Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 19:38   #7516

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congratulations on the new ride!

1) Will this not void your warranty? (using relay)
2) I checked Osram NB+ 55/60 but the guy quoted 1300 + labor
3) How much did this entire package cost you including 100/90 Philips bulb/labor/relay etc?
4) Where did you get it done? can you share some contacts?
Thanks Urajkumar. Details are as below:

1) On warranty being void - Yes, as per my sales exec (haven't started interacting with the service exec at Volkswagen yet). However later I got to know that the Philips relay install did not require any "cutting or slicing of stock wiring" - as the stock wiring to the Headlights had to be unplugged and "re-routed" through the relay circuit - I made sure of this before we even started with the relay install.

The throw is good and "powerful", but spread is not as good as I had experienced in my earlier car (fiesta 1.6) with stock HL. Wondering if its the reflectors in the headlamp assembly or the fact that its only one filament HL assembly for short and high beam throw - being the reason. Could be specific to Vento(s)..

Nevertheless, my upgrade to 90/100 Essential vision with relays is a lot better than the stock HL.Happened to just return from a trip to Kodai - and the headlight upgrades appear to be worth every penny

2) OSRAM NB+55/60 - not sure on the pricing as I didn't go for any of the 55/60 series. Honestly, I haven't seen any demos on OSAM NB 55/60 to comment but went by the other threads of Team BHP.

3) Cost of Philip Bulbs/Philip relays - 800 Rs for two pairs of Phillips essential vision + 900 Rs for the Philips relay kit (it comes with factory encasing for the wiring and circuit board - felt assuring)+ 200 Rs for labour = totalling 1900 Rs.
4) I got it done @ V V Auto accessories store on OMR road (bang opposite to AKDR golf course). The owner's name is Vadivelu - will PM you his mobile/cell.
seeths is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 21:06   #7517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You have two choices to make.
1) 100/90w - Not legal but provides better visibility. Just a plug n play device and will not void your warranty.
2) 55/60w - Stock wattage but you will need to upgrade to a better brand like Philips or Osram. Expect a slight improvement over the stock bulbs.
Can the 100/90w setup be a DIY project? If yes, then what do I need to buy?
Old 19th August 2013, 09:49   #7518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
For this setup, I would suggest that you get it done by an expert. You need to install ceramic holders, relays and proper wiring for the kit.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 12:53   #7519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
If you are a DIY guy, then its possible. What you will need are:

1. A pair of 100/90W bulbs. You can go for Philips. I have used them and they are good. cost about 400/- to 450/-.
2. A complete relay + wiring kit provided by roots/ hella. Cost about 700-800/- bucks.

The complete kit contains a relay, ceramic holders, wires and interconnects which can plug into the existing holders. You will not need to cut existing wires of your set-up.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 19th August 2013 at 12:57.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 13:41   #7520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hi

I'm planning on upgrading the lights on my 2013 i20 to Phillips xtreme Vision 100%+ 65/55

The stock lights are decent. Would xtreme vision be an upgrade to the lighting or not really?
Yes, definitely.
The ads claim 100% more light, but you can safely assume a 40% increase in the light and a better throw. Most importantly, you do not mess with anything in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
2) I checked Osram NB+ 55/60 but the guy quoted 1300 + labor
There is no fixed rate and the price varies from city to city, based on the demand. 13K is reasonable, however please do check with a few other shops and decide.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 14:43   #7521
BHPian

I have an Indica Vista Quadrajet that is going to be out of warranty soon. The stock headlights are terrible to say the least. They are H1 and H7(55w if i'm not mistaken). I frequently do highway trips and these lights are becoming downright dangerous. I had upgraded the bulbs to philips extreme vision just to find out that it did not meet its marketing prank of 100% extra light. What would be the best wiring, relays and bulbs to use in it?

Replies without much jargon would be appreciated.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 19th August 2013 at 14:44.
Old 20th August 2013, 09:56   #7522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
I What would be the best wiring, relays and bulbs to use in it?

Replies without much jargon would be appreciated.
A lot have been discussed in the last few posts as well. But just to answer your question, I will summarize again

1. 100/90W bulbs like Philips or Hella
2. Relay with complete wiring Kit which will include ceramic holders , wires and interconnects.

This will improve the illumination, but is not street legal, as you might be knowing.

Regards,
Saket
Old 20th August 2013, 11:45   #7523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hi

I'm planning on upgrading the lights on my 2013 i20 to Phillips xtreme Vision 100%+ 65/55

The stock lights are decent. Would xtreme vision be an upgrade to the lighting or not really?
Yes Zahir,

I might be late to reply on it..
Go for it. I did it on my Safari Headlights(Phillips xtreme Vision 100%+ 65/55) the results are excellent, I am also using xtreme vision on fog lamps as well.
Now Planning to upgrade to 100/90 or higher soon, after my current problems with car are sorted out .

Regards,
Saurabh.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:33   #7524
Senior - BHPian

Folks finally I was able to upgrade the lighting in the Manza after getting hold of the appropriate relay wiring kit. The headlights in a Manza are H7-H7 type, so the search for a relay was on since 6 months. The after market only had H7-H1 type ones earlier. Now this new relay is available.

I bought from a local company called Super. Comes with Ceramic holders and 6 months warranty. I have affixed 80W bulbs for both hi & lo beams.

Observations:

1. Beam spread is better in low beam and much brighter
2. High beam really lights up the road
3. It has become quite easy to drive at night now.
4. Not much heat observed after driving 20kms in the city traffic.

Relay Cost: 750
Available: JC Road, Bangalore
Bulb: Philips Rallye 80W

Will be posting some night pictures soon.
Old 21st August 2013, 18:07   #7525

All - I am looking to upgrade the lights on my Indica Vista. While it's been relatively easy to find 90/100 bulbs in H7 and H1 (I am thinking of going for Hella Rallye), the wiring kits and relay have been tricky. Any pointers to where i can get some branded kits (hella/phillips/roots) in Hyderabad?

Thanks.
Old 21st August 2013, 18:22   #7526

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

I bought from a local company called Super. Comes with Ceramic holders and 6 months warranty. I have affixed 80W bulbs for both hi & lo beams.
Hi Motomaverick - How is the super kit and relay? I was able to find only this brand when hunting for good wiring kits and relays. Did not make the purchase as i was not sure.

Any feedback from anyone else is also welcome.

Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:13   #7527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs.giri View Post
Hi Motomaverick - How is the super kit and relay? I was able to find only this brand when hunting for good wiring kits and relays. Did not make the purchase as i was not sure.

Thanks.
Super relays lasted well in my case till I sold my car. Most of the Hella relays in market are fake products and Super is atleast an Indian company with a proper warranty .

If you can source original Hella relays, its believed to be better than others.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:50   #7528

Thanks jacs. Can you tell me how long you used the super kit/relay? Agreed, I dont want to end up with fake products. That's why I would like to buy it from authoried/trusted vendors.
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:57   #7529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs.giri View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Super relays lasted well in my case till I sold my car. Most of the Hella relays in market are fake products and Super is atleast an Indian company with a proper warranty .

If you can source original Hella relays, its believed to be better than others.
As rightly mentioned most of the relay kits floating in the market for Hella are fakes made by some local company. Super even though local you do get 6 months warranty. Plus the construction of the material is pretty good, no loose ends etc. It has been working fine since 15th Aug (Date when I got it fixed)
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:19   #7530
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am thinking of getting a VCDS cabl for my Laura to activate a multitude of features, including adaptive headlights. I was thinking of upgrading to Bi-Xenons. Is this possible for the Laura? How much would they cost? would I still be able to use the adaptive feature?

Thanks

imp!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks