Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2014, 21:57   #8116
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Have bought these LEDs from DX. Are these direct replacement bulbs or I need to add resistor in the circuit? I am also worried a little about the power rating at 7.5W for these bulbs.

http://dx.com/p/266867

http://dx.com/p/286880
If you are using the BA15 bulb to replace the turn-signal/tail lamp/reverse lamp OEM bulbs, then 7.5W power is somewhat agreeable.But isn't 7.5W for a T10 bulb a bit too much? From what I have seen in my cars, T10 bulbs are used in park-lights/high-mount stop light etc, all of which have a rating of 5W max for the stock filament bulb.So an LED replacement should be ideally of lesser power rating than that.

Just added my 2 cents with reference to the cars that I have owned.The rating could be totally different in other cars. But anyhow,please make sure that the LED bulb is not of a higher power rating that the stock filament bulb.That defeats the whole purpose of the conversion.
Old 7th May 2014, 15:12   #8117
BHPian

Hi All, I am planning to fit Hella 700ff on my i20. However I am unable to find a installer in Bangalore. Could someone who has done Hella lights fitted on their car help me with the information. It's bit urgent as I am planning for a long drive towards end of May and I want this done before that.
Old 7th May 2014, 23:21   #8118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All, I am planning to fit Hella 700ff on my i20. However I am unable to find a installer in Bangalore. Could someone who has done Hella lights fitted on their car help me with the information. It's bit urgent as I am planning for a long drive towards end of May and I want this done before that.
I am also trying to find an installer, no info so far. Let me know if you get any good reference or if you try anywhere and if you recommend them
Old 8th May 2014, 08:23   #8119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Try Slick Cars near Silk Board. (Google them, and call them before going). Very quick install. Clean job. Reasonable price. See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3405549.

Make sure they use thicker clamps... or there might be vibrations on the move.
triedeverything is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 10:24   #8120
BHPian

Today I have purchased "Flosser" Halogen H4, 12v 100/90w p43t (Made in Germany) for my Chevy Spark. (www.flosser.com) Superb quality, excellent illumination.( My Chevy already had Philips wiring with ceramic halogen bulb holder)
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dscn2624.jpg  

Old 12th May 2014, 10:52   #8121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Today I have purchased "Flosser" Halogen H4, 12v 100/90w p43t (Made in Germany) for my Chevy Spark.
Never heard anyone using this bulb here in this thread, except that Rudra had been using it in his Amb. You said you already had the wiring in your car, so what bulb were you using then and how does this compare with your earlier bulb ?

Would really appreciate if you can put in a comparision and also where did you source it from.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th May 2014, 12:09   #8122
BHPian

I have just upgraded the headlights in my 2011 Honda City from 60/55w Philips Extreme Vision to 100/90w Bosch H4s using a Hella Relay & Wiring kit with ceramic holders.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-621mec8901867_4147o.jpg

However, I am not noticing much of an increase in either spread or intensity of the lghts :(

Does this mean that the 60/55w Philips XVs were providing almost comparable light to regular 100/90w?

Or does it mean that the Bosch H4s are very low end and I need to try out with a different set of lamps?

BTW, these were rather low priced @ 142/- per pair.

Which are the best 100/90w H4 bulbs in terms of lighting performance?

BTW, I'm not looking for White / Blue tint or 120w / 130w variations.

Last edited by vikash49 : 12th May 2014 at 12:22.
Old 13th May 2014, 15:42   #8123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
...Or does it mean that the Bosch H4s are very low end and I need to try out with a different set of lamps?...
Very Likely, or there is a chance that this is not a genuin Bosch product. --NOM-- Keep reading please.

I recently swiched to 100/90 on my Safari from Philips XV 60/55s. Had initially bought Hella Rallye 100/90. But one bulb gave away, during installation. Its base went lose, resulting in a total misalignement with no scope of any adjust ment. The fialment area would literally fall off the base.

Had to buy another bulb, couldn't find Hella. So went for Phillips Rally 100/90 (Orange pack). Both headlights have different bulbs, with same wattage now. Literally blinders when on high beam. Excellent illumination & spread.
Will share the pics of "before & after", shortly.

You can use any of the above for your use: Hella Rallye or Philips rally.

Regards,
Saurabh

P.S.: I avoid high beams of this set unless forced to.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 13th May 2014 at 15:48.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 15:53   #8124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Very Likely, or there is a chance that this is not a genuin Bosch product. --NOM-- Keep reading please.

I recently swiched to 100/90 on my Safari from Philips XV 60/55s. Had initially bought Hella Rallye 100/90. But one bulb gave away, during installation. Its base went lose, resulting in a total misalignement with no scope of any adjust ment. The fialment area would literally fall off the base.

Had to buy another bulb, couldn't find Hella. So went for Phillips Rally 100/90 (Orange pack). Both headlights have different bulbs, with same wattage now. Literally blinders when on high beam. Excellent illumination & spread.
Will share the pics of "before & after", shortly.

You can use any of the above for your use: Hella Rallye or Philips rally.

Regards,
Saurabh

P.S.: I avoid high beams of this set unless forced to.
How much of an improvement would you estimate the 100/90s to be over the Philips XVs?

Also beam on the Bosch 100/90s are a lot more 'yellow' compared to the XVs. Is this the same in your case too?

And any color variation in light between the Phillips Rallye & the Hella 90/100w?
Old 13th May 2014, 16:07   #8125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
How much of an improvement would you estimate the 100/90s to be over the Philips XVs?

Also beam on the Bosch 100/90s are a lot more 'yellow' compared to the XVs. Is this the same in your case too?

And any color variation in light between the Phillips Rallye & the Hella 90/100w?
Improvement is significant: Almost double if we want to quantify. High beam significantly. Forces any 'wannabe flasher' to lower his high beams. To add to it, i wear glasses & was strained at night driving on XV. This is not the case now. Visibility is sinificantly better.

Beam color of Hella/Philips is towards white but still carries a tint of yellow. They are not pure white nor golden yellows. I guess the 4300K/5000K will be at the color graph. Not sure though on 5000k.

Philips is whiter (lesser yellow but still yellow) as compared to Hella, but not much.

I hope I have not confused you. I would quote you when I post my "before & after" photos, so as to help in understanding the difference.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 13th May 2014 at 16:14.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 16:44   #8126
BHPian

Hey guys, I am planning to change my stock headlight bulbs to 90/100 (Philips), any harm it may cause to the battery or to the vehicle in general? Also, can the lens take the heat generated? Anyone here got a similar fit for Santro? Please let me know!
Old 13th May 2014, 18:03   #8127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Hey guys, I am planning to change my stock headlight bulbs to 90/100 (Philips), any harm it may cause to the battery or to the vehicle in general? Also, can the lens take the heat generated? Anyone here got a similar fit for Santro? Please let me know!
Hi vinair,

I have 90/100 setup on my Santro Xing. It was installed with a relay kit and it works really well. No problems as such for the battery or the vehicle.

But yes, I can see some minor effect on the reflectors(melting) due to to heat produced by these bulbs. EOD it is your call to go with it and it should not be a problem at all IMO.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 19:12   #8128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Never heard anyone using this bulb here in this thread, .. so what bulb were you using then and how does this compare with your earlier bulb ?
Earlier I had Philips. But Flosser is excellent. Light throw is superb. It is available with Mr.Narasimha Prabhu of "Vijaya Auto Stores", Kudroli, Mangalore, Karnataka. His phone no.09845080027. He also sells Hella, Philips, Osram, GE (Hungary) etc.
B.R.S.Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 21:42   #8129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

But yes, I can see some minor effect on the reflectors(melting) due to to heat produced by these bulbs.
I didn't know there is problem to the reflector when using the 100/90 setup. I was assuming problems on the reflector start from the 130/100 setup.

Reason is I have a couple of friends who are using the 100/90 setup from long but never heard any issues on melting.

Anurag.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:57   #8130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Reason is I have a couple of friends who are using the 100/90 setup from long but never heard any issues on melting.
There is not too much of melting and I don't see any issues on the throw from he headlamps. But if you see closely probably you can make out and also you can feel the heat produced on the headlamp cover after a night drive, the lens will be more warmer than expected.

And you can install it without any second thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks