Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 10:52   #7921
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I would like upgrade lights for my ertiga. Would want to upgrade both the headlights and fogs. What is the best option for headlight upgrade without relay kit? what size is the fog lamps for ertiga, is it h7 or h11?
Without a relay your choices are Phillips Xtreme Vision, Osram Nightbreaker or Hella Power Lights - all 55/60W. Hella is a little difficult to find.

Or you could also go for Aux lights.

The bulb spec should be there in the user manual.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 14:31   #7922
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
Looking out for shops which sell 4300k hi/lo HID 35W.
Any pointers towards good shops in Bangalore?
Make sure you get good quality AC ballasts. Of the Chinese Hyalutek is one of the best.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:03   #7923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking out for shops which sell 4300k hi/lo HID 35W.
Any pointers towards good shops in Bangalore?
I know I can get one in jc road but most of them stock 6000k n 8000k.
Appreciate all replies and suggestions.
PS-don't mind Chinese products as long as they're
of good quality
Dont buy from JC road. Buy directly off ebay global. It will work out cheaper. Buy the ballasts of the brand that professor mentioned. They are good. You can buy bulbs and ballasts separately if you are not getting the required package in one unit. The connectors are universal and will fit all brands. Also buy a relay harness of the car bulb type also if its not coming along with the package.

If you are going for headlamp retrofit then you can also look for the genome projector package. They are based in India and have installers all over India. Also you get warranty and peace of mind.

http://genome-group.com/HID.html

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 5th February 2014 at 15:09.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2014, 03:15   #7924
BHPian

I have a H4 HID kit with me from my previous car. My current car takes H7 bulbs. Can i just get a pair of H7 bulbs and use the existing HID kit or do i have to get a new wiring kit for H7 ?
Old 6th February 2014, 10:38   #7925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsriharsha View Post
I have a H4 HID kit with me from my previous car. My current car takes H7 bulbs. Can i just get a pair of H7 bulbs and use the existing HID kit or do i have to get a new wiring kit for H7 ?
You need a new wiring harness kit for the H7 type and new H7 bulbs. The ballasts and the connectors can be re-used
Old 8th February 2014, 00:40   #7926
BHPian

In HID hi lo bulbs is the halogen bulb for life beam or high beam?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-hilobeamhidbulbs543.jpg  

Old 8th February 2014, 01:49   #7927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In HID hi lo bulbs is the halogen bulb for life beam or high beam?
It'd be for high beam, since you'll need instant ones for flashing, no?
Old 10th February 2014, 11:56   #7928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
How long have you been using the Philips Rally 130/100?

I have been using 100/90 Rally with upgraded wiring & relay kit on both my cars for many years without any issues.
Is there a significant increase with 130/100 when compared to 100/90? And what about the additional heat generated?

Will it cause dis-coloration/fading of the plastic headlamp glass?
I believe your Alto has plastic type, clear-lens headlamp glass.Have u faced any glass-fading issues?

I have not faced any glass/plastic discoloration issues with 100/90 bulbs.
so I would like to know, if upgrading my WagonR from 100/90 to 130/100 would be just as fine.

Also, will it put a very heavy load on the battery? 130 means will it consume 30% more power than a 100?

I hope I can use the same upgraded wiring kit for 130/100 too. Right now, I am using a PMP wiring harness & relay kit with ceramic holders for my 100/90 setup. Or do I need to change to a still high performance relay-kit?
I have been using the 130/100 setup for almost 2 years now. Around 1.5 years back I installed new headlights as the old ones that came with the car were faded and also badly out of focus and we were not able to adjust them. So far I havent noticed any fading. I dont really drive too much at night and I also usually turn of lights at signals. The Phillips bulbs have been the same since the start.

I guess if you are continuously using high beam along with AC, it may put load on the alternator. I havent really driven that long at night recently.

You can keep the same relay kit and change the bulbs to 130/100. I'm using PMP in 1 car and Super in the other.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 13:15   #7929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
Can somebody tell me where to get this LED Strips which can be put to any shape and also changes colour from white to amber when required.
Is this a DIY possible modification for Ecosport ? since the DRL's would be inside the headlamp am little nervous on impacting the warranty or let the water or mist get into headlamp

Please advice
Old 10th February 2014, 14:20   #7930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Is this a DIY possible modification for Ecosport ? since the DRL's would be inside the headlamp am little nervous on impacting the warranty or let the water or mist get into headlamp

Please advice
I tried doing it myself long back and the retrofit did not go well. The water used to get in, then i decided to handover these stuff to professionals and got a Morimoto D2S Projectors and Morimoto HID Kit installed from Vishesh at AVS Tuning. He did a pretty neat job and i have been running my car for over three years now and never had the leakage problem. Even the kit was pretty reasonable as he is the official distributor. Try contacting him or some other professional installer if you do not want to get into leakage problems.
anarchy_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 21:38   #7931
BHPian

Hey guys,
I have a 2008 Hyundai Santro Xing and i asked a local chap to do an upgrade to 100/90 from the stock 60/55 as the performance of the stock one is quite average, especially the Low Beam. The guy suggested Osram instead of Philips though m seeing the reverse over here. Anyways, here are the details;

1. Osram Superbright Offroad H4 100/90 W : 110/piece

2. Relay Kit and Wiring: 700/- ( Dunno abt the make)

3. Service Charge : 50/-

However, he didn't tell me anything about ceramic holders or so, and he also said that 100/90 W bulbs are quite OK and only the HID's are illegal.

Need your opinions and experiences on this, fellow TBHPians. Suggestions are most welcome. And i am hailing from Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam, Kerala.
Old 17th February 2014, 07:58   #7932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss11011988 View Post
However, he didn't tell me anything about ceramic holders or so, and he also said that 100/90 W bulbs are quite OK and only the HID's are illegal.
Ceramic holders will be necessary as the stock holders wont be able to withstand the heat. Also, even 100/90w bulbs are illegal especially in Kerala thanks to the transport commissioner. Use only low beam in urban areas and it will be safe.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 10:10   #7933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
I tried doing it myself long back and the retrofit did not go well. The water used to get in, then i decided to handover these stuff to professionals and got a Morimoto D2S Projectors and Morimoto HID Kit installed from Vishesh at AVS Tuning. He did a pretty neat job and i have been running my car for over three years now and never had the leakage problem. Even the kit was pretty reasonable as he is the official distributor. Try contacting him or some other professional installer if you do not want to get into leakage problems.
I think the Vishesh what you mentioned here is in Mumbai if am not wrong, anyone knew any professional person to open the headlamp in Chennai ?
Old 17th February 2014, 11:32   #7934
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to get DRL installed in the Civic without having to cut the wires?
This would be for the V, which has fog lamps already installed. The HASS said they can not do that as the wires have to be cut.
If there is a way to have this possible without having to cut or tap the wires, kindly share?
Also, it it possible to get the light point taken to the front bumper by placing a new switch from the dashboard?
Old 18th February 2014, 04:22   #7935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Is there any way to get DRL installed in the Civic without having to cut the wires?
This would be for the V, which has fog lamps already installed. The HASS said they can not do that as the wires have to be cut.
If there is a way to have this possible without having to cut or tap the wires, kindly share?
Also, it it possible to get the light point taken to the front bumper by placing a new switch from the dashboard?
Please check the post number 72 for DRL that can be installed.

I hope your looking at such ones.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-lights-5.html

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed