Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 15:28   #8146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hi Can someone help me with sourcing a Good HID H7 Kit?

My car has H7 bulbs in the Low beam (Reflector type), so what HID would perfectly replace it? H7? D2S? D2R?

What is the difference between H7 and D2R/S?
Good Indian brand for HID is P8.

You need D2R since you will be putting it on reflectors. But I doubt whether P8 HID make separate kits for reflectors and projectors. In philips you will get separate HID kit for reflectors and projectors.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 19:07   #8147
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Query on lighting upgrade (general)

Does HL upgrade (100/90 or 130/100) require a battery upgrade too? We are running with 100/90W HL from 2004 (starting with Alto, Wagon-R, Beat, Sunny) without any issues with Stock battery. But one of my company cab driver complaining that his Logan battery doesn't last for even couple of years after he upgraded the HL to 130/100W (He used to have frequent overnight highway drives)

Some battery shop recommended him to upgrade the battery for higher wattage bulbs.

Is it really required?
Old 18th May 2014, 19:32   #8148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Query on lighting upgrade (general)

1. Does HL upgrade (100/90 or 130/100) require a battery upgrade too? We are running with 100/90W HL from 2004 (starting with Alto, Wagon-R, Beat, Sunny) without any issues with Stock battery.
2. But one of my company cab driver complaining that his Logan battery doesn't last for even couple of years after he upgraded the HL to 130/100W (He used to have frequent overnight highway drives)
1. No.
2. Must be some other issue. Get the charging circuit checked. May be improper charging from the Alternator.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 19:36   #8149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
1. No.
2. Must be some other issue. Get the charging circuit checked. May be improper charging from the Alternator.
Thank you Sir.
Even I doubt the same for 2 reasons
1) I / we (family) never faced any issues with 100/90 bulbs for more than a decade.
2) His vehicle is almost 7 years old with 2L+ on odo (running with stock alternator)
Old 18th May 2014, 19:42   #8150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
1. No.
For a 100/90 setup the stock battery and alternator will be working fine but what about 130/100?

Any chance of damage to the battery or the alternator or the whole charging circuit? Sorry for the noob doubt.

The damage I see is reflector blackening with the 130/100 setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
1) I / we (family) never faced any issues with 100/90 bulbs for more than a decade.
Anurag.
Old 18th May 2014, 21:15   #8151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Good Indian brand for HID is P8.

You need D2R
Thanks SagarPadaki, Really Appreciate your help on this. I was browsing their Ebay Store and they seem to have two options for H7 (One is Premium and one is not with prices 11.5k and 9k respectively). There is no mention of D2S or D2R nor the color temperature of light output. I am basically looking for 4300K.

Anyway, As you said Philips should have H7 D2R in 4300k. Not able to find it online. Anyplace you know?
Old 19th May 2014, 00:22   #8152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For a 100/90 setup the stock battery and alternator will be working fine but what about 130/100?

Any chance of damage to the battery or the alternator or the whole charging circuit? Sorry for the noob doubt.

As sir says, No.

130/100 upgrade will be as load intensive as maybe a mid-end audio setup with some amount of amps etc. And the load on the electricals by using 130/100 is again lesser compared to running stock lamps with a pair of 60w aux lamps.

Moreover, the battery is like a tank. Alternator is like a pump which will fill up the tank. Hence if any load in the car is too much, the battery discharge will be higher than charge and hence the issue will be a low battery after a prolonged highway drive. The alternator and RR unit do have the capacity to regulate output and I believe they can prevent overload.

Further down the line, it all boils down to how much the overall electrical load is. Too many electrical accessories will make the alternator work at full force, thus maybe shortening its life in the longrun. But if one upgrades only headlamps and everything else is stock, there wont be a problem IMHO.
Old 19th May 2014, 00:55   #8153
BHPian

I have a honda brio ex mt.
took delivery in oct 2013 .
I wanted to upgrade the headlamp bulbs.
it runs 60/55W H4 bulbs and they are not upto the mark.

1)should i go for philips 60/55 H4 bulbs(crystal vision or other variant)?
2)should i go for 100/90W bulbs.I believe i will need relay for that.I am not sure but i may loose my warranty of i add a relay.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:40   #8154
BANNED

I just bought a couple of H11/55W/3000K bulbs and Hyalutek ballasts (AC) and did the installation myself in half a day. No issues whatsoever. I got these from a chap who goes by the handle XenonPro on GH!

@MrBoss; ask him to check his wiring esp if he has a loom!

Modern cars have alternators of a very decent rating so battery should take the load (even the old M800 came with a 38A alternator, and 60/100A is now very common).

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th May 2014 at 10:03. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 19th May 2014, 10:08   #8155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
I have a honda brio ex mt.
took delivery in oct 2013 .
I wanted to upgrade the headlamp bulbs.
it runs 60/55W H4 bulbs and they are not upto the mark.

1)should i go for philips 60/55 H4 bulbs(crystal vision or other variant)?
2)should i go for 100/90W bulbs.I believe i will need relay for that.I am not sure but i may loose my warranty of i add a relay.
If your use is limited within the city, then go for the latest Osram Nightbreaker version. Quite a sufficient replacement. However if you do highway drives often, then its better to opt for 100/90w bulbs. You dont have to worry about warranty as if there is an issue you would like to report to the ASC, the whole relay and wiring harness can be removed at home within a short time of 10 minutes and can be rolled back to the OE setup and the mechanics won't have a clue about it
Old 19th May 2014, 10:14   #8156
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a bulb upgrade on my Santro xing fog lamps. Any suggestions as to what wattage bulbs can go in? I think currently it has H7 bulbs, I am not exactly sure though.

Can anybody please help me on the same?
Old 19th May 2014, 10:26   #8157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I am looking for a bulb upgrade on my Santro xing fog lamps. Any suggestions as to what wattage bulbs can go in? I think currently it has H7 bulbs, I am not exactly sure though.

Can anybody please help me on the same?
H7 is a single filament bulb, and santro is a single dome headlamp.
I think it is h4 in the santro.
And the accepted norm is, I think, 100/90 for an upgrade.

EDIT: My bad, I missed out on the Fog lamps bit there.
Go for HIDs in the fogs.
That gives some credence to them at least. I spotted a set of HID-projectors for fogs on Aliexpress, and they were really cheap, about 25 usd. Planning to have them shipped over, and plop some quality HIDS instead of the OE that will come with them.

Last edited by mayankk : 19th May 2014 at 10:31.
Old 19th May 2014, 10:28   #8158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
H7 is a single filament bulb, and santro is a single dome headlamp.
I think it is h4 in the santro.
And the accepted norm is, I think, 100/90 for an upgrade.
I am talking about the FOG lamp mayankk. I already have a 100/90 upgrade for my headlamp.
Old 19th May 2014, 11:06   #8159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If your use is limited within the city, then go for the latest Osram Nightbreaker version. Quite a sufficient replacement. However if you do highway drives often, then its better to opt for 100/90w bulbs. You dont have to worry about warranty as if there is an issue you would like to report to the ASC, the whole relay and wiring harness can be removed at home within a short time of 10 minutes and can be rolled back to the OE setup and the mechanics won't have a clue about it
thanks audioholic,My longer highway drives are usually a couple of months apart,so i guess a simple replacement of osram NB should be sufficient.How much will a pair cost?you recommend me buying it from a shop for this or order it online?

this is what i found online
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/osra...d=5084&source=

Last edited by bread : 19th May 2014 at 11:36. Reason: adding link to product
Old 19th May 2014, 11:52   #8160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
How much will a pair cost?you recommend me buying it from a shop for this or order it online?
Buying depends upon your preference. No harm in ordering online unless there are some issues related to delivery in your area or something on those lines. But if you have the time its better you do some field work and check if the same bulbs are available for a lesser price in any of spare parts shops. Avoid accessory shops unless they are reputed since they may try to sell you older stuff or even fake ones. Spare part shops are much reliable IMO.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed