Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 12:24   #6916
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Found another link which seems to be decent for bulbs. Prices look good.

http://epitstop.in/
Add this to the list
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

I have personally bought bulbs from here. Pretty fast delivery and I found the rates to be reasonable. They too have single bulbs.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 12:26   #6917
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Add this to the list
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

I have personally bought bulbs from here. Pretty fast delivery and I found the rates to be reasonable. They too have single bulbs.
Delivery to India with no customs problem? My link was indian store.
Old 8th February 2013, 12:30   #6918
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the links.
I will try those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Osram NB+ and Philips XV are both 60/55W drop in
replacements for the stock bulbs. What is done is to make them run hotter and there is a different gas mixture inside which permits this. The light improvement is about 30-40%. As they run hotter the colour temperature is naturally higher and the NB+ also has a slight blue tint to the casing.

Incidentally, when I checked last Vicky.in was selling single bulbs.
So NB+ will be bad in rains?
What about Philips XV?

And if they run hotter, can they spoil the glass/reflector?
Old 8th February 2013, 13:01   #6919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Between, Nightbreakers are NOT the same as a crystal vision / Diamond vision - they have genuine higher output unlike the latter! For both crystal / diamond vision, the output will be 55W where as Nightbreaker gives close to a 100W output. Nightbreaker also has two different tinges for high & low beams, one white & the other yellow - NO blue tinges.
May I ask you from where did you get this information.
Osram NB/NB+ and Philips XV are equivalent headlights with 55/60W and 4300K.
Philips Crystal Vision and Diamond Vision (5000K) produces more white light and are nearer to HID bulbs.
Old 8th February 2013, 13:11   #6920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Delivery to India with no customs problem? My link was indian store.
No problems for me when I bought three items from them. This included DRL's, LED bulbs for number plate, indicators and interior light and headlight bulbs. My last purchase was done 2 years back. The thing that impressed me was the delivery time - 7 days for the package to reach from UK.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 13:36   #6921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
...So NB+ will be bad in rains?
What about Philips XV?
No experience with NB+, but Philips XV is definitely good in rain as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
...4300K. Philips Crystal Vision and Diamond Vision (5000K) produces more white light and are nearer to HID bulbs.
The higher colour temperature (what you have mentioned above) only indicates if the light is going to be whiter or not, it does not indicate if the white light will be brighter or not.

From my usage of Crystal Vision, I can say that the light definitely 'looks' good, and gives out whitish light, but it is not bright white light, so it fails in rainy conditions. Philips smartly does not advertise the brightness measure (candela/lumens) of these blue-white bulbs, only highlights the colour temperature.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 14:15   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found another link which seems to be decent for bulbs. Prices look good.

http://epitstop.in/
Looks like a good store. Only they don't have Philips XV in stock. At that price, its a mouthwatering deal. Hope its for a pair and not for a single lamp.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:53   #6923
BHPian

Hello team,

Has someone replaced the stock headlights on their SX4 with a more powerful one without any cutting/splicing/adding relay/adding holder etc? I am looking at replacing the stock headlights of my SX4 which is pathetic. Can someone help me with the options that is available please?
Old 8th February 2013, 17:24   #6924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Hello team,

Has someone replaced the stock headlights on their SX4 with a more powerful one without any cutting/splicing/adding relay/adding holder etc? I am looking at replacing the stock headlights of my SX4 which is pathetic. Can someone help me with the options that is available please?

Yeah! Sure!!

Replace your stock bulbs with either Philips XV or Osram NB+. Both are 55W (i.e. stock) and legal. Both the bulbs are almost identical but the claim of 90% or 100% improvement is exagerated. You can expect to have 30-40% increase over the stock bulb.

I have used NB+ purely because they were manufactured in Germany while the XV was China/Taiwan made. Also it is felt by the members that NB+ lasts longer than the Philips XV (Disclaimer : I do not have any data to prove this).

Now you please make your own choise.

Last edited by Sommos : 8th February 2013 at 17:27.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 17:42   #6925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have used NB+ purely because they were manufactured in Germany while the XV was China/Taiwan made. Also it is felt by the members that NB+ lasts longer than the Philips XV (Disclaimer : I do not have any data to prove this).

How do NB+ perform in rains?
If I want standard yellow bulb (no white nonsense), what are the choices?
Old 8th February 2013, 18:36   #6926
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah! Sure!!

Replace your stock bulbs with either Philips XV or Osram NB+. Both are 55W (i.e. stock) and legal. Both the bulbs are almost identical but the claim of 90% or 100% improvement is exagerated. You can expect to have 30-40% increase over the stock bulb.

Hey thanks for the quick response, If you don't mind, can you tell me what color light does these bulbs emit? Also does anyone know the current rates in Bangalore please?
Old 8th February 2013, 20:42   #6927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I will search in Pune tomorrow. BTW, nightbreakers are 55W or 100W? And some friends told me they are not effective in the rains. Is that true?
Nightbreakers are 55W (with output claimed equivalent of a 100W), hence stock replacement with NO need to tweak any wiring. To give you a better comparison, the low beam of the nightbreaker was equivalent to the high beam of my stock bulbs!

I had it sometime back, so I can NOT recall on the effectiveness in rain. But as a whole, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the bulbs. You will see cabbies & those 100W bulb updated vehicles dimming for you!

Quote:
May I ask you from where did you get this information.
Osram NB/NB+ and Philips XV are equivalent headlights with 55/60W and 4300K.
Philips Crystal Vision and Diamond Vision (5000K) produces more white light and are nearer to HID bulbs.
I do NOT understand why have you posted a Kelvin rating for normal halogen bulbs like Crystal / Diamond vision. On top of it, who is disagreeing with the stock wattage?? I know Nightbreakers / Extreme Visions are stock wattage (55W), the 100W claim is the output these bulbs give (output equivalent to a 100W bulb) !!

And can we please come out of this "bling" thing & talk about products on basis of functionality?! NB+ & XVs just provide that!

Quote:
...And if they run hotter, can they spoil the glass/reflector?
NBs / XVs will NOT get as hot as a 100W bulb (reason being the 55W rating, so heat is pretty much same as a stock bulb). Hence your reflectors & doms will be perfectly safe even after a 8 hour continuous night drive!

Quote:
....If I want standard yellow bulb (no white nonsense), what are the choices?
Any standard bulbs other than Crystal / Diamond vision shall give you yellow light.

If you buy NBs / XVs, you will get proper illumination. These bulbs are aimed at performance & NOT bling factor (Unlike Crystal/Diamond vision)! Advantage with NB is you get a slightly whiter light (for high beams or low beams - can't recollect), but it does NOT hinder your illumination in anyway. Have not used XV, so do NOT know it's color pattern.

Quote:
...can you tell me what color light does these bulbs emit? Also does anyone know the current rates in Bangalore please?
With NB, you get a slightly whiter light (for high beams or low beams - can't recollect) & the other beam gives you yellow light, but it does NOT hinder your illumination in anyway. Have not used XV, so do NOT know it's color pattern.

NB+ rates are around Rs. 1200/- a pair (Give or take a few hundreds). But www.autotrends.in website is selling the H4 for Rs. 800/- a pair. I guess that's the BEST price available for NB+ now. Grab a pair if you are interested.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th February 2013 at 21:06.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 00:28   #6928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
Installed HID kit for my cheap aux lamps and I have HID Aux lamp set for under INR 3500 I will have to be careful to point them down.

I will post pictures soon.
Here you go -

Aux lamps are cheap ones available for Rs.450/piece. HID Kit Rs.2750.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-no_lights.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high_beam.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high_beamhid.jpg  

amk_2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 09:40   #6929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the quick response, If you don't mind, can you tell me what color light does these bulbs emit? Also does anyone know the current rates in Bangalore please?
Philips XV / Osram NB+ produces normal light which is closest to a normal halogen bulb. If seen closely the light is slightly whiter than a normal halogen.

But the white light (actual) is produced by Philips Crystal Vision and Diamond Vision. I would not recommend these.

I have purchased NB+ H1 and H7 @ 1K per pair. It should be priced similarly in other cities also.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 01:07   #6930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
Here you go -

Aux lamps are cheap ones available for Rs.450/piece. HID Kit Rs.2750.
Can you please post a pic with Just the Aux lamp, in my opinion its not legal to use HID's in reflectors plus its blinding for the oncoming traffic, making the driving lights point down will kill the entire purpose of the driving lights and pointing them up is a recipe for disaster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks