Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 19:03   #7186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Bosch has come out with a range of Premium Lamps and Spot Lamps in its range.
Advantages of the premium lamps are stated as below.
1.Upto 90% more Throw on road
2.Integrated white and normal light in the same lamp for city and off-road use
3.Clear road vision
4.Brighter, sharper and safer light
5.UV block, safe for plastic headlamps
6.Imported child parts

Also available are spot lamps imported for HCV, LCV, SUV and PC segment.
Advantages of the spot lamps are stated as below.
1. Extensive range covering HCV, LCV, SUV and PC segment
2. Wide range of lighting profiles for maximum visibility
3. Robust design for stable mounting and long service life
4. Convinient installation, operation and bulb replacement
5. Universal fitment for all vehicles
6. Available in Xenon and Halogen range

Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-picture__enhanced_metafile__4.jpg  

unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 23:10   #7187
BHPian

I would like to upgrade the Headlights on my Wagon-R K10. Basic need is to improve the visibility for Highway driving in the night. I feel the need for better throw and spread both in Low beam and high beam. Should I upgrade to 90/100? Does it make a big difference compared to better 55/60 bulbs? Also, I like the white bulbs over the yellow ones. Which is supposedly better? Seeking all your help and suggestions.

Cheers!
Old 9th May 2013, 06:42   #7188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Also, I like the white bulbs over the yellow ones. Which is supposedly better? Seeking all your help and suggestions.

Cheers!
White light is lousy when compared to the normal yellow light of the same wattage unless one goes in for Projectors.

This thread has a nice reference on the light colors somewhere...

Be careful when doing the maths!!
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 08:38   #7189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to upgrade the Headlights on my Wagon-R K10. Basic need is to improve the visibility for Highway driving in the night. I feel the need for better throw and spread both in Low beam and high beam. Should I upgrade to 90/100? Does it make a big difference compared to better 55/60 bulbs? Also, I like the white bulbs over the yellow ones. Which is supposedly better? Seeking all your help and suggestions.

Cheers!
Higher wattage bulbs will definitely improve the visibility when compared to stock wattage bulbs. but for this you need to get the entire kit like ceramic holders, relays, wiring kit etc. White bulbs will look cool but yellow light (stock color) will give better visibility. I would suggest you to stick with stock color and upgrade to higher wattage bulbs.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 00:08   #7190
BHPian

Came across this excellent product today, bought it and installed it. This is not the same Hella harness I saw two years back, quality of which I had suspected then and so did not buy it at that time. This one exudes quality, something you would expect from a German brand. Double relay, double fuse:- one for each headlight. Cable quality also feels solid. MRP is Rs.1008, got it for Rs.900.

Also bought and installed Philips Premium (similar to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3111267). Light output is not as bright as daylight (expression borrowed from some post in this thread), but better than stock wattage bulbs. May opt for Philips Rally later, lots of them available where I bought above stuffs.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130511_124258_650.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130511_124407_657.jpg  

Old 12th May 2013, 09:51   #7191
BHPian

Projectors installed in my friend's Liva! Costs 14k.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130512_095044.png
Views: 1268
Size:  295.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130512_095107.png
Views: 1053
Size:  234.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130512_095128.png
Views: 1305
Size:  324.8 KB
Old 13th May 2013, 18:50   #7192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
White light is lousy when compared to the normal yellow light of the same wattage unless one goes in for Projectors.

This thread has a nice reference on the light colors somewhere...

Be careful when doing the maths!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Higher wattage bulbs will definitely improve the visibility when compared to stock wattage bulbs. but for this you need to get the entire kit like ceramic holders, relays, wiring kit etc. White bulbs will look cool but yellow light (stock color) will give better visibility. I would suggest you to stick with stock color and upgrade to higher wattage bulbs.
Points taken. Thank you! Can you suggest me some good bulbs too? After reading many posts in the thread, I was thinking of Philips rally or premiumvision. Any suggestions regarding the wiring kit and relays? This is the first time I'm ever upgrading a bulb, so don't have much of an idea. And I use the car for an appreciable time in the night regularly. So can these higher wattage bulbs damage the reflectors? I see people with such experiences too in this thread, hence the doubt. I'm planning a trip to Kollur in a week, so thinking of upgrading before that. And by any chance, can I still use my 55/60W bulbs in the upgraded ceramic holders?

Thank you.

Cheers!

Last edited by freakmuzik : 13th May 2013 at 19:07. Reason: Added detail
Old 14th May 2013, 10:11   #7193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Points taken. Thank you! Can you suggest me some good bulbs too? After reading many posts in the thread, I was thinking of Philips rally or premiumvision. Any suggestions regarding the wiring kit and relays? This is the first time I'm ever upgrading a bulb, so don't have much of an idea. And I use the car for an appreciable time in the night regularly. So can these higher wattage bulbs damage the reflectors? I see people with such experiences too in this thread, hence the doubt. I'm planning a trip to Kollur in a week, so thinking of upgrading before that. And by any chance, can I still use my 55/60W bulbs in the upgraded ceramic holders?

Thank you.

Cheers!
Philips would be the right choice although am not sure which particular model to go for. Check this thread and you will get the answer to which model is the best. As for the relays, there are many leading manufacturers providing the same. Just dont buy the kit that comes in plain plastic covers. These will be locally made.

As for the damage to the reflectors, there are mixed response. Two of friends had bad experience but most of the guys dont seem to have any problems. I have used these higher wattage bulbs only for couple of months. Although it gets hot after couple of hours, it performed well.

Yes, you should be able to switch back to stock bulbs easily.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 10:31   #7194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Projectors installed in my friend's Liva! Costs 14k.

Attachment 1082652
Looks excellent! Can you share with the details on where you got this done?I have started making plans for my next car.
Old 14th May 2013, 10:43   #7195
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you.

Cheers!
you can get Philips rally 90/100 and a Philips replay kit along with it . Dont need for ceramic holders , as the kit has upgraded holders attached to the wiring . Relay kit has all the plug and play adapters with it . So just get 90/100 rally tube and Philips relay .
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 12:22   #7196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Looks excellent! Can you share with the details on where you got this done?I have started making plans for my next car.

Actually, he drove all the way to Salem to get this done.
They are available in Chennai but, a bit expensive though!
Old 14th May 2013, 13:23   #7197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Came across this excellent product today, bought it and installed it. This is not the same Hella harness I saw two years back, quality of which I had suspected then and so did not buy it at that time. This one exudes quality, something you would expect from a German brand. Double relay, double fuse:- one for each headlight. Cable quality also feels solid. MRP is Rs.1008, got it for Rs.900.

Also bought and installed Philips Premium (similar to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3111267). Light output is not as bright as daylight (expression borrowed from some post in this thread), but better than stock wattage bulbs. May opt for Philips Rally later, lots of them available where I bought above stuffs.
Sounds Brilliant! Would like to try it for my planned upgrade. Did you get it online?
Old 14th May 2013, 13:37   #7198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Sounds Brilliant! Would like to try it for my planned upgrade. Did you get it online?
I got it from a brick and mortar store.
Old 15th May 2013, 18:20   #7199

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Hey Guys, great info in this thread. However couldn't check all the threads in detail. I have a few questions, would appreciate your reply.
I am planning to install the 100/90 HL bulbs on my Alto (as the stock ones are just not sufficient) along with fog lights, my questions are:
1. Will the fog lights also work in normal conditions and provide extra illumination (along with the 100/90)
2. Is it Ok to install the fog lights in the place provided for fog lights in Alto's bumper

Guidance

Alaap
Old 15th May 2013, 20:42   #7200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Philips would be the right choice although am not sure which particular model to go for. Check this thread and you will get the answer to which model is the best. As for the relays, there are many leading manufacturers providing the same. Just dont buy the kit that comes in plain plastic covers. These will be locally made.

As for the damage to the reflectors, there are mixed response. Two of friends had bad experience but most of the guys dont seem to have any problems. I have used these higher wattage bulbs only for couple of months. Although it gets hot after couple of hours, it performed well.

Yes, you should be able to switch back to stock bulbs easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
you can get Philips rally 90/100 and a Philips replay kit along with it . Dont need for ceramic holders , as the kit has upgraded holders attached to the wiring . Relay kit has all the plug and play adapters with it . So just get 90/100 rally tube and Philips relay .
Thanks a lot! I finally upgraded the lights yesterday. Had to go in for 130/100 ( I wanted 90/100) as all I found in 90/100 were white lights which I did not want. Its a Philips Rally one and a pair of them costed Rs.660. The relay kit used was of Hella and costed Rs.900. The shop I went to tried to make me buy a pair of Osram ones (white lights) for Rs.1200 and literally he was forcing me! Those did not even have a pack. I demanded for the cover and stuff and slowly he arranged for a fresh Philips one. I had quite a poor experience. I got to know from the guy the procedure to change to stock bulbs. The upgraded bulbs are awesome and I never feel the need to use the high beam in the city! But I feel 130/100 is an overkill. I'l wait for some more time before deciding whether to change or not.

Here are some pics:

Cover of the bulb
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-hahaa.gif

Low-beam without fogs
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130514-21.29.36-low-widout-fog.jpg

Low-beam with fogs
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130514-21.29.56-high-beam-wid-fog.jpg

High beam without fogs
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130514-21.29.46-high-widout-fog.jpg

High beam with fogs
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130514-21.29.52-high-wid-fog.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help!

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks