Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 11:00   #7156
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I had an issue with my Accent CRDi very recently. Issue was Brake lights were ON even after parking the car.
Moral of the story : All three brake lights were controlled by a single fuse.

I shall check how much did they charge for fixing the brake switch.
Thank you so much jacs. This was really helpful.

I was surprised how easily Hyundai A$$ guys ascribed the brake lights failure to the switch without even checking the switch. Then he started his bull and cock story about three lights being controlled by three different fuses. Somehow, these people never inspire confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have you checked the fuses by yourself ? The fuse boxes are usually clearly marked with which ones do what.
Thanks Mayankk. In another post, Jacs has explained it quite well. Will check the fuse thing myself.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:23   #7157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Thank you so much jacs. This was really helpful.

I was surprised how easily Hyundai A$$ guys ascribed the brake lights failure to the switch without even checking the switch. Then he started his bull and cock story about three lights being controlled by three different fuses. Somehow, these people never inspire confidence.

Thanks Mayankk. In another post, Jacs has explained it quite well. Will check the fuse thing myself.

Just checked my bills, they did not change the switch but just adjusted and charged INR 100 (mentioned brake bulb replacement in labour charges). Check the below pic for locating the stop light fuse.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img00544201304301203.jpg
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 17:06   #7158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
I am looking to change my Honda City OEM bulbs to either Philips Xtreme vision or Osram NB+.
I went for Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs and can see visible improvement in the lighting. Taking the car to the highway next week and will know how helpful is the improvement in the lighting for highway driving. Now, I am thinking if I should change the fog lamp bulbs as well.
Jammy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 17:10   #7159

Hi Bhpians,

I have been planning to upgrade the bulbs on my Honda civic for sometime now and I was exploring the available options.

As you guys already know, the headlamps in civic comes with dedicated bulbs for low beam (HB4 - 9006 - 51W) and high beam (HB3 - 9005 - 60W) which I find highly inadequate. I understand installing HID's in the OEM headlamps would result in light getting scattered which might not provide the required illumination/focus and would also affect the visibility of oncoming traffic. Hence, concluded to buy higher wattage bulbs and was able to source Philips HB4-9006-70W for low beam (2 pcs - one on each side) and Philips HB3-9005-100W (2 pcs - one on each side) for high beam after a long hunt at JC road, Bangalore. Each bulb cost me INR 250 as I bought this from a dealer.

Can anyone please let me know if I can use these bulbs as direct plug and play or would I need a wiring harness/relay? I searched for compatible wiring harness and ceramic holders for HB3/HB4 bulbs all day at JC road but was in vain. Are you guys aware of any outlets in bangalore or online where I can source them? Also, would I need two relays as there are total 4 bulbs (2 on each side)?

I am looking for better visibily at night and your inputs are highly valued.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 30th April 2013, 20:56   #7160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_jayaraj View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Can anyone please let me know if I can use these bulbs as direct plug and play or would I need a wiring harness/relay?

Thanks in advance!!
For higher wattage bulbs , it's always better to have a relay in place .
You can check with Autoshop or EVO regarding the relay or as a matter of fact getting the same fitted and I am sure they will help you out with that .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 09:54   #7161
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

How many of you have upgraded the twin-barrel headlamps of Fiesta with 100/90W? We are looking to upgrade on a friends car as a long night ride is approaching and felt the stock lights ineffective. I searched but finding negative responses only. Not looking for HID kits.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:04   #7162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

How many of you have upgraded the twin-barrel headlamps of Fiesta with 100/90W? We are looking to upgrade on a friends car as a long night ride is approaching and felt the stock lights ineffective. I searched but finding negative responses only. Not looking for HID kits.
I know couple of guys who upgraded the lights of Fiesta. The most common mod will be using 100w bulbs in the low and sticking to stock wattage but different brands in the high. Since high beams are not used always, many stick to the stock wattage since they do not want to overload the batteries. So the recommended upgrade would be

Low - higher rated bulbs (Philips)
High - stock wattage but different brand (Philips)
Stock Fog

This should provide better visibility.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 12:08   #7163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I know couple of guys who upgraded the lights of Fiesta. The most common mod will be using 100w bulbs in the low and sticking to stock wattage but different brands in the high. Since high beams are not used always, many stick to the stock wattage since they do not want to overload the batteries. So the recommended upgrade would be

Low - higher rated bulbs (Philips)
High - stock wattage but different brand (Philips)
Stock Fog

This should provide better visibility.
Hey Naveen,

Any recommended shops in Kochi who can install this? My friend already approached couple of stores in Vyttila Bypass but they refused and tried to sell HID only.

Also looks like the priority is high-beam here as the requirement is only during high-speed drives on speedways.

In Bangalore, I had done on my Palio but then it was a custom job since no ready made kits were available. It lasted all along till the car is sold.
Old 1st May 2013, 12:26   #7164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naveen,

Any recommended shops in Kochi who can install this? My friend already approached couple of stores in Vyttila Bypass but they refused and tried to sell HID only.

Also looks like the priority is high-beam here as the requirement is only during high-speed drives on speedways.
Usually it's the opposite. They should be selling halogen bulbs for normal reflector type of setup. Maybe they were trying to earn a quick buck.
Anyhow, all accessories shops should have this setup. Else, try teamenergy near Thamanam (it's near International stadium - Along pullepady/thamanam route). They are mainly into audio installs and bodykits but should do this. Stay away from Emperor.

Installing higher wattage in both beams can take a toll on the battery. Just consult with the mechanic and ask his opinion also.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:01   #7165
BHPian

Hello

Where can I source the original philips xtreme vision H4 bulbs from? Any authorised dealer selling online? I am not very keen on purchasing it from ebay as I doubt how genuine it would be.
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:22   #7166
Senior - BHPian

I need to buy a pair of 90/100bulbs for my accent, I am currently using halonex 90/100 4300k bulbs, since a year, yesterday one of them went kaput.

I have almost zeroed on Philips rally, my question is, do I have any better choice or rally would be my best bet?
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:25   #7167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naveen,

In Bangalore, I had done on my Palio but then it was a custom job since no ready made kits were available. It lasted all along till the car is sold.
Could also try Galaxy @ Edappally
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:37   #7168
BHPian

Hello All,

I have new wagon R purchased in April 2013. I want to know if I can change the stock Headlight Bulbs without adding 100/90 Relay and bulbs. I have 100/90 put in my Dezire and my earlier 800 which wrks very good. Wagon Rs light seems good but stil I want to check if there are any good options available like Phillips Extreme/ Osram NB or Hella etc.

Regards
Old 2nd May 2013, 18:30   #7169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I need to buy a pair of 90/100bulbs for my accent, I am currently using halonex 90/100 4300k bulbs, since a year, yesterday one of them went kaput.

I have almost zeroed on Philips rally, my question is, do I have any better choice or rally would be my best bet?
Was not able to find rally, so bought this, will update after testing them in night. Costed me 100/- each.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130502_182944.png
Views: 2152
Size:  535.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hello All,

I have new wagon R purchased in April 2013. I want to know if I can change the stock Headlight Bulbs without adding 100/90 Relay and bulbs. I have 100/90 put in my Dezire and my earlier 800 which wrks very good. Wagon Rs light seems good but stil I want to check if there are any good options available like Phillips Extreme/ Osram NB or Hella etc.

Regards
If you don't want to go for 90/100, then you can either buy Philips extremvision or Osram night breakers, they come in same wattage as stock i.e 55/60. Would cost around 1000/- bucks a pair.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 2nd May 2013 at 18:33.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:19   #7170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Usually it's the opposite. They should be selling halogen bulbs for normal reflector type of setup. Maybe they were trying to earn a quick buck.
Anyhow, all accessories shops should have this setup. Else, try teamenergy near Thamanam (it's near International stadium - Along pullepady/thamanam route). They are mainly into audio installs and bodykits but should do this. Stay away from Emperor.

Installing higher wattage in both beams can take a toll on the battery. Just consult with the mechanic and ask his opinion also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Could also try Galaxy @ Edappally
Thanks Naveen and deathwalkr. Have requested my friend to try both over the weekend.

Most Viewed