Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:40   #8221
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice on fog lights for my scorpio. I'm looking to either get a better bulb (maybe philips) or replace the fogs on my scorpio, can someone please recommend fog lights which can be installed in the existing OEM flog slot. I dont want to install bull bar or something like that... Any options guys?
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:30   #8222
BHPian

I'm sourcing the FX-R stage III kit from the US for my Ford Ecosport. Which lens should I go for? 2.5' or 3'? Will it fit keeping in mind the size of the reflector bowl? Is there a difference in performance? Bulbs and ballasts 35W 4300 K. Help
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:35   #8223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
I agree,a friend of mine who has swift vdi n a petrol Verna drives with his high beams constantly on. What surprised me is that everyone in his household had the same habit.
Constantly on high beam??
The whole family??
I think it should be a genetic disorder.

Wonder how they manage to see speed-breakers, pot-holes and other obstructions once they are in close range? Even if the fog-lamps are on, without a proper low-beam, it would be difficult to gauge the relative position of these obstacles once they are in close range.

I am sure there are many more "Differently-abled" families like this in our country. Lack of awareness can be cited as a reason only in the case of truck drivers and taxi-wallas. People who own a swift or Verna should already be reasonably educated and well aware of basic things like these. So arrogance and the "I-don't-care" attitude is the culprit here.
Old 4th June 2014, 02:20   #8224
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I have recently purchased Verna 1.4 CX CRDI model, i would like to get the white light installed in my car. I don’t want to go for projectors but just want to change from yellow to white bulb. I was completely satisfied with the yellow light but after driving the Friends City (he got the lights changed) i become the fan of white lights, just so much more visibility.

So my question is, can i simply change the bulbs to the Philips ones? Is it simple plug and play or need some relay and stuff? Will it void warranty?

Please advise, i just don’t have any knowledge regarding the auto lighting.
Thanks
Ravi
Old 4th June 2014, 07:02   #8225
Senior - BHPian

Fat fingers, small spaces:

The low beam H1 of the Classical fiesta was not working(not sure whether the torrential rains are to be blamed).

The bulb is located in the interior and it was too tough for me to reach it. And how is that connector removed? The high beam's connectors can be removed easily by pressing it at both the ends.

I have checked the fuses already. I will try doing it in daylight today; hope it is the bulb and not the wiring or something more sinister that warrants a visit to the A.S.C
Old 4th June 2014, 07:23   #8226
BHPian

I own DZire vxi 2008 model. I have already upgraded headlights to phillips rally 90/100 since day one. Now I want to upgrade existing fog lamps so that night drives in remote place would become comfortable.
Please suggeest me good fog lamp solution which I can fit in existing fog lamp slot at descent cost.

Last edited by sameervg : 4th June 2014 at 07:25.
Old 4th June 2014, 09:02   #8227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
I own DZire vxi 2008 model. I have already upgraded headlights to phillips rally 90/100 since day one. Now I want to upgrade existing fog lamps so that night drives in remote place would become comfortable.
Please suggeest me good fog lamp solution which I can fit in existing fog lamp slot at descent cost.
The fog lamps in Suzuki cars are at best called "bright parking/marker lamps". They can only provide a slight improvement in foreground lighting, or light up the foreground while it's still not really dark outside.

If you want longer throw, please consider installing a pair of Hella or Lightforce spot lamps. The other option is to go for projectors in the fogs, but the location is tricky and the lamps may go bust very soon, thanks to the water splash and dirt and debris.
Old 4th June 2014, 12:34   #8228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

The low beam H1 of the Classical fiesta was not working(not sure whether the torrential rains are to be blamed).

After trying for 2 hours to do the task, failed, so visited Lathangi Ford, Hosur road.

The Service Adviser called a mechanic and he promptly did it in 10 minutes by removing the coolant tank so that he can get access to the low beam bulb.

Don't know what has to be removed to get access to the right hand side, LOL
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 12:55   #8229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
just want to change from yellow to white bulb. I was completely satisfied with the yellow light but after driving the Friends City (he got the lights changed) i become the fan of white lights, just so much more visibility.
They may look good but white lights become more ineffective in for or rain. So avoid the temptation.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 12:58   #8230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
Spot lamps from hella would suit your need, but I doubt there are any spotlamps that will fit into the Dzire fog-lamp housing correctly.Most probably You will have to mount it on a separate clamp/bar creating a bit of extra overhang at the front.Not very sure how good it would look on a Dzire.

Another practical alternative is you can replace the current weak 35W bulbs with Philips BlueVision Ultra 55W. This is what I did on my WagonR, when I felt that the stock 35W fog lamps were totally useless. And the difference was remarkable.

Previously, with the 35W bulbs, from the driver seat with the headlamps on, I couldn't know for sure, whether fog lamps were really glowing when I switched them on.Now, the intensity and spread has increased very much, and I can clearly distinguish the headlight beam and fog lamp beam.

I chose BlueVision because the beam was a bit less yellowish (though still yellow), so it would match my Philips Essential Vision 100/90 headlamps, which also has a similar color beam.Also, my fog lamp holder is H3, and at that time, the only 55W bulb available from philips for H3 was bluevision ultra. If your Dzire has H8 holder for fog lamps, then you will need to search for some other 55W H8 bulbs. I think Blue vision is not avaialable for H8.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 16:22   #8231
BHPian

After the suggestions here I went to get NB+ installed in my Brio. Had gone to the shop where my father has been taking our cars for ages. they didnt have osram nb+ and neither did any of the shops nearby. So went ahead with Philips xtreme vision at 3350K temperature.
The total came to 1300 rupees with installation. Will be testing it for the first time tonight. Hopefully the results are satisfactory.
Old 7th June 2014, 01:07   #8232
BHPian

A few pages back i was inquiring about stock headlamps replacement and narrowed it on Osram nightbreaker vs PHilips xtremevision as both dont require a relay.

Today, i got OSRAM nightbreaker+ (1150 MRP) installed in my spark + Philips dashboard car perfume (350MRP) + cheap but good quality (to hold) steering wheel cover (150MRP). Total cost = 1500/-

The low beam is really better than stock. period.
The high beam is wow better than stock. period.
The amount of light in low / high beam is definitely more than stock. period.
The new bulbs are running without a relay as of now.

Pics soon.
Old 7th June 2014, 10:14   #8233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
After the suggestions here I went to get NB+ installed in my Brio. Had gone to the shop where my father has been taking our cars for ages. they didnt have osram nb+ and neither did any of the shops nearby. So went ahead with Philips xtreme vision at 3350K temperature.
The total came to 1300 rupees with installation. Will be testing it for the first time tonight. Hopefully the results are satisfactory.
Philips extreme vision works really well! I am surprised why Honda and other manufacturers don't provide it as factory equipment. Any Honda Brio owners here, i would suggest that they too switch to philips xtreme vision with light temperature 3350K. Its yellow light that wont get useless in fog and is legal.
Old 7th June 2014, 12:00   #8234
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm using 8000K HID bulb on my XUV with Philips ballast which was bought some 5+ years back for my old car, took it off the old car and recently added to my 2 years old XUV. I do have one for high beams as well, but not using that pair since my high beams are reflector type.
With HID on low beams (H7), and halogen on high beam the color temp is completely different since its 8000K, I thought I'll be ok as long as it serves the practical purpose of illumination. However, it seems I'm not getting good illumination on partly lit highways (its ok if its completely dark). I'm planning to get a pair of Morimoto H7 @4300K to replace 8000K.
1> Is there a place in India where I can get Morimoto 35w H7 (4300K 3Five bulbs)? If not I may try and order that from US, I'm hoping I wont be charged for customs since it'd be a very small package, please let me know if anyone has got any experience getting such small things from US
2> Is it worth going with the entire kit (that includes Morimoto ballasts, wiring harness and 3Five bulbs) to ensure I get the Morimoto ballasts as well? I'm just trying to ensure longer life for bulbs by updating this local pair of Philips ballasts with the Morimoto!!

edit: Would also love to upgrade my high beams (H15 - 15/55w) to a better one from the stock, if someone can suggest on that as well.

thanks in advance for your advise on this.

Last edited by Ketan : 7th June 2014 at 12:03.
Old 7th June 2014, 22:08   #8235
BHPian

Which is the best quality H4 halogen 35/35W bulb ? Can't go for higher wattage. help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks