Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2013, 22:52   #6856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know from where did you purchase the bulbs and the cost.
I got it from AK traders, JC road, Bangalore. Cost was Rs. 900 per pair inclusive of taxes, with proper bill. MRP printed is Rs. 600 per bulb!
Address: AK TRADERS
PH: 080 2670 7295
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BANGALORE 02.

Please see the below post for the pics:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3013314
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 18:04   #6857
BHPian

Installed HID kit for my cheap aux lamps and I have HID Aux lamp set for under INR 3500 I will have to be careful to point them down.

I will post pictures soon.
Old 20th January 2013, 19:27   #6858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
That's too costly. I got the same pair in Rs 1100 (without bill) from Philips authorized dealer...
It's the NB+ competitor from Philips right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
..I use them at the lowest setting in the leveller ie 3. I find this sufficient though earlier I used setting 0 but that was just too bright ahead.

Now the thing is that even in the low beam, people in the opposite lane think I'm driving on high beam and start flashing their lights...
Isn't "3" the highest setting? I think you should set it to "0" to point it to the lowest position. Also you could check with your A$$ guys to focus the bulb a bit more downwards after tweaking the holders or something (Not sure you can do it, but a guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
...Also upgrade you fog lamps to HID like I did. It helps a lot...
Do you have a link to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
... I have a set of 3000K H11 HIDs for Fogs on order and expect them next month. I will first put them in the Civic and then if Ok, into the Brio. Getting good quality Ballasts is easier said than done.
Where did you place the order for these? I have been trying real hard to find better bulbs for my fogs (H8) in Swift,

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
Installed HID kit for my cheap aux lamps and I have HID Aux lamp set for under INR 3500 I will have to be careful to point them down.

I will post pictures soon.
Please do. Waiting for it.
Old 20th January 2013, 19:40   #6859
Distinguished - BHPian

Philips Xtreme Vision

Yesterday i changed my i20 bulbs to Xtreme vision since one of my Xtreme power bulbs fused. So changed both the bulbs. Comparison with Xtreme power

->Light is bit whiter than Xtreme power
->Low beam is marginally better in brightness.Spread and throw is same as previous
->High beam is vastly better over the Xtreme power.The spread and throw is very efficient.
Old 21st January 2013, 10:59   #6860
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Where did you place the order for these? I have been trying real hard to find better bulbs for my fogs (H8) in Swift,
This is with Kochi based chap who goes by the handle XenonPro on the other forum. He sources his stuff from major Chinese manufacturers (brands I cannot disclose) and my stuff is expected by mid-February. Normally he does not keep PnP wiring kits, hence the lag (he gets his stuff by sea). I will come back once I get my stuff. I checked with P8 but they dono do any stuff below 3900K. The ballasts are also AC. He claims that in five years he has not come across any bulb failures. The cost is expected to be in the 7-7.5k region.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 23:03   #6861
BHPian

Relatively low key query here. On the lookout for fog lamps for my Xing. Local shop dude tells me the brand 'OCN' is one of the better ones. Around 950/- per pair. Out of stock due to high demands, stocks will come in from Chennai soon.

Has anyone heard of or used this particular brand? Any idea regarding its reliability?

The shop dude says its better than Autopal. But that's the name I've heard more often. And they have a website too!

OEM one's have been quoted at 1500/- a pair by Hyundai A$S.

What should be my choice?
Old 21st January 2013, 23:18   #6862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Relatively low key query here. On the lookout for fog lamps for my Xing. Local shop dude tells me the brand 'OCN' is one of the better ones. Around 950/- per pair. Out of stock due to high demands, stocks will come in from Chennai soon.

Has anyone heard of or used this particular brand? Any idea regarding its reliability?

The shop dude says its better than Autopal. But that's the name I've heard more often. And they have a website too!

OEM one's have been quoted at 1500/- a pair by Hyundai A$S.

What should be my choice?
He is quoting way too much price for OCN, I got OCN fog lamps for my santro, just for 350/- around a year back.

Regarding reliability, they are damn VFM, Just change the bulb in the fog lamp as the bulb which comes by default in OCN fog lamp, goes kaput in few month and doesn't offer good illumination.

I got OCN fog lamps for my Accent, as my OEM lumax fog lamps broke down. For accent, I got it for 650/- around 6 months back.

As the dealer in your area is quoting too much price, I'll suggest you to get OEM's instead. If you manage to find them for decent price, Go for them, If not, Go ahead with OEM.

Or try, If you can find Galio, Fog lamps. Should cost you around 800/- Rs, quality is, bit better then OCN ones. But finding them is not easy.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 21st January 2013 at 23:19.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:57   #6863
Senior - BHPian

OCN fog lamps are as good as candle lights.
I had purchased them for my accent about 4-yrs back,switched over to OEM after 2 months as OCN's hardly offered any illumination.
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:20   #6864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
OCN fog lamps are as good as candle lights.
I had purchased them for my accent about 4-yrs back,switched over to OEM after 2 months as OCN's hardly offered any illumination.
From where you got the OEM fog lamps and for how much ?
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:29   #6865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
From where you got the OEM fog lamps and for how much ?
I Bought Lumax fog lamps from a Hyundai Parts dealer.
I had got them in 2010 for about 2000 for the pair.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 01:36   #6866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
...Just change the bulb in the fog lamp as the bulb which comes by default in OCN...
Any bulb suggestions?? With cost, if possible please!
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:16   #6867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Any bulb suggestions?? With cost, if possible please!
I don't about fog lamp bulb specification for santro. Can you please let me know, what is it ?
Old 24th January 2013, 12:20   #6868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I got it from AK traders, JC road, Bangalore. Cost was Rs. 900 per pair inclusive of taxes, with proper bill. MRP printed is Rs. 600 per bulb!
Can you post a picture to show the throw, reach and color of the light?
Old 24th January 2013, 15:19   #6869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
From what I understand, warranty should not be affected as long as the wiring is kept intact without cutting it. Since the XUV already has the projectors, the HID bulbs should be an easy fit with the ballasts. I am trying to confirm this with the A.S.S.

I am not certain of the pricing for the 4300K and the 6000K.

Will proceed only post discussion with the A.S.S on the warranty part since nobody else has replied to that part of my earlier post.

On a side note, do drop a PM with your mobile number.

Cheers.
Did you by any chance get the HID bulbs fitted in your XUV. If so which brand, what was the price and where?

I had checked with one of the RM's and the person mentioned switching to HID lights for the low beam is surely going to result in warranty loss, though there is no need of any cutting. Reason provided was HID bulbs are going to use more voltage and thereby would affect the LED parking lights. This might result in some of the LED lights conking off and the whole light unit will have to be replaced. Cost would be around 11000Rs.

One of the A.S.S guys gave me a suggestion he was providing customers approaching him with this enquiry. Replace the bulbs with HID. However, ensure to know some outside mechanic who can replace the bulbs with the normal ones before bringing in the car to the service centre. That way the warranty stays. But my doubt is if the Light unit needs to be replaced, would the HID lights leave some kind of burning marks within the projector that would be a give away.

FundaG
Old 24th January 2013, 16:23   #6870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Reason provided was HID bulbs are going to use more voltage and thereby would affect the LED parking lights.

One of the A.S.S guys gave me a suggestion he was providing customers approaching him with this enquiry. Replace the bulbs with HID.
FundaG
Am not sure on this. HID's produce less voltage AFAIK. How would be affect the LED's. This is some wrong information that this RM is conveying.

Also, replacing just the HID's with normal halogens bulbs wont do. If the mechanic is actually a mechanic, he will spot the ballast and the wiring used for HID's. Remove the ballast and HID's, then it would be safe but I dont think people will actually do this everytime.

Talking from my personal experience, all A.S.S guys will not encourage aftermarket accessories. Need anything, they would recommend their own products only. Change the number plate bulbs to LED, that will void the warranty according to them.

I had a chance to speak to one guy working at a service station and he mentioned that as long as the stock wiring is safe and not played around, warranty will be absolutely safe.

I have been using many aftermarket products including aftermarket projectors, HIDs, DRL's, LED's all around and still claim my warranty.

To give you an example, I upsized my tyres from 14" to 15". As soon as you do that, warranty is supposed to be 'kaput'. I have changed my shocks 2 times under warranty. I do agree that in this case warranty is a gone case, but I got the claim

My advice - Build a good relationship with any SA and you can enjoy the warranty without problems.

PS - Not advising anyone to break the rules, but there are many wrong informations passed by these SA's.

No offence! Just a personal thought.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks