Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:56   #7096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
Hey Naveen, can you pls name that BHPian? I tried looking at all the Cedia owners but couldn't spot the one you were referring to.

On a side-note, is it also possible to get the same LED arrangement that you see on a new Audi A4/A6 on an s80? I've seen people do it, but don't know of a good place in Bangalore to get the job done.

And, just the way we can 'em angel eyes, is there a name for those A4 LEDs too?
I suggest you dont try to install LED on your volvo. Because, there are no Plug-n-Play DRL LED's available and the ones which are available need splicing of some wires. Trust me , thats the last thing that you would want to do on your brand new car. And with the high tech monitoring system on the high end cars, the ECU will immediately detect the change in the configuration and will start throwing errors. And if you encounter some problem the service center comes to know that you have tampered the wiring then bye bye to your warranty. Do you really want to put your car costing few millions into this risk just to enjoy the looks of the LED's?

On the other hand, if there is a LED kit available for the S80 and i say specifically for S80 with plug and play harness then do go ahead and buy it!
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:12   #7097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I suggest you dont try to install LED on your volvo. Because, there are no Plug-n-Play DRL LED's available and the ones which are available need splicing of some wires. On the other hand, if there is a LED kit available for the S80 and i say specifically for S80 with plug and play harness then do go ahead and buy it!
Well there is one, and I tried it, but it got burnt off very soon

Now looking to import something from USA - the angel eyes + DRL + HID kit with projectors, because even Volvo guys don't have anything here, except the std bi-xenons, which by the way don't look as appealing as the ones you see on Merc E Class or BMW 520d - perhaps that's why they call s80 the understated beauty

Anyway, I'm certainly not game for tampering with the wiring, and losing warranty and peace of mind. Probably I'd be better off experimenting with Cedia, and leaving the s80 alone for now.
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:20   #7098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
Well there is one, and I tried it, but it got burnt off very soon

Anyway, I'm certainly not game for tampering with the wiring, and losing warranty and peace of mind. Probably I'd be better off experimenting with Cedia, and leaving the s80 alone for now.
The bhpian is "SUN" and here's his thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...update-44.html

It will be difficult to source those Audi LED DRL's. I would recommend you not to fiddle with these aftermarket LED's. Wont look good. Installing projectors would be the ideal choice. Some aftermarket kits have good DRLs (Like mine. Its got a similar Audi strip on the sides. Good qulaity when compared to other aftermarket LED strips). Check my thread.

This is minus the angel eyes
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...m-modz-12.html
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:43   #7099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Anything by way of projectors for the Civic? I am thinking in terms of changing the headlamp assemblies.
I have upgraded my civic headlamps by putting Bi Xenon in the Low Beam pod and upgrading the high beams to Osram NB+. I got the job done by Genome, which is a pune based company.
the light was opened with a heat gun, the projectors screwed on and resealed. This was done properly and no issues of moisture or water even after a season of rains.
Along with NB+ in high beam, and the Bi Xenon also moving to High beams, there is ample light. Low beam lighting is also good. However, don't expect OEM type performance. The projectors don't have a very well defined beam. They are more of a flood (Though on low beam, they don't have any glare because of the cutoff.)
Overall, i am satisfied with the projectors, if not overjoyed.
Alternatively, i can suggest if you replace all your bulbs in hi & lo with Osram NB+. This itself will give you a good bump up in light output.

Rgds
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:09   #7100
BHPian

Quote:
Do you really want to put your car costing few millions into this risk just to enjoy the looks of the LED's?
Ahem - it sure feels good to say "few millions", but in reality the cost of the car is barely 0.1 M USD, but if you speak in terms of Rupees, then of course, it's few millions

Anyway, I called up Volvo guys, and they said they'd help me out in the process. Will post pics after I upgrade the headlights, probably by next weekend or so
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:20   #7101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Been running the below configuration for 3 years now :-

Lo Beam - Narva - 80W H7 - White Light
Hi Beam - Narva - 100W H1 - Yellow Light

My high beam is absolutely fine, I want to change the low beams H7's as I don't think they are effective any more.

Suggestions open for what's "hot" in the market now. Would prefer to avoid 'white' light this time. This is also why I am not too keen on going the HID way.
Any takers for this query?

Also, anyone has used PIAA bulbs?
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:02   #7102
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to share my feedback on having used Philips Rally 100/90w setup during a couple of highway drives in the last week.

1. The illumination is certainly bright, much bright than what NB+ or Extreme Vision has to offer. Once you go with a higher wattage setup, you just wouldn't be able to go back to stock or any of the 60/55w setups, no matter how bright they tend to be.
2. The reflectors do get hot on the outside but not as much as I'd expected. Honestly, I was expecting that I wouldn't be able to touch the reflectors after a 6 hour long drive with the lights continuously on however I was in for a surprise, they didn't feel that hot. It was more than the stock bulbs but not finger burning hot. Blackening of the reflectors might not happen as soon as I thought it would.
3. The throw has widened a lot and during hill drives, I guess I might not have to use the fog lamps which I had to earlier due to their wide throw.

Having said that, I feel that low beam has an even lesser throw than the stock setup. I was there during the installation and height adjustment wasn't touched at all but for some reason I feel the throw got compromised for the low beam. Even the high beam could go a little further ahead, did anyone else also observe this?
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:23   #7103
BHPian

What car are you using these bulbs in? Which wiring kit did you use?
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:01   #7104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
What car are you using these bulbs in? Which wiring kit did you use?
Swift with Philips original relay kit that comes with ceramic holders.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:41   #7105
BHPian

Hello friends!
Asuming for the moment that money is not a concern, what lighting would you recommend for Vento? I love those pure white lights on skoda laura or bmw or audi . I m looking for recommendations, where to get it done in Mumbai area and how much to expect to pay for it. Please help me out because its a very new topic for me and we are getting a new vento tdi HL with all bells n whistles this month.
Old 4th April 2013, 00:00   #7106
BHPian

Where can I get NB+ for my Civic in Delhi?

Been looking all around. Everyone says its OOS :(
Old 4th April 2013, 00:23   #7107
BHPian

I ordered a set of H4 NB+ for my ANHC from Autotrends.in. Delivery was quick and got a VAT paid bill too. The price also is lesser than what is quoted in the local accessory shops. I got them at INR 799.
http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...4-12v-55w.html

TIP: This site will charge an additional amount for shipping. Add something decent worth 201 bucks or more(lots of options available) and save on shipping. (No shipping charges on orders worth INR 1000 and above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Where can I get NB+ for my Civic in Delhi?

Been looking all around. Everyone says its OOS :(
Not sure of the correct type of bulbs for Civic, but H1 and H7 are listed on their website.
Old 4th April 2013, 01:48   #7108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
I ordered a set of H4 NB+ for my ANHC from Autotrends.in. Delivery was quick and got a VAT paid bill too. The price also is lesser than what is quoted in the local accessory shops. I got them at INR 799.
http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...4-12v-55w.html

TIP: This site will charge an additional amount for shipping. Add something decent worth 201 bucks or more(lots of options available) and save on shipping. (No shipping charges on orders worth INR 1000 and above)

Not sure of the correct type of bulbs for Civic, but H1 and H7 are listed on their website.
Not available there.

For civic,
HB3 - 9005 - Highbeam
HB4 - 9006 - Lowbeam
Old 6th April 2013, 12:08   #7109
Distinguished - BHPian

I changed the parking lamps of our i20 to LED. Since the main bulbs were yellow(Philips Xtreme vision) , i was on look out for LED which are same color as the head lamp and not the usual white-blue LED which would look out of place.So wanted to share this info with fellow BHPians who are on lookout for yellow-ish LED's!

After a lot of searching ,I finally ordered a pair from dx.com which were described as warm white,exactly the type i wanted. These bulbs were delivered yesterday and i put them on the car. The LED's are of very high quality compared to the ebay india ones that i purchased for my bike.

The end result is simply too good . I wanted yellowish parking lights but brighter and i got what i wanted. The LED's are really bright and has changed the look of the car when just the parking lights are on. They look very nice!

Here is what i ordered -

http://dx.com/p/sencart-t10-1-8w-350...v-2-pcs-168086

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 6th April 2013 at 12:09.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 12:34   #7110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I changed the parking lamps of our i20 to LED. Since the main bulbs were yellow(Philips Xtreme vision) , i was on look out for LED which are same color as the head lamp and not the usual white-blue LED which would look out of place.So wanted to share this info with fellow BHPians who are on lookout for yellow-ish LED's!

Here is what i ordered -

http://dx.com/p/sencart-t10-1-8w-350...v-2-pcs-168086
Thanks for the information. This will be useful for others. Another thing is dx.com. I have been a regular customer and have personally bought many products from them. Unbeatable price and selection. The only problem I face is their delivery time. Around 2-3 weeks but cant argue when they offer free shipping from US. How fast did you get yours? Also post some pics.

Most Viewed