Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 23:35   #8131
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I have just upgraded the headlights in my 2011 Honda City from 60/55w Philips Extreme Vision to [b]

Or does it mean that the Bosch H4s are very low end and I need to try out with a different set of lamps?

BTW, these were rather low priced @ 142/- per pair.

Which are the best 100/90w H4 bulbs in terms of lighting performance?

Recently used these Bosch 100/90 on my WagonR for a highway drive along with my SX4 running on Phillips rally. As similar to your observation, I could fing a minimal improvement in the light output of the WagonR which was earlier running on 60/55 philips normal bulbs. Since both cars were used, I can assure you that the Rallys offer the best beam throw, colour as well as intensity. The Bosch is yellower and that does nothing to improve the experience.

Initially after the upgrade on WagonR I had assumed that the reflectors were good enough before and hence I couldn't experience much of a difference. But after I saw your post, I can now blame the Bosch bulbs to be the culprit.

I think you should switch to rallys and especially the imported ones. They are really excellent. Since I had these bosch bulbs as spare from sometime, I plonked it into the WagonR along with an extra wiring harness I had. When time permits I shall post a comparo side by side with both cars. Only problem is that I dont have a camera with manual exposure settings without which its difficult to calibrate the camera equally for both scenarios.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 06:54   #8132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Recently used these Bosch 100/90 on my WagonR for a highway drive along with my SX4 running on Phillips rally.
Did you try using Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W)? If not I'd urge you to do so once. They are much better than stock bulbs.

Anurag.
Old 14th May 2014, 07:57   #8133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you try using Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W)? If not I'd urge you to do so once. They are much better than stock bulbs.

Anurag.
I used Xtreme Vision before switching to 100/90 on my SX4. They are a little away from useless compared to stock bulbs on the highway. Have tried both Philips XV as well as Osram NB and NB+ thanks to my former neighbour who is a distributor. They are suitable for people who are not so frequent on highways and are not in a position to install higher wattage bulbs. And the price is not justified for what you get, along with lesser bulb life. On some two lane roads they are no better than the stock bulbs and you will have cars from opposite side blinding us. With the rallys, high beam will make the strongest oncoming lights dip their beam. So its more of a mutual response. Neither of us will use high beam. With the 60/55, cars, volvo buses blinded me and I almost used to stop the car to let them pass.

If one had a pair of halonix bulbs that came OE with the car switched to XV or NB+the difference is significant. Use a pair of Philips 60/55 and switch to XV and the difference is meagre.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:11   #8134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi vinair,

I have 90/100 setup on my Santro Xing. It was installed with a relay kit and it works really well. No problems as such for the battery or the vehicle.

But yes, I can see some minor effect on the reflectors(melting) due to to heat produced by these bulbs. EOD it is your call to go with it and it should not be a problem at all IMO.
Thanks mate! Yes, got one fitted with a relay kit. Chose a Hella Rally 90/100!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 09:59   #8135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I have just upgraded the headlights in my 2011 Honda City from 60/55w Philips Extreme Vision to 100/90w Bosch H4s using a Hella Relay & Wiring kit with ceramic holders.

Attachment 1240029

However, I am not noticing much of an increase in either spread or intensity of the lghts :(

Does this mean that the 60/55w Philips XVs were providing almost comparable light to regular 100/90w?

Or does it mean that the Bosch H4s are very low end and I need to try out with a different set of lamps?

BTW, these were rather low priced @ 142/- per pair.

Which are the best 100/90w H4 bulbs in terms of lighting performance?

BTW, I'm not looking for White / Blue tint or 120w / 130w variations.
I think you should dump these bulbs and shift to Philips Rally or Hella Rally.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 10:53   #8136
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Where can I get 2700k H11 HID/xenon bulbs?
Purpose is for ecosport fog lamps.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:08   #8137
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I changed mine to 6000K led last year and below is what i ordered, works like a charm
I found the light from the luggage lamp to be inadequate and wanted to change it to LED. But as per the manual, the luggage bulb type is "W5W" whereas for License plate, it is "W5W L/L". Can anyone tell me what is the difference?

I also noticed that the same W5W L/L can be used for the 'Position Lights' as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fluidic-verna-buld-wattages.jpg  

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 15th May 2014 at 13:11.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:24   #8138
BHPian

Hi, I am new member and a little Novice in the car lighting area. I own a PASSAT Trendline 2013 car. As you all know the car comes with Halogen reflectors. I am looking to upgrade the car headlamps by sourcing HID LED replica headlamps from China. I know many think that the quality isn't that good, but I did some research and filtered out the credible sellers. I am now stuck between two sellers, both offering Head lamps that are slightly different, and good in their own way. It would be great if some here could help me choose.

1. Seller: Winpower
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...734804448.html
-- This light has a Bi Xenon Low beam and a projector High Beam. In-built Ballast and pre installed HID. This is only available in LHD Layout.
This should have good lighting. There is a youtube video demonstrating these lights that increases my confidence in them-
Link-

2. Sunnyenlive
http://angeleye.en.alibaba.com/produ...ear_LD_V1.html
This has a single Bi Xenon HID projector, same as the OEM Headlamps (OEM look). But HIDs are extra ( can choose from In-built and external ballasts). This is available for RHD layout. These will look like original and are RHD, so wont blind oncoming traffic but i am not sure of a single Projector will suffice.
Both cost about the same.

Gurus, Please have a look and guide me.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:35   #8139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi vinair,

I have 90/100 setup on my Santro Xing. It was installed with a relay kit and it works really well. No problems as such for the battery or the vehicle.

But yes, I can see some minor effect on the reflectors(melting) due to to heat produced by these bulbs. EOD it is your call to go with it and it should not be a problem at all IMO.
Even I have Philips essential vision 90/100 setup with relay kit on my Santro Xing since December 2008.

My Santro's reflectors are still intact, no case of melting or such thing is observed by me. The first set of bulbs lasted for 4 years.
Old 15th May 2014, 16:56   #8140
BANNED

I have had to change my Zen 2003 passenger side headlight changed recently . I got it from MASS for i think about 1400INR. However i am sad that the beampattern is not like what it used to be . I tried everything and MASS even changed it for me but still it is nowhere near what my old headlight / existing driver side headlight beam pattern . I feel so bad that inspite of buying from MASS the quality control is so poor. MASS said that i buy driver side also new . I said how can beam pattern change and that also with difference of day and night.Any pointers where i can get original Zen headlight which was factory fitted from a scrap vehicle.
Old 15th May 2014, 17:45   #8141
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, need some advise and instructions. I own a 2010 Getz Prime and I am planning to change the Instrument cluster lights. Had changed the same on my old car Santro but have not had the time for Getz in the last 4 years.

So anybody has tried this on their Getz ? If yes, please guide me on how this can be done.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th May 2014 at 17:47.
Old 15th May 2014, 17:54   #8142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys,
Where can I get 2700k H11 HID/xenon bulbs?
Purpose is for ecosport fog lamps.
There are many vendors - just make sure you get AC ballasts. I used 3000K 55W on my Civic. 3000K is only in 55W. You can get these from the net also. No wiring loom is required. It is possible that you may also be able to get Morimoto's from avstuning.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 13:12   #8143
BHPian

Hi Can someone help me with sourcing a Good HID H7 Kit?

My car has H7 bulbs in the Low beam (Reflector type), so what HID would perfectly replace it? H7? D2S? D2R?

What is the difference between H7 and D2R/S?
Old 17th May 2014, 15:33   #8144
BHPian

I am a zen estillo vxi 2007 model and planning to upgrade to better lights. I have tried my luck with lots but still I dont seem to getting the right fit. Please advise
Old 17th May 2014, 22:31   #8145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrats View Post
I am a zen estillo vxi 2007 model and planning to upgrade to better lights. I have tried my luck with lots but still I dont seem to getting the right fit. Please advise
What all have you tried? Please give us those combinations that you tried so that we don't suggest the same again. And please tell us whether your looking at setup like 60/55W or 100/90W.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks