Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2014, 13:28   #7891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Recently I've got a pair of brand new Night Hawk HID Kit with ballast for a good price (6K). But the bulb type is H3 ( I guess it would fit only for fog lamps). Is it possible to fix in my Fiesta which is having H1 and H7 for high & low beams? Kindly advise. The guy who is offering me telling that we can fix it in any housing with some adjustments. Is it advisable? I'm really need to hear from you all. Please help me before making a blind decision :-) The main reason for going a bulb upgrade is my Fiesta's right side low beam holder is gone kaput. I'm tired of searching the holder all around. Thought it costs only 50-60 rupees, FORD does not sell it alone. It sells along with entire headlamp assembly. Why should I go for a headlight assembly which may costs 3 to 4K for single bulb holder? This drives me crazy... So, I've no way to use high beam always..
I'm not certain whether H3 bulb will suit on another type holder, even if it does with some adjustment my suggestion would be to stay away from it, because any misalignment on the bulb and the holder will affect the light spread and the focus of the beam which is more important. Moreover using HID without a projector will not serve the purpose at all. Else wait to hear from some one who had tried this before.

If Ford is not selling bulb holders separately why can't you try your luck with aftermarket holder or from some other manufacturers?
A year back I've got pair of ceramic bulb holder for less than 200 bucks.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 13:33   #7892
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I'm not certain whether H3 bulb will suit on another type holder, even if it does with some adjustment my suggestion would be to stay away from it, because any misalignment on the bulb and the holder will affect the light spread and the focus of the beam which is more important. Moreover using HID without a projector will not serve the purpose at all. Else wait to hear from some one who had tried this before.

If Ford is not selling bulb holders separately why can't you try your luck with aftermarket holder or from some other manufacturers?
A year back I've got pair of ceramic bulb holder for less than 200 bucks.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot treadmark! Do we need projector for this? I really not aware of this. That guy told me it just a plug and play like any other bulbs. hmm, he wants ride on me.. thanks for the eye-opener..

I've searched almost all the shops in Chennai, they are telling the same that We can't get that holder and none of other holder would fit in Ford Fiesta.. Not sure how to proceed next..

Last edited by Jebs : 13th January 2014 at 13:34.
Old 13th January 2014, 13:45   #7893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Recently I've got a pair of brand new Night Hawk HID Kit with ballast for a good price (6K). But the bulb type is H3 ( I guess it would fit only for fog lamps). Is it possible to fix in my Fiesta which is having H1 and H7 for high & low beams? Kindly advise. The guy who is offering me telling that we can fix it in any housing with some adjustments. Is it advisable? I'm really need to hear from you all. Please help me before making a blind decision :-)

The main reason for going a bulb upgrade is my Fiesta's right side low beam holder is gone kaput. I'm tired of searching the holder all around. Thought it costs only 50-60 rupees, FORD does not sell it alone. It sells along with entire headlamp assembly. Why should I go for a headlight assembly which may costs 3 to 4K for single bulb holder? This drives me crazy... So, I've no way to use high beam always..
You can fit H3 on H7 type if you can get hold of adapters. If not , stay away from 'adjustments' since it will cause mis alignment of the beam.And moreover unless designed specifically for reflectors putting these bulbs without projectors will cause severe glare on oncoming traffic.

Why not fit it into your fog lamps itself? This way glare will be less since the coverage of fog lamps is not too wide spread and also since the bulb is a H3 and socket is also H3! Just ensure that you don't cut the wires and use a proper harness

For the holder becoming kaput. Just but a good holder with wires aftermarket. Remove the wires from the old and new holder. This is possible if the wires are clip on type and can be pressed and removed from the holders. Otherwise , cut off the kaput holder and solder the new holder into the existing harness and make sure that you cover the solder joint with heat shrink tubing. Get it done from a proper auto electrician. Should not cost more than 300 bucks including labor charges

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 13th January 2014 at 13:49.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 13:58   #7894
Team-BHP Support

Anyone where I can good reliable W5W LED's. Also called as T10. I saw Osram's in a car accessory shop but they are Rs.1100 a pair.

The Ecosport uses 10 of them. 2 for parking lights, 6 in the cabin and 2 in number plate. I'm not confident of the chinese ones as they look very cheap.
Old 13th January 2014, 14:48   #7895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Anyone where I can good reliable W5W LED's. Also called as T10. I saw Osram's in a car accessory shop but they are Rs.1100 a pair.

The Ecosport uses 10 of them. 2 for parking lights, 6 in the cabin and 2 in number plate. I'm not confident of the chinese ones as they look very cheap.
After buying LEDs from local shops (which was expensive), I bought my next set from dx.com . Bought LEDs for number plate and cabin lights(Swift). I should say these are pretty bright and serves the purpose. Moreover, it's a steal considering a pair would be as low as $2-$3. Ordered a set for my friend and planning to buy for my ecosport.
Old 13th January 2014, 15:06   #7896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
After buying LEDs from local shops (which was expensive), I bought my next set from dx.com . Bought LEDs for number plate and cabin lights(Swift). I should say these are pretty bright and serves the purpose. Moreover, it's a steal considering a pair would be as low as $2-$3. Ordered a set for my friend and planning to buy for my ecosport.
Do these LED's have the auto dimming. Ecosport has dimming lights in the cabin. Do LED's work with these?
Old 13th January 2014, 15:13   #7897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do these LED's have the auto dimming. Ecosport has dimming lights in the cabin. Do LED's work with these?
Yes, Swift had auto dimming and these LED's worked. If am correct, I bought the 16 LED festoon type bulbs for the Swift.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 18:11   #7898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Search for sencart t10 LEDs in DX. They make one of the best quality ones. You can get different colors.if you want stock color then add the word warm white when you search them
Old 14th January 2014, 12:58   #7899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Recently I've got a pair of brand new Night Hawk HID Kit with ballast for a good price (6K). But the bulb type is H3 ( I guess it would fit only for fog lamps). Is it possible to fix in my Fiesta which is having H1 and H7 for high & low beams? Kindly advise. The guy who is offering me telling that we can fix it in any housing with some adjustments. Is it advisable? I'm really need to hear from you all. Please help me before making a blind decision :-)

s..
Though you may be able to fit the bulb with some adjustments or an adapter, the reflector design cant be changed. Hence a H3 bulb in a reflector designed for H7 will ruin the focus. Hence its best such mods are avoided.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 13:39   #7900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looking to buy the Philips xtreme vision. Will these be better or worse for fog compared to the OE bulbs? I already have a pair of fog lamps.

Local accessory shops in my locality don't seem to have its stock. Found a pair on Snapdeal for 1300 a pair. http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...99992?pos=0;20
Philips Extreme Visions are good. I have installed 100/90w with bosch relay in my Getz. Very good brightness and throw.
Old 14th January 2014, 22:58   #7901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushmulay View Post
Philips Extreme Visions are good. I have installed 100/90w with bosch relay in my Getz. Very good brightness and throw.
Are u sure they are Extreme vision or are they Essential Vision? As far as I know, Extreme Vision H4 is not available in 100/90. I think 60/55 is the max that is available with Extreme Vision H4. It's the Essential Vision and Rally bulbs that come in 100/90 w range.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:34   #7902
Distinguished - BHPian

100/90 is the essential vision series and are same as the rallys. Xtreme vision is available only in 60/55.
Old 20th January 2014, 19:12   #7903
BHPian

Is there any performance difference between Hella 500 and 550 driving lamps apart from shape? I'am looking for adding AUX lamp to my Figo.
Also, I need the AUX to lit up with good spread and cover distance. I dont want pencil beam. I guess driving lamp is what which suite my requirement, correct me if im wrong.
Old 21st January 2014, 01:49   #7904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks. I have 2 Altos and 1 has the Hella 130/90 and the other has the Phillips Rally 130/100. I too found the Phillips to be much brighter. I just wanted to be sure its not just me. I'm going to stick to the Phillips henceforth .
How long have you been using the Philips Rally 130/100?

I have been using 100/90 Rally with upgraded wiring & relay kit on both my cars for many years without any issues.
Is there a significant increase with 130/100 when compared to 100/90? And what about the additional heat generated?

Will it cause dis-coloration/fading of the plastic headlamp glass?
I believe your Alto has plastic type, clear-lens headlamp glass.Have u faced any glass-fading issues?

I have not faced any glass/plastic discoloration issues with 100/90 bulbs.
so I would like to know, if upgrading my WagonR from 100/90 to 130/100 would be just as fine.

Also, will it put a very heavy load on the battery? 130 means will it consume 30% more power than a 100?

I hope I can use the same upgraded wiring kit for 130/100 too. Right now, I am using a PMP wiring harness & relay kit with ceramic holders for my 100/90 setup. Or do I need to change to a still high performance relay-kit?
Old 23rd January 2014, 02:55   #7905
BHPian

can somebody advise a good place to get projector headlamps installed in Delhi NCR ?
I got the morimoto mini D2S kit for my verna fluidic from US through a friend and would like to get them done this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks