Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 22:58   #8236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm using 8000K HID bulb on my XUV with Philips ballast which was bought some 5+ years back for my old car, took it off the old car and recently added to my 2 years old XUV. I do have one for high beams as well, but not using that pair since my high beams are reflector type.
With HID on low beams (H7), and halogen on high beam the color temp is completely different since its 8000K, I thought I'll be ok as long as it serves the practical purpose of illumination. However, it seems I'm not getting good illumination on partly lit highways (its ok if its completely dark). I'm planning to get a pair of Morimoto H7 @4300K to replace 8000K.
1> Is there a place in India where I can get Morimoto 35w H7 (4300K 3Five bulbs)? If not I may try and order that from US, I'm hoping I wont be charged for customs since it'd be a very small package, please let me know if anyone has got any experience getting such small things from US
2> Is it worth going with the entire kit (that includes Morimoto ballasts, wiring harness and 3Five bulbs) to ensure I get the Morimoto ballasts as well? I'm just trying to ensure longer life for bulbs by updating this local pair of Philips ballasts with the Morimoto!!

edit: Would also love to upgrade my high beams (H15 - 15/55w) to a better one from the stock, if someone can suggest on that as well.

thanks in advance for your advise on this.
Try P8 HID.. Good brand and available in India.
Old 8th June 2014, 01:34   #8237
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
Which is the best quality H4 halogen 35/35W bulb ? Can't go for higher wattage. help
Try stuff like Philips or Osram and ensure they are original bulbs. If you are looking for city only bulbs I have been using OSRAM bulbs but they are tinted blue. The overall output is white. Does an excellent job on unlit roads but with good street lights these bulbs have a meagre prescence.
Old 8th June 2014, 10:31   #8238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try stuff like Philips or Osram and ensure they are original bulbs. If you are looking for city only bulbs I have been using OSRAM bulbs but they are tinted blue. The overall output is white. Does an excellent job on unlit roads but with good street lights these bulbs have a meagre prescence.
I mainly need it for highway runs. Already running on a 55W on one side.
Can you please name the model
>the best 35/35W (currently using osram bilux) or
>35W high beam

PS-I can't go up on wattage.

Last edited by Akhilash95 : 8th June 2014 at 10:34.
Old 8th June 2014, 10:50   #8239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
I mainly need it for highway runs. Already running on a 55W on one side.
Can you please name the model
>the best 35/35W (currently using osram bilux) or
>35W high beam

PS-I can't go up on wattage.
I am using Bilux too and I feel light output is better than the stock halonix I got on the dio. But I had tried phillips 35/35w for sometime and I can rate them far better than the halonix and close to the Bilux. Since the bilux is tinted, the Philips will give a better overall output as blue bulbs take away some of the light components. I am not sure if there is a better brand available for HS1 bulb type.
Old 8th June 2014, 12:08   #8240
BHPian

Re: Headlight upgradation for my Fluidic Verna

I am looking for headlight upgradation for my Verna Fluidic. My service center guy offered to install the headlamp kit of the latest Verna, but warned that it would consume a lot of power and the quotation was Rs. 28,000.

Another option he suggested was to replace the stock headlamps with some Philips piece with a Cut-out. He said this would give me an increased output of 10-15%.

I am looking for something more powerful as my travels include far flung remote places with absolutely no lightings. Will replacing the existing fog lamps instead of the headlamps do any good? I don't wish to blind the drivers coming from the opposite direction.

Suggestions solicited.

Cheers,
Vinay.
Old 8th June 2014, 14:32   #8241
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv14 View Post
I am looking for headlight upgradation for my Verna Fluidic.
1) Buy a pair of 60/55W Philips Xtreme Vision. This setup doesn't need any modification, just plug and pay.

2) Get a pair of Hella 100/90 with relay. This will increase the vision and also not harm the car in any way.

Anurag.
Old 9th June 2014, 00:23   #8242
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Headlight upgradation for my Fluidic Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv14 View Post
I am looking for headlight upgradation for my Verna Fluidic. My service center guy offered to install the headlamp kit of the latest Verna, but warned that it would consume a lot of power and the quotation was Rs. 28,000.

Another option he suggested was to replace the stock headlamps with some Philips piece with a Cut-out. He said this would give me an increased output of 10-15%.

I am looking for something more powerful as my travels include far flung remote places with absolutely no lightings. Will replacing the existing fog lamps instead of the headlamps do any good? I don't wish to blind the drivers coming from the opposite direction.

Suggestions solicited.

Difficult situation there.

1. For your kind of usage, premium bulbs like Xtremevision or Osram nightbreaker will be useless for the kind of improvement they offer over the existing bulbs.

2. Installing higher wattage bulbs in the verna will require making permanent holes in the plastic dust cap, which in other cars is rubber and can flex around without requiring to be cut. But a neatly done job will be the best of the options available and will give you good results without burning a hole in your pocket.

3. Installing new Vernas projectors will cost 28000, but that is still powered by halogen bulbs of same wattage so overall improvement will be meagre. Again you need to swap the bulbs to HID to get the best which will cause greater expense.

4. Consider adding aux lights so that you can use them in pitch dark and lonely areas.

5. Go for aftermarket HID and Projector installation, but that again will cost you a lot and that will make swapping to original Hyundai projector headlamps much more value.

Based on the inputs, decide on what you can go for.

But, dont upgrade fog lamps as that will give you a meagre improvement that too at the cost of increased glare to oncoming vehicles.
Old 10th June 2014, 20:23   #8243
Senior - BHPian

Retrofit LED bulb upgrade

Done:
Philips P21/5 LED for Brake/Tail lamp
Philips 30mm festoon 4000k for interior light (Replaced no name chinese LED with this)
Philips W5W 4000k for park light

Next upgrade:
Philips Amber LED for turn signal indicators
Philips white LED for reverse lamps

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_140627.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_164111.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_170559.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_170639.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_171858.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_175424.jpg

The LED placement on the Philips P21/5 retrofit bulb is at the same position as the filament of the incandescent lamp. So the pattern in the tail lamp lights up as intended (in the swift) and looks OEM.

1st pic - LED on LH tail lamp, Incandescent on RH tail lamp
2nd pic - LED on both tail lamps
3rd pic - LED on both lamps - Brake light mode (need to change the third brake light to LED)
4th pic - No name china LED (3 festoon units soldered together)
5th pic - No name china LED illumination
6th pic - Philips 4000K festoon interior illumination (warmer colour)
7th pic - Philips 4000K W5W park lamps

There are no exposure settings in my cell phone camera, so can't say these pics look the same like how they are in reality. But one thing is for sure, these LEDs are damn much brighter than stock, even the tail lamps!
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_164430.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_184141.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_184159.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_171447.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_170207.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_171139.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20140610_184106.jpg
Sankar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 02:23   #8244
BHPian

Re: Retrofit LED bulb upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Done:
Philips P21/5 LED for Brake/Tail lamp
Nice upgrade there.
Can you please share the price details.
Was it ordered online?
I have been planning for a while,to upgrade tail/brake lamp to LEDs and would like to do something similar .
Old 11th June 2014, 11:29   #8245
Senior - BHPian

hi sankar, where did you buy the phillips led kits? I too am looking for amber LED's for my turn indicators.
Old 11th June 2014, 11:34   #8246
Senior - BHPian

@VinodDevil & Fullrevs, the LED were bought from amazon.com, look for Philips P21/5 LED.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 16:38   #8247

Hello Guys,

I am looking for an up-gradation for headlights and fog-lights of my Swift Dzire ZDi(Old Model).
HID's have been ruled out due to cost involved.

So, What are things that need to be added/changed in the car to fit a brighter and high watt bulbs?
I do quite a lot of Driving at night, so please suggest accordingly.I have heard Philips and Osram to be quite good. Can anyone please suggest appropriate models of these.

I am also looking for a brighter fog-lights that would be of some use in case my headlights go kaput. Would it require a separate relay?

Thanks.
Old 28th June 2014, 10:53   #8248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanekid View Post
Hello Guys,

So, What are things that need to be added/changed in the car to fit a brighter and high watt bulbs?
I do quite a lot of Driving at night, so please suggest accordingly.I have heard Philips and Osram to be quite good. Can anyone please suggest appropriate models of these.

I am also looking for a brighter fog-lights that would be of some use in case my headlights go kaput. Would it require a separate relay?
You just need to purchase a headlight wiring harness kit. Everything needed is included except the bulb itself. Installation is also quick and easy if you still cant figure it out, any mechanic can do it for Rs. 50 and ten minutes.

For the fog lamps, a relay is already present so a bulb upgrade wouldnt be difficult. The only problem is the 35w bulb is of H8 type and there is no greater wattage in that rating. You would have to go for 55W bulb which is of H11 type and a slight modification is required for the bulb to fit in. Else electrically no mods are required.
Old 28th June 2014, 11:30   #8249

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You just need to purchase a headlight wiring harness kit. Everything needed is included except the bulb itself. Installation is also quick and easy if you still cant figure it out, any mechanic can do it for Rs. 50 and ten minutes.

For the fog lamps, a relay is already present so a bulb upgrade wouldnt be difficult. The only problem is the 35w bulb is of H8 type and there is no greater wattage in that rating. You would have to go for 55W bulb which is of H11 type and a slight modification is required for the bulb to fit in. Else electrically no mods are required.
Thanks for replying.
I'm currently looking at the Hella Wiring Kit for 100/130W. Can it be fitted in Dzire and is it sufficient?
Any suggestion about the bulb model for headlight ? Need the brightest one(with yellow tint).
Also, for fitting in brighter fog-lights, do I need to completely replace the assembly or the holder needs to be replaced?
Old 29th June 2014, 23:43   #8250
Senior - BHPian

Just brought a pair of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited H4 for my Xcent, Much better compared to stock lights. Now planning NB's for Foglights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks