100, why not stick to the stock lights? Go with a good brand like Hella or Philips. Similar to the Osram nightbreakers, Philips too has a range (ExtraPower or something) which claims to provide more light than the stock 55/60 lights.

One question I want to ask: Long ago there was a website www.indiacar.com, which had a section where you could ask automobile-related queries to their inhouse experts. I remember back then the expert on four wheelers was one Mr. S K Gupta, and he was dead against the higher wattage bulbs. His stock advice to anyone asking about the bulb upgrade was to check the reflectors.

After all the manufacturers must have put some thought into this? They couldn't make their headlights purposely built such that only 90/100 bulbs would offer better illumination?

Also since I got the Nano I am witnessing what a good headlight can do to your car. I have never even faced the need to upgrade to higher wattage bulbs. But I do get struck by wrongly aimed headlights of the oncoming vehicles.

So the question is: Is a mindless rush to upgrade the bulbs the only option? Are we forgetting about headlight aiming or checking the reflectors, just because it's 'cool' to be using higher-wattage bulbs with absolute disregard to the oncoming traffic or the law?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks