Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 17:00   #6826
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Today i got my honda city's headlights upgraded to 100/90w Philips rally with a minda wire harness kit. This upgrade was needed since the stock bulbs are poor especially the low beam. Hope to see the difference today evening.

I tried at least 6 shops in Goa and none had what i was looking for. Some had some 'super' brand of relay kit which i was not sure(and expensive), while others had better relay kits like roots but were giving no warranty... its quite difficult to get proper branded stuff here under one place.

I hope the minda wire harnessing kit holds up!
Old 15th January 2013, 18:15   #6827
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the super harness in my car, but I swapped the relay with PMP. As long as the wires are of good quality, you should be looking away from them and towards a good relay. If the relay fails, you will have great trouble.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 20:10   #6828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Gurus, need some help.

I never felt the requirement to upgrade the lights in my palio. Now a days, i am facing a lot of problem as almost all the cars are having high wattage lights. The beauty of Hyderabadi's is that, one in a hundred switches to low beam. rest of all drive all the way in high beam.

Now, its time to upgrade my car lights

I tried couple of car decors shops in hyderabad and no one is really intrested to get my lights upgraded.
Most of them do not have the stuff about which we discuss. They have only Philips 60/55 H4 in stock. They do not have H1 and H7s in stock esp the 100/90 ones.

I seriously doubt the genuinity of the stuff available in these shops too.

Please advice on what to pick and who would be the best choice to get this work done. I stay near LB nagar. Thanks

Not sure if this comes in a bit late buddy. But I think there are quite a few Indian online shopping sites where you can place orders for automotive bulbs. I'm not posting the links since that may be considered as "marketing" the product (which is against forum rules). Google is your best bet on this one.

You may also try going to the manufacturer websites (like Bosch/ Osram) and try locating their dealers/ distributors.
Old 15th January 2013, 20:23   #6829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

I hope the minda wire harnessing kit holds up!
Minda's are actually good. Here in Bangalore a lot of people use stuff from Minda , so I guess it should not be an issue.
If you any issues with relay then you can surely change to some other relay.
If you are not able to get good quality relay over there in Goa ,let us know we can ship it to you if needed.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 01:07   #6830
BHPian

On my suggestion, my brother just upgraded from stock 60/55W bulbs to Philips Rally 100/90 after complaining of poor visibility for a long time. A relay was put in. The problem is that he is still not satisfied with the light from the 100/90. He wants brighter and more distant illumination. What should he do now? Will a pair of Philips Extreme Vision 60/55W provide better lighting than the 100/90?

Or should he try a 130/100W pair of bulbs? The car is a 2011 Honda City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Today i got my honda city's headlights upgraded to 100/90w Philips rally
Do let me know if you were satisfied with the upgrade..

Last edited by amitwiz1 : 16th January 2013 at 01:12.
Old 16th January 2013, 10:05   #6831
BANNED

No 60/55XV of NB+ will not be as bright as a 100/90 setup. However the former will be legal the latter not so. Also, 100/90 or higher will require wiring and holder changes. In the liong term you also risk blackening of the reflectors.
Old 16th January 2013, 10:32   #6832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
No 60/55XV of NB+ will not be as bright as a 100/90 setup.
Thanks. Wires were changed and ceramic holders put in place of the stock ones. He still needs better lighting. Maybe a fault of the Honda city headlamps ? (owners, please share your thoughts)

What can be done now for better lighting, if XV is not as good as 100/90 ? Should he try 130/100W ?
Old 16th January 2013, 11:03   #6833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
On my suggestion, my brother just upgraded from stock 60/55W bulbs to Philips Rally 100/90 after complaining of poor visibility for a long time. A relay was put in. The problem is that he is still not satisfied with the light from the 100/90. He wants brighter and more distant illumination. What should he do now? Will a pair of Philips Extreme Vision 60/55W provide better lighting than the 100/90?

Or should he try a 130/100W pair of bulbs? The car is a 2011 Honda City.

Do let me know if you were satisfied with the upgrade..
Quite happy with the upgrade. The throw of the low beam has increased which i wanted badly. The high beam is too bright.

If your brother wants a longer throw then either he will have to put projectors or auxiliary lights... i feel 130/100 might blacken or spoil the reflectors since the 100/90 already makes the headlights hot.

Sent from my RAZR

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 16th January 2013 at 11:26.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:46   #6834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Thanks. Wires were changed and ceramic holders put in place of the stock ones. He still needs better lighting. Maybe a fault of the Honda city headlamps ? (owners, please share your thoughts)

What can be done now for better lighting, if XV is not as good as 100/90 ? Should he try 130/100W ?
Philips 100/90 with relay and ceramic holders should give sufficient output in the Honda City if the reflectors and glass are OK.

The only way to better this is to go for projector setup.
Auxilliary Lights may also be an option but it will spoil the front view.

Decision is yours now.
Old 16th January 2013, 14:34   #6835
BHPian

Thanks guys, does the type and quality of relay/ wiring affect the final light output too?
amitwiz1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 19:46   #6836
BHPian

I have a Brio and am typical unhappy with the intensity and throw of the head lamps. As the car is new, I do not want to put a relay etc and affect the warranty. Will Phillips Extreme Vision 60/55 or Osram Night Breakers 60/55 genuinely improve the intensity without affecting warranty, because the rating is the same?

On highways at night, the lights are almost suicidal, there are times when I can't see anything!! Will these bulbs help? Thank you
Old 16th January 2013, 20:11   #6837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
I have a Brio and am typical unhappy with the intensity and throw of the head lamps. As the car is new, I do not want to put a relay etc and affect the warranty. Will Phillips Extreme Vision 60/55 or Osram Night Breakers 60/55 genuinely improve the intensity without affecting warranty, because the rating is the same?

On highways at night, the lights are almost suicidal, there are times when I can't see anything!! Will these bulbs help? Thank you
I have been using Osram NB+ since past 6 months, and pretty happy with them. It's anyways better than the stock.
Old 16th January 2013, 20:17   #6838
BHPian

Quote:
Will Phillips Extreme Vision 60/55 or Osram Night Breakers 60/55 genuinely improve the intensity without affecting warranty, because the rating is the same?
While its a definite improvement over stock, the difference is not earth-shattering. Get yourself a pair of anti glare driving glasses. Pair that with night breakers and you stand a chance against the high beams.

Also upgrade you fog lamps to HID like I did. It helps a lot.

If budget permits, go with HID + projector for main lamps. They do not affect warranty if done the proper way.

Tassem.

Last edited by Tassem : 16th January 2013 at 20:19.
Old 16th January 2013, 23:05   #6839
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody here, using philips rally 90/100, post pictures of low and hi beam on his ride. I currently have 4300k Halonix 90/100 bulbs, but my Dad want me to get yellow bulbs, aka stock light kinda color.

So, i am looking forward to rally. If any one can post pictures, then it would be a great help in deciding

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 17th January 2013, 09:42   #6840
BANNED

Quote:
I have put the NB+ in my Brio. Helps a lot. See post #28 on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-brio-v-2.html. I have a set of 3000K H11 HIDs for Fogs on order and expect them next month. I will first put them in the Civic and then if Ok, into the Brio. Getting good quality Ballasts is easier said than done.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed