Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:53   #7171
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Folks, I've got the 6000K philips HID installed in my Figo. The problem is the spread of the light and I believe projectors is the answer. What I need to know is will the same HID kit work or do I have to remove this and go for a fresh set of HID kit with projectors..!!
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:28   #7172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, I've got the 6000K philips HID installed in my Figo. The problem is the spread of the light and I believe projectors is the answer. What I need to know is will the same HID kit work or do I have to remove this and go for a fresh set of HID kit with projectors..!!
Well, it depends on the projector kits. There are different brands available and each accept different bulb configurations. Some kits will have H9 while others might have H4. So I would suggest you to check the current HID bulb type and try to source projectors that's got this bulb config.

Cheers!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 02:52   #7173
BHPian

Are osram NB plus whiter/more bluish than philps xtreme vision? I would prefer the Kelvin reading to be closer to the original bulbs.
Old 4th May 2013, 09:58   #7174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Are osram NB plus whiter/more bluish than philps xtreme vision? I would prefer the Kelvin reading to be closer to the original bulbs.
Both of them are a bit whiter then stock lamps, but the difference is not much, in fact you will hardly be able to notice the difference.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 4th May 2013 at 10:04.
Old 4th May 2013, 22:02   #7175
BHPian

I have some queries regarding this item, so posting here for objective feedback.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Hella-HeadLam...#ht_2054wt_802

1. Is this Hella relay genuine? Is it made by the same company which makes those rally lights?
2. If yes to above, is Hella a good choice for headlight relay?
3. It's difficult to make out from the photo, is the bulb holder ceramic?

If I were to use this or any other relay, what's the best 90/100W bulb considering following points.
A. Better light output than Philips Extreme or Osram NB+.
B. Relatively low heat output so as not to darken lens / reflector.

This is for a Getz.

Last edited by Guite : 4th May 2013 at 22:10.
Old 5th May 2013, 21:35   #7176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I drive a Getz prime Crdi (June 2008) model and had installed 90/100W bulbs with relay, wiring.
Recently noticed lighting is not powerful as it was earlier and reason is reflectors have gone black because of excess heat.
Quoting a 2 year old post. I am contemplating once again to put 100/90w headlight on my Getz.

Hi djay99, I want to understand your exact setup and usage which resulted in the reflector getting spoilt. Were you using top of the range Philips Rally bulbs? How much time duration was your average usage of headlight per day? During this time was it always on high beam?

I believe 100/90 bulbs also come in varying light output and accordingly proportionate heat generation. I am thinking Philips Essential Power / Vision will generate less heat. Moreover the Philips website description says it has UV blocker to protect the reflector.

My average usage per day is just about 15 to 20 minutes, out of which I need high beam only half the time. So am still thinking whether I can safely take the risk.

I have been using Osram NB+ and fairly satisfied with it. However as a person wearing spectacles, oncoming high beams which refuse to dip are giving me huge problem. If you can't beat them, join them!
Old 5th May 2013, 21:49   #7177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Quoting a 2 year old post. I am contemplating once again to put 100/90w headlight on my Getz snip.....
Hey Guite, I am using 90/100 setup in car for last 3 years and so far I haven't noticed any blackening of reflector on my car. I use lights hardly in city, say max, 20-30 mins a day, but use them extensively on highways.

I have used all types of bulbs from halonex, to lumax to philps. And the current ones are philps premiumvision, best of the lot so far. The throw is awesome and the spread is good.

I'll suggest you to go ahead with with 90/100 setup without any worries, Btw I am using them on my accent.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 22:11   #7178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hey Guite, I am using 90/100 setup in car for last 3 years and so far I haven't noticed any blackening of reflector on my car. I use lights hardly in city, say max, 20-30 mins a day, but use them extensively on highways.

I have used all types of bulbs from halonex, to lumax to philps. And the current ones are philps premiumvision, best of the lot so far. The throw is awesome and the spread is good.

I'll suggest you to go ahead with with 90/100 setup without any worries, Btw I am using them on my accent.
What relay & wiring kit are you using with this? Asking because my wiring seems to be giving problems. It is of Lumax brand. Of late, twice the fuses in the fuse holders have melted, and I have had to replace it. The low beam stops working because of this. Any idea what might be causing this?
Old 5th May 2013, 22:17   #7179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post

What relay & wiring kit are you using with this? Asking because my wiring seems to be giving problems. It is of Lumax brand. Of late, twice the fuses in the fuse holders have melted, and I have had to replace it. The low beam stops working because of this. Any idea what might be causing this?
Am using some cheap chinese brand relay kit, and surprisingly it is holding good so far, I haven't faced any major issues till date.

Except for one, during last few days, my low beam used to stop working but after switching 2-3 times between high and low, it starts working.

And I guess we both are facing the same issue, even fuse in my relay melted and after changing the fuse, the issue went away.

Most probably the culprit here is relay, time for change now, I guess. I'll get Hella relay this time probably.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 5th May 2013 at 22:18.
Old 5th May 2013, 22:38   #7180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting a 2 year old post. I am contemplating once again to put 100/90w headlight on my Getz.

Hi djay99, I want to understand your exact setup and usage which resulted in the reflector getting spoilt. Were you using top of the range Philips Rally bulbs? How much time duration was your average usage of headlight per day? During this time was it always on high beam?
Was using 90/100 Philips rallye and most of the time drove in city with low beams (i hate high beams) for about 30 to 40 min daily and hence the reflectors turned black. These bulbs build up a lot of heat and are not advisable for city usage. I believe 10 to 15 min is fine but note more than that.
I bought a new set of headlight unit from hyundai last year and now using philips xtreme vision bulbs and i am satisfied with it. This cannot be compared with 90/100 setup which was fantastic but i am planning to install hella unit some time later.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 22:40   #7181
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you sameerg001 for giving me the confidence. Both Accent and Getz are old generation Hyundai products so I suppose the headlight assembly materal and construction has a lot in common.

In another post you mention about fuse replacement. I am not much of a self maintenance guy. How easy is it to procure a new fuse? From any 'kirana' kind of spare parts store or only from large spare parts market? How do you troubleshoot and change the fuse?
Old 5th May 2013, 22:42   #7182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was using 90/100 Philips rallye and most of the time drove in city with low beams (i hate high beams) for about 30 to 40 min daily and hence the reflectors turned black. These bulbs build up a lot of heat and are not advisable for city usage. I believe 10 to 15 min is fine but note more than that.
I bought a new set of headlight unit from hyundai last year and now using philips xtreme vision bulbs and i am satisfied with it. This cannot be compared with 90/100 setup which was fantastic but i am planning to install hella unit some time later.
That's surprising, infact my cousin who used the same bulbs on his santro for over a year and then shifted to Hella 90/100, with Philips relay and wiring, didn't faced any darkening, and his daily driving includes 60 kms on highway which means he is on high beams for over a hour and half everyday.

Quote:
In another post you mention about fuse replacement. I am not much of a self maintenance guy. How easy is it to procure a new fuse? From any 'kirana' kind of spare parts store or only from large spare parts market? How do you troubleshoot and change the fuse?
Changing a fuse is a child's play, you can procure the appropriate fuse form any spare parts shop. It hardly takes a min to change it.

But there are very rare chances that you will have to encounter this situation, this is the only problem I faced in 3 years after upgrading the lights.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 5th May 2013 at 22:49.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 09:49   #7183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's strange. I've been running on 130w bulbs on my swift for many years now and have not had any issues with darkening.

Please check if the bulbs are original. Sometimes in the fake ones, the silver coating on the bulb head peels off which could lead to fast darkening of the reflectors.
Old 6th May 2013, 10:24   #7184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks Naveen and deathwalkr. Have requested my friend to try both over the weekend.
My friend visited Galaxy on Saturday first half and they did the job in two hours as front bumper needed to be removed for install.

Galaxy people convinced him to upgrade both dim and bright. below are the details.

Dim : 100W Hella
Bright : 80W Osram
Relay : Some kit customized for Fiesta

Total Cost : INR 2650 including install

Yet to test the results, shall post after the coming weekend drive to Bandipur, Wayanad, Calicut.
Old 6th May 2013, 18:50   #7185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's surprising, infact my cousin who used the same bulbs on his santro for over a year and then shifted to Hella 90/100, with Philips relay and wiring, didn't faced any darkening, and his daily driving includes 60 kms on highway which means he is on high beams for over a hour and half everyday.
I am wrong. It was not philips rallye but some bulb from GE. Bulb was of good quality but i think Getz reflectors are not that good when compared to santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks